Corona virus

"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Spoiler
Two days left on mine! Will be very happy for this shit to come to an end.

I don't quite get it. Does spending time in quarantine make one immune to Covid-19? You start going out again, and *BOOM!* you renew your risk of exposure. =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I basically live my regular life in quarantine. Not much has changed in my day to day other than trying to keep my distance from people, being more mindful of keeping things clean and scrubbing my hands if I've gone to a public place.

What is killing me about being in the house is that I recently moved in and there is no cable or internet service. That means I can't play video games. My dumb ass didn't download any games that I could play offline before I left my old house thinking that I could just get internet hooked up and be playing delirium league being a week or two behind everyone else.

The cable company said they are slammed with requests for setting up clients with being able to log in to do school from home and couldn't give me an estimated time that they can come run the necessary equipment to the house. All my DVDs and player are in a box somewhere in storage, likely in the back because that was some of the first shit I packed and moved.

I literally spent 3 hours yesterday afternoon rolling change. Not because I need the money, simply because I had nothing better to do. I want to do what I can to limit my exposure but I might go out today and pick up a few books or go buy a game console and a few games or something. I haven't played on a console since Halo 2 came out so maybe that will be a welcome thing.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
According to public data Iran plateaued. The number of newly infected people is the same as the number of cured people.

But if course I am 100% sure they are lying so that doesn't mean anything.
^You need a couple of days of sustained numbers before you can actually speak of a trend taking place.

Some numbers are getting skewed by hospitals being overwelmed and not pushing their numbers out for example, or trying to accurately determine cause of death so numbers dont get inflated because of non-corona related figures entering.

It's really to soon to call out an inflex point in the curve on a single days worth of numbers.

It can be a hopefull sign though.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Spoiler
Two days left on mine! Will be very happy for this shit to come to an end.

I don't quite get it. Does spending time in quarantine make one immune to Covid-19? You start going out again, and *BOOM!* you renew your risk of exposure. =0[.]o=
The situation here in Taiwan isn't remotely comparable to what's going on in other places. Our screening, testing, and contact tracing processes started on January 1 and steadily ramped up in the time since, and travel restrictions have increased as the situation elsewhere has deteriorated. The vast majority of our cases here are imported, and travel into/out of the country is pretty much locked down now.

I had two weeks as a precaution due to spending 6 days in Hong Kong early in the month. I've been random-tested 4 times in my 12 days and come back negative each time, I have no symptoms of any kind, and there are 0 known cases anywhere near my corner of New Taipei at present.

There's no real reason for me not to get back to somewhat normal once my two weeks is over. Just need to be careful and take precautions, and stay aware of what's happening.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Taiwan got it right. Just have to keep the state sealed up until a vaccine is developed and you're golden.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Mar 22, 2020, 10:59:51 AM
Thing about Iran is, there is very little info to go on. They do report their new cases and deaths but what the exact measures they take are remains a bit of a mystery.
In Canada, provincial governments are stepping in to protect us from reality deniers. The latest to join is Nova Scotia. I think we're days away from the federal government going to essential services country wide.

Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
In Canada, provincial governments are stepping in to protect us from reality deniers. The latest to join is Nova Scotia. I think we're days away from the federal government going to essential services country wide.

Can't wait, it has taken Baby Trudeau too long to make this decision at the Federal level.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
The reason it's taking him so long is the fear of deniers revolting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info