Delirium supporter packs are meh

"
DuALsTRIKE wrote:
"
KopaKabana wrote:
THE WHOLE ELAGUE IS MEH, WORSE EVEN :(

Play it before you critique it. You're judging a book by its cover and that is a vice, not a virtue.

Nope. Not even contributing one number to their launch day numbers. It looks like a boring, hot mess. The new jewels look like a way to convince people to grind their boring league starter even MORE before making an interesting character, and is one more level of obnoxious complexity that will probably breed a couple OP builds and nothing more (lethal pride jewel, anyone?).

For hardcore grinders, it'll probably be great. For the rest of us with limited time, it's just not worth playing anymore.
Grand Sanctum was one of the best supporter pack IMO so I was expecting "meh" supporter packs this league. They kinda remind me of Blight supporter packs. I hope boxes will be good.
"
Redthorne82 wrote:
"
DuALsTRIKE wrote:
"
KopaKabana wrote:
THE WHOLE ELAGUE IS MEH, WORSE EVEN :(

Play it before you critique it. You're judging a book by its cover and that is a vice, not a virtue.

Nope. Not even contributing one number to their launch day numbers. It looks like a boring, hot mess.

Again, play before you critique. You're saying it "looks" like it's boring and a hot mess, but you'd be surprised how many things in life look boring and unappealing at face value, but are actually enjoyable when you keep an open mind and try them out.

Here's a great example: when I was a child, I always thought meatloaf was disgusting, just because I didn't like the look of it. Once I tried it out for the first time, however, I loved it and realized I'd been missing out because I refused to give it a chance.

Sadly, I learned that when I was a kid, and there are adults here doing what I did when I was in the single digits. I'm not saying you need to lower your expectations, but you certainly could learn to have a little patience and try something before you decide whether or not you like it. Disregard the hype train and what the blur of the masses are saying and discover whether YOU like it or not - rather than going with what others are saying.

I still remember people complaining on the forums before breach league, saying it looked boring and was a dull mechanic. Now it's widely touted as one of the best leagues. Funny thing, huh?
"
Redthorne82 wrote:

For hardcore grinders, it'll probably be great. For the rest of us with limited time, it's just not worth playing anymore.

If you don't have time to play leagues, standard might be more your style.
I quite like them, but I wish there would be some variety in what they offer - not just weapon effect all the time, it feels so cheap for a lot of money, and I didn't like that much the popping thing above head in the previous/gore packs and it was everywhere.

I guess they cannot please everyone, so it would be cool to offer sometimes all previous pack for a limited time - maybe during anniversary time? Because if you didn't play for longer time/are new and you want to support them and get some currency at the same time, you are stuck with the current support pack. And it is a quite big chance it does fit your taste, because it is a lot of money, you really want the content to be something you really want, not just: yeah, that is quite nice.

For example I would prefer mage's outfit, but all core packs are heavy armor. I would want a cloak, maybe a portal or a pet. Or even better something for the hideout - but the pack with cloak looks a bit too much deluxe for my taste and the other pack does have only portal, but portals disappear if you don't open a map. So I wish those cosmetical portals wouldn't disappear, only the shining rectangle above them, otherwise it doesn't feel like worthy of all the money.

I get it is really expensive, because they don't have anything else in the shop, but the price makes it not that impulsive buy for limited time for me anyway - I would prefer variety.
Last edited by lefali on Feb 26, 2020, 1:39:21 AM
"
lefali wrote:
so it would be cool to offer sometimes all previous pack for a limited time - maybe during anniversary time?

Don't try to hold it, flow with it.
The Fates are watching you... Wanna duel? :D :D lol
Sick Tiesto Power Mix, stay true to you
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I wish they fit the league theme more.Like foggy weapon or character effect.

+1

It's a weird type of "meh" for me. Like, part "pretty cool" part "tf would you do that for" so when they're combined it's just "meh".

Darkseer everything looks intricate and cool but on the face it's like some kid drew their first tribal design with a crayon. What's the point of designing bunch of little details on the armour when you have a traffic light on your face stealing all the attention.

Same with Fateweaver, cool and royal looking armour. Then the helmet looks like a mantis. Mantis, with a grandma face. A grandma mantis.
Is it crossbow or is it assault rifle?
They are like wannabe empyrean packs from the old core packs. Meh indeed.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info