PS4 - Jun only giving a single encounter

Would this also equivocate to triple the chance to get exclusive drops from Catarina? Could she potentially even drop multiple of her exclusive loot?

I had planned to do a build that need her helmet on console, but prices were rather high, and now I can see why. Time investment to get it.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568084

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568078

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568062
"

Would this also equivocate to triple the chance to get exclusive drops from Catarina? Could she potentially even drop multiple of her exclusive loot?

I had planned to do a build that need her helmet on console, but prices were rather high, and now I can see why. Time investment to get it.
Mastermind encounter is not different from PC since it takes you the same amount of maps to get there.

Amount of rewards from the boss and from the rooms is the same on PC and Console.

Everything before mastermind in multiplied by 3 because you get 1 encounter per map(instead of 3).

"
Twice now, once before the latest patch, and once today, I’ve used a Jun mission from my Hideout and no Syndicate mission spawned for the map. This is incredibly frustrating because it feels as if Jun (and Zana) missions are rewarded less than the others for completing maps and doubly so since the only other way to get extra missions is via prophecies (no scarabs, obviously). So, can you explain why this is happening? Is your team aware of this? I can upload a video if need be.
A video of a problem would help a lot.
The big problem is swapping sindycate members. We have x3 more difficult to get it where we need.
Just my opinion on this (for what it is worth). The issue with reduced encounters (in spite of the increased rewards) is the reduced opportunity to manipulate the board.
Even with skillful play (and I don't count myself as such a player) there are layers of rng with syndicate board manipulation and my anecdotal experience is that it becomes a deeply frustrating and prolonged grind, just trying to get and then rank a member into a given safe-house.
I mean, I can be very close to my goal, and then find I have to run 8, 9 maybe even more encounters to get the character properly ranked. and if you make a mistake and ruin the layout, well I find it to be pretty soul destroying stuff.
Some of the rewards are very worthwhile (imho) but the rng grind to get there normally has me feeling pure relief when I finally achieve my goal so I no longer have to deal with this part of the game anymore.
I would honestly like to see more encounters, or at least more chance to manipulate the board so that I don't feel so devastated when I mess up, or frustrated when it can take so long to get a specific goal across the line.
On a positive note, the increased rewards per safehouse does indeed go some way to compensating for this frustration, but I liked it better when we had the actual Betrayal league, and farming the syndicate felt like a totally viable and rewarding thing to do.

ps. here's a small example of how things can go quickly pear shaped. Let's say you have Camaria as a free agent, awaiting an opportunity to get him into Intervention for those sweet sweet sulphite scarabs. Meanwhile you decide to evict a leader out of Fortification because the rewards they give are not useful to you. Then to your horror the game goes and inserts Cameria as the leader of Fortification at which point he is now dug in like a alabama tick and your dreams of Sulphite scarabs just got jettisoned into oblivion. While this can be partly blamed on lack of player skill, the consequences of the failure to predict what the game was going to do has brutal consequences given the very few chances we get to actually manipulate the board and therefore recover from our mistakes.
Last edited by bendybruce on Feb 2, 2020, 9:00:56 PM
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
"

A video of a problem would help a lot.

Here are two videos:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1emhKWJANZg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UYvJuKlckv8

I have narrowed down the cause of this and can replicate it every time. What happens is, when you have a safehouse about to activate and also have a syndicate member being interrogated that is providing intelligence for that particular safehouse, if you activate a Jun mission (and thus make intelligence toward that safehouse go from <100% to 100%) the syndicate encounter will not spawn in the map you just activated. See the first video. The second video shows this isn’t limited to just missions earned from killing map bosses/daily missions but also prophecies too. It very clearly states “you will encounter Jun and complete her mission” but no mission spawns in the map.
Thank you, that helps a lot.
We will look into this issue.
"
bendybruce wrote:
Just my opinion on this (for what it is worth). The issue with reduced encounters (in spite of the increased rewards) is the reduced opportunity to manipulate the board.
Even with skillful play (and I don't count myself as such a player) there are layers of rng with syndicate board manipulation and my anecdotal experience is that it becomes a deeply frustrating and prolonged grind, just trying to get and then rank a member into a given safe-house.
I mean, I can be very close to my goal, and then find I have to run 8, 9 maybe even more encounters to get the character properly ranked. and if you make a mistake and ruin the layout, well I find it to be pretty soul destroying stuff.
Some of the rewards are very worthwhile (imho) but the rng grind to get there normally has me feeling pure relief when I finally achieve my goal so I no longer have to deal with this part of the game anymore.
I would honestly like to see more encounters, or at least more chance to manipulate the board so that I don't feel so devastated when I mess up, or frustrated when it can take so long to get a specific goal across the line.
On a positive note, the increased rewards per safehouse does indeed go some way to compensating for this frustration, but I liked it better when we had the actual Betrayal league, and farming the syndicate felt like a totally viable and rewarding thing to do.

ps. here's a small example of how things can go quickly pear shaped. Let's say you have Camaria as a free agent, awaiting an opportunity to get him into Intervention for those sweet sweet sulphite scarabs. Meanwhile you decide to evict a leader out of Fortification because the rewards they give are not useful to you. Then to your horror the game goes and inserts Cameria as the leader of Fortification at which point he is now dug in like a alabama tick and your dreams of Sulphite scarabs just got jettisoned into oblivion. While this can be partly blamed on lack of player skill, the consequences of the failure to predict what the game was going to do has brutal consequences given the very few chances we get to actually manipulate the board and therefore recover from our mistakes.

100% agree with this.
Although other aspects of this have been balanced with increased rewards, it still stands that we have 1/3 of the opportunities to affect the board itself and manipulating it :(
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
Thank you, that helps a lot.
We will look into this issue.

Thanks for looking into this!!!

I have had a similar issue occur 4-5 times this league (not overly frequent given how much I’ve played, but enough to be annoying).

I launch a map via Jun, using a master mission. No other sources of masters (i.e. no scarabs, prophecies, or sextants that give master missions). When I enter the map, I get the pop-up notification saying to complete the syndicate encounter, and my master mission is consumed (-1 to the Jun mission count on the atlas interface). I then full-clear the map (0 monsters remain, all areas explored), and no syndicate encounter ever spawned.

This has not happened with any other master, only Jun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info