[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
NoImagination wrote:
Spoiler
"
aortisan wrote:
First of all... Gratz for your 40 achievements Noimagination hehe.

I know we are bothering you so much with question, but as I see you are a expert in this matter, ill feel free to ask you a few questions hehe.

Thanks! And don't worry about it, I've no work this week.

"
aortisan wrote:
I have around around 15-18 ex to spend. What should be my next step?

You may as well quality your amulet, shield, flask, belt & shoes. It's cheap and lots of small upgrades really add up quickly. It's worth replacing the mana & granite flasks with DPS ones too.

I think with 15ex, I'd get Awakened Controlled Destruction (~3.2ex), Awakened Cold Penetration (~15c) and Awakened Added Cold Damage (~80c) then quality them all (~60c).

That leaves you with about 10ex remaining. You can get pretty decent double Watchers Eyes for less than that:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/wBean4msb

Then I guess you're getting into wanting a better wand, Soul Mantle corrupts, top tier boots/gloves/hat. Most of those are going to cost more than your remaining currency though.

"
aortisan wrote:
Also, I'm afraid of getting rid of my clear mind jewel, cause my mana regeneration is far for what I've seen in Wallach videos. I wonder if its cause of my mana pool.

You can get 70% increased mana regen on your boots as an enchant. That makes it much easier to drop Clear Mind. It's at the opportunity cost of 10% elemental penetration though.

If you do take this route, a good cobalt jewel is probably not a bad place to spend some of that remaining currency on, then switch to saving for the super expensive stuff.

You want about 2 mana for every 3 life you have. It can be worth getting mana on boots or gloves to help with that, but the passive %mana nodes are generally very efficient so it's not a big deal to take some of those.

"
woda1992 wrote:
Hello! How can I improve the damage? I have about 20 exalts for that :)

"
NoImagination wrote:
You don't need Kikazuru now that you have the Veil.

"
woda1992 wrote:
I dont know what i do wrong but the curses work ON me iven if I have Virdi's Veil...

"
Wallach wrote:
Yeah, you still have your Kikazaru rings equipped. You need a magic ring in your right ring slot to get Hexproof from Viridi's Veil.

"
woda1992 wrote:
I just changed to fly maps, take a look now

"
Wallach wrote:
You need a magic ring in your right ring slot to get Hexproof from Viridi's Veil.

Well, that was fun.

That made me laugh, dangit NoImagination! But just wanna add my thanks to all the replies and info you and Wallach provides to all the questions, and gratz on the 40 challenges! Thats something I'll never get around to do myself -.-
"
kaygee82 wrote:
That made me laugh, dangit NoImagination! But just wanna add my thanks to all the replies and info you and Wallach provides to all the questions, and gratz on the 40 challenges! Thats something I'll never get around to do myself -.-

Thanks! This is the key to completing all challenges:

1. Live alone during a global pandemic
2. Complete 40/40
3. ???
4. Profit
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 25, 2021, 2:19:18 PM
Has anyone considered wyrmsign as a mid tier glove? Has acceptable life and ascendancy passive gives you 100% rampage up time. For farming that's 50-200% damage and bunch of movement speed. I'm not sure how useful the tier bonuses are for rampage but they are in there also.

I mean 70 life, 100%-200% increase damage, and some good movement speed seem pretty nice on gloves to farm maps.
Last edited by Jon011684 on Feb 25, 2021, 3:15:52 PM
"
woda1992 wrote:
I just changed to fly maps, take a look now

You are using a RARE ring in your right hand.
Read what your helm says. You're right hand ring must be MAGIC (blue).

Guys like NoImagination and Wallach go out of their way to help but must get really frustrated with some people.
Alright Idk what happened tbh but I made so much money in the last 2 days (I'm poor af and never seen this much before) I have 8 exalts and wanna know what I should upgrade next.

I'm afraid I won't have enough currency to change my armor cause if I remove one thing another thing breaks so I was thinking if I should invest into cluster jewels, or my wands...or different gems?

I'm in the process of fixing my flasks, so that's fine for now.

Another thing, how do I see my true damage in PoB? is that talked about in the forum? please let me know and I'll start looking through the forum for it them.

I broke so many of my personal goals so far with this build so thanks so much for the guide and also NoImagination for all the extra information :D
Berserk is a good manga
Last edited by yhuwgnlkpxi on Feb 25, 2021, 11:00:24 PM
"
Has anyone considered wyrmsign as a mid tier glove? Has acceptable life and ascendancy passive gives you 100% rampage up time. For farming that's 50-200% damage and bunch of movement speed. I'm not sure how useful the tier bonuses are for rampage but they are in there also.

I mean 70 life, 100%-200% increase damage, and some good movement speed seem pretty nice on gloves to farm maps.

Yep, looks good to me. I'm not really a game mechanics guy, but I guess the main problem is that when you start a new area (not just a map, but also the tougher bosses), the gloves aren't doing anything. They also lack resists, which can be a problem when you're level 65 or whatever and going into maps.

"
Alright Idk what happened tbh but I made so much money in the last 2 days (I'm poor af and never seen this much before) I have 8 exalts and wanna know what I should upgrade next.

I'm afraid I won't have enough currency to change my armor cause if I remove one thing another thing breaks so I was thinking if I should invest into cluster jewels, or my wands...or different gems?

My solution to this was to invest all my currency into the best item in a particular slot as I could. e.g. if you get 35% movespeed, 100 resist, 80 life boots, it's much easier to change other gear slots. Don't worry about Wise Oak until later on, you can just use Rumi's Concoction or Atziri's Promise (or even Cinderswallow or Bottled Faith, what I consider to be the endgame flasks).

Similarly, it will help to quality your amulet & ring, and to roll your Coward's Legacy to get 20 all attributes, then quality that. There are some available at around 2ex if you prefer, but Divines are quite cheap right now. You can ignore movement speed on the belt for now.

Asides from boosting your life, these steps boost your dex, which makes picking other items easier, lets you unallocate some dex nodes, or lets you replace the Legion jewel with e.g. Clear Mind. Do you actually need as much dex as you have right now?

In a similar vein, it's worth getting a ring with T1 life alongside whatever second mod you want on it. Once you have that, and it has quality, you can ignore it for the rest of the season, and concentrate on other items.

Quality on your 6 linked gems helps a lot. 21/20 freezing pulse likewise. You may as well quality your Hatred too, because the aura extends further, covering your totems more often.

Your main hand wand isn't very good: added fire or %lightning are OK, but you have no passive points invested in scaling them. It effectively has 2 good mods (+cold gems and cast speed) and four mediocre ones. I imagine you can find upgrades for relatively little.

After all that, I'd look for some 'enabling boots' as mentioned at the start of this. It's better to think of your gloves as your main dex source, because they can roll T1 dex, 60 max. Boots can only roll T2, 55 max. 35% movement speed really is a pretty big upgrade, as you run maps faster, so you make money faster. This is part of why I use Phase Run, and if I were to play this build again, I'd add Onslaught sooner as well.

I don't know what resists you need precisely, but a search like this gives decent results for your budget:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/35KyB0s5

Most of these steps are about 'finishing' an item, or at least upgrading it enough that you can ignore it for a while. Eventually you'll reach the point that that 'finished' item is now your worst one, and you repeat the cycle until you have pretty much perfect gear.

"
Another thing, how do I see my true damage in PoB? is that talked about in the forum? please let me know and I'll start looking through the forum for it them.

From time to time someone will post a screenshot of their POB configuration tab, but I don't think there's a generally accepted standard. That's why I prefer just saying hideout DPS. Although that has its own problems, it at least lets us see how we're doing relative to what's possible with the build.

"
I broke so many of my personal goals so far with this build so thanks so much for the guide and also NoImagination for all the extra information :D

For my part, you're welcome!
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 26, 2021, 12:35:43 AM
"
After all that, I'd look for some 'enabling boots' as mentioned at the start of this. It's better to think of your gloves as your main dex source, because they can roll T1 dex, 60 max. Boots can only roll T2, 55 max. 35% movement speed really is a pretty big upgrade, as you run maps faster, so you make money faster. This is part of why I use Phase Run, and if I were to play this build again, I'd add Onslaught sooner as well.

Alright I just got a wand upgrade that should be okay for a little bit, also got 2ex boots that seemed like a steal (they might be 3ex). I noticed the increase as soon as I put them on lmao, never knew boots could have a 35% roll.

For the catalyst the ones I use on the amulet are Turbulent and for the magic ring Fertile ones?

I also spent 3ex on a awakened controlled gem then went along and quality all of the chest gems. I'm working on freezing pulse 21/20.

So just to make things clear for me, I should invest in gear then cluster then my waters eye right?

I know this was asked somewhere in there pages but I can't find it, what configurations should I have in PoB?

My text seems messy sorry about that.

Berserk is a good manga
Last edited by yhuwgnlkpxi on Feb 26, 2021, 2:00:03 AM
Trying to figure out why Haste and Increased Duration are linked in the Boots section under Gear when you mouse over them. It's split into two parts when in the gems section it's all together with Steelskin and CWDT. Did I miss something or is Haste not supposed to be there?
"
For the catalyst the ones I use on the amulet are Turbulent and for the magic ring Fertile ones?

You probably want fertile catalysts on a ring. Turbulent or intrinsic for the amulet: do you want more DPS or more dex? For the belt, you want intrinsic, to boost str & dex.

"
So just to make things clear for me, I should invest in gear then cluster then my waters eye right?

I think there are cheaper upgrades for you than taking a triple-notable large cluster jewel. But under the principle of finishing items, triple notable cluster jewels are decent candidates.

"
I know this was asked somewhere in there pages but I can't find it, what configurations should I have in PoB?

Like I say, there's nothing everyone agrees on. I have this, but I wouldn't want to argue that it's right or the best or anything. Some people have unnerved, and some don't, for example.

Spoiler

For whatever it's worth my hideout DPS is 559k with only auras on.

"
ChevronChin wrote:
Trying to figure out why Haste and Increased Duration are linked in the Boots section under Gear when you mouse over them. It's split into two parts when in the gems section it's all together with Steelskin and CWDT. Did I miss something or is Haste not supposed to be there?

It's Vaal Haste that's linked to increased duration. You don't use the regular Haste aura. If you link both to CWDT & Steelskin, you get the increased duration boost to Steelskin. CWDT can't trigger vaal or aura skills.

Vaal Haste is a DPS boost. I don't bother with it, and prefer Frost Shield alongside Steelskin with CWDT.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 26, 2021, 6:48:54 AM
I'm trying this build, maybe will be my next starter. It is not my first char this league, so I spent some currency here but I cant reach more than 400k dps. Can someone help me? What should I upgrade next?

My char is public.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info