[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
sephrinx wrote:
You can easily start the build with 15ex.

Get yourself a 6l Soul Mantle (6ex or so) and Viridi's Veil (20c), a decent sceptre or wand with ~80% spell damage, 80% Spell Crit, and +1 cold spell gems (1ex or so). You can find a pretty good amulet aside from Pandemonious for like 40c. Resists, life, and either cast speed and/or spell damage and/or crit multi.

You want a Magic Vermillion Ring. Use fossils on it to get 80 Life, having used Fertile Catalysts beforehand to get improved rolls. Then, using the crafting bench add a resist if you need.

Gloves with Life/Resist and "increased damage with hits against chilled enemies" I got mine for 80c, might have gone up since then I'm not sure.

Cowards Legacy belt is around 1.5-2ex, it's not mandatory to start out at all but it is a very substantial boost in damage.

Decent cluster jewels can be expensive, can get gg ones for 2ex a piece and never have to replace them. Since I'm a cheapskate, I just bought "decent enough" ones.

Here is my character so far - https://pastebin.com/K2wqPm8k

I've not spend much on this build and it absolutely shits on everything. The only thing I haven't been able to do was the Uber Breachlord encounter through the Maven Invitation thing, they would just ignore my totems and 1 shot me back to back, very annoying.

Dealing about 350k shaper dps per totem, with 7 totems, so that's math amount of dps. The fastest scaling return on investment of any build I've played so far. By dropping the shield and getting another weapon the dps per totem would push 550k+, but I like the defense it provides and don't really need the damage.

Fossil crafting the ring? You mean alt spamming, right?
So finally completed all content yesterday. By all content, I mean MAVEN GLAVEN! (who gets that reference?)

For anyone still looking to develop, do see my gear.

Wands were bought for like 20c 2 weeks ago, really old wands and not that great. Tried some Harvest craft but wasnt that lucky. Oddly the lightning res is quite vital for me.

Boots were bought as soon as I reached maps only 4 days after league start
Gloves were bought for 20c at same time as boots and the life was harvest crafted from 22 to 89! (so lucky).

Harvest craft was used to reroll values on all rare items so they are top end rolls.

Build progression
Most important milestone was obtaining the 6l. I was incredibly lucky in doing that myself with less than 150 fusings.
2nd step was obtaining the helmet.
3rd was obtaining the blanket snow cluster jewel - was around 15c at the time

Beat shaper, elder and uber elder - quite used to those fights from previous leagues.

Managed to beat Shaper guardian and elder guardian maven fights - took 3 portals for elder but shaper was deathless.

4th was obtaining the Sleepless Sentries medium cluster jewel. This was a game changer. Can not quite remember the price but it was not prohibitive.

Able to kill Breachlord Maven fight at white map level
Killed Maven

5th bottled faith flask (from cortex map drop which was obtained)

Replaced 20/20 gems with awakened gems and used experience lenses stored from Harvest to boost 3 levels.

Killed Synthesis bosses maven fight
Killed Cortex, Uber shaper/elder and Atziri maven fight (surprisingly easy - it is essentially two separate back to back fights - the Uber Elder fight and then Atziri, Cortex and Cyhulea fight

Hopefully this helps people understand the intermediate milestones that they can aim for in order to complete content fairly trouble free.

I still need to get 3 gold oils to change my anointment to Wishpers of Doom to enable double curse. At the moment the ring is slightly redundant.
Still need to obtain a helmet enchantment (most likely ain't happening) and amending my boot/glove enchantment
Still need to upgrade cluster jewel (10-12ex is a challenge to raise)
Still need to upgrade wands though I think they are fine going forward
Still need to max level awakened gems
Still need to get + 1 corrupted soul mantle (probably wont happen)

For wands I focused
Cold or Spell damage 100%+
Critical chance for spells 100%+
Cast speed (stuck to profane wands for that)

Didn't bother with any other mods, they were either available on sold wands or crafted on.
"
Asag wrote:
Ok in this league I have crazy luck, it took me like 30 alts and 1 regal to make this:

Its really that much better than:

PoB says like 15k lower DPS but do not count culling strike. I will also lose some projectile speed.

You need to click 'is the enemy unnerved' in the PoB config. Just unnerve on its own is more dps for me than the second jewel and culling is really nice for bossfights
Last edited by Sttorr on Feb 4, 2021, 4:44:44 AM
"
sephrinx wrote:
You can easily start the build with 15ex.

Get yourself a 6l Soul Mantle (6ex or so) and Viridi's Veil (20c), a decent sceptre or wand with ~80% spell damage, 80% Spell Crit, and +1 cold spell gems (1ex or so). You can find a pretty good amulet aside from Pandemonious for like 40c. Resists, life, and either cast speed and/or spell damage and/or crit multi.

You want a Magic Vermillion Ring. Use fossils on it to get 80 Life, having used Fertile Catalysts beforehand to get improved rolls. Then, using the crafting bench add a resist if you need.

Gloves with Life/Resist and "increased damage with hits against chilled enemies" I got mine for 80c, might have gone up since then I'm not sure.

Cowards Legacy belt is around 1.5-2ex, it's not mandatory to start out at all but it is a very substantial boost in damage.

Decent cluster jewels can be expensive, can get gg ones for 2ex a piece and never have to replace them. Since I'm a cheapskate, I just bought "decent enough" ones.

Here is my character so far - https://pastebin.com/K2wqPm8k

I've not spend much on this build and it absolutely shits on everything. The only thing I haven't been able to do was the Uber Breachlord encounter through the Maven Invitation thing, they would just ignore my totems and 1 shot me back to back, very annoying.

Dealing about 350k shaper dps per totem, with 7 totems, so that's math amount of dps. The fastest scaling return on investment of any build I've played so far. By dropping the shield and getting another weapon the dps per totem would push 550k+, but I like the defense it provides and don't really need the damage.

Sounds awesome thank you :D what kind of farming can this build do? I see alot of people spamming maven invitations for huge profit or they do 100% delirium maps..are either of those an option for us? I assume having HH would be mandatory for 100% delirium..

Anyway, I just want a build now I can chill with and clear all content, archmage is stressful, so it's getting binned LOL
HH not very useful for us.

I did a lot of T16 100% delirium maps in Harvest. You tend to die once every couple of maps because you can't take any hits at all. The DPS isn't a problem though.

Likewise, Maven isn't a problem.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 4, 2021, 6:18:01 AM
Ok so I have bought everything except the 2 wands so far... I'm really bad at crafting... can anyone please advise how I go about crafting a decent wand?
Last edited by Adjust91 on Feb 4, 2021, 8:22:44 AM
Don't know why but i get one shot a LOT this season. Anyone can look my character and tell me if i missed something? First time i cannot make 20/20 simulacrum. Thx
"
Adjust91 wrote:
Ok so I have bought everything except the 2 wands so far... I'm really bad at crafting... can anyone please advise how I go about crafting a decent wand?

Crafting wands is hard because there are so many caster tags. I'd probably try to fracture +1 all spell skill gems, then go from there. That's what's limiting me at the moment, and the ones on the market are in the 40ex range.

You are almost certainly fine to just buy a couple of 50c wands though. Cast speed, crit multi, crit chance, spell damage, probably in that order, are what you're after. +cold to spells and so on also useful.

"
NoStRoMoSs wrote:
Don't know why but i get one shot a LOT this season. Anyone can look my character and tell me if i missed something? First time i cannot make 20/20 simulacrum. Thx

My first thought upon hearing 'one shot' is 'Pantheon'. Brine king is helpful.

It shouldn't be hard to get more life on your ring. Attribute quality probably lets you remove the +30 dex node you've taken too.

Otherwise, it's just about getting more and more DPS and playing cautiously if need be.
"
Sttorr wrote:
"
Asag wrote:
Ok in this league I have crazy luck, it took me like 30 alts and 1 regal to make this:

Its really that much better than:

PoB says like 15k lower DPS but do not count culling strike. I will also lose some projectile speed.

You need to click 'is the enemy unnerved' in the PoB config. Just unnerve on its own is more dps for me than the second jewel and culling is really nice for bossfights

Ofc I checked unerve in options after jewel swap and it shows me like 10k lower dps.
But I decided to use for now the curse jewel and gonna start my first big harvest project, unnerve/culling gloves. When I will get them then gonna swap the jewel again.

Not sure if for repeater/streamlined tho because I see alot of people use now sleepless sentries.
My intention is to get 100 and take 2nd cluster jewel slot, with streamlined + repeater. To me, it looks like it's the 3rd best medium cluster jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info