[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
dperls wrote:
Hey Wallach, any reason you don't go trigger wand setup to automate some of the utility casts?

I actually am running one trigger wand this league. I don't always; a weapon suffix isn't a trivial thing to pay, but for Cold Snap's case I might keep things this way.

"
Artamiz wrote:
Do we still aim for a atziris shield or we role with the new helm all the way?

And again i love this build.Ty Wallach

I've updated the guide entirely around Viridi's Veil at this point. I may add a footnote about Atziri's back into the guide later, but it's not a recommended upgrade for my part anymore.
Did I miss anything out? For ease of comparison, let's say that 10% block and 5% resists are worth the same as an intrinsic ring mod and crit defence.

Shield:
6 hat mods
Zealotry
Easier Eye
Easier helmet enchant

Hat:
2 ring mods
6 wand mods

Zealotry is worth 23% more DPS for me, but a second wand is worth ~60% more DPS to me. You need those ring mods to be life or resist in almost every case, as you have fewer slots to get those from, so they don't enter into the DPS equation.

Seems to me that at the top end, where you can get triple eyes for the Veil setup, a good enchant on it, and dps ring mods, the Veil is better.

When you have a double or triple Eye that includes Zealotry, a Veil that doesn't have a helmet enchant, and therefore projectile speed on the wand, the Reflection is perversely a cheaper close-to-top end alternative.

I guess it's possible that a great hat can overcome much of the DPS disadvantage. Let's say you have -21% resists to enemies on the hat, 21 zealotry, and a triple watcher's eye. That's going to be very close to the same DPS as double-wand, except you have more defensive mods to use too, so more eHP and chaos resist.

So, all the way at the top, it seems like either option has about the same value. Near the top, perhaps the shield works better. The rest of the way, the veil works better.

Edit: Oh, and when you get a cobalt jewel that gives higher DPS than clear mind, you can take precision aura at a low level. That gives you a little more DPS, and gives you another option for an Eye mod, although only one is useful.

Edit edit: there have been a couple of usefully enchanted Veils going in the 20ex range, so perhaps that item isn't entirely out of reach.

Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 27, 2021, 4:30:51 AM
So for me, since i dont have the crit enchant on the boots yet, Zealotry seems to be the stronger pick over Hatred. Even if i pick a WE with hatred crit, Zealotry still beats the dmg. But this is only the case if the enemy is on consc. ground. Am i doing something wrong?

On a side note. I enchanted my boots around 25 times now. Not one ele pen or crit chance roll... am i unlucky? :(
Last edited by goopQ on Jan 27, 2021, 8:14:43 AM
Loving the build! This was the first build I ever played in PoE (when it first came out on PS4) and is my first return to it (now on PC). After rerolling this season after the discovery of the veil that lifted my personal 'doom and gloom' on the build, it has been fantastic.

Level 88 and rising, now farming T16s. Current gear is below and I am just about ready to switch to the cluster set-up.
Is my next upgrade the Pandemonius? Then Watchers Eye?
Better wands? (what are the rankings of mods for wands?)

Thank you for the guide Wallach!
Your plans seem good to me. You'll also want a boot enchant, and quality on a 21 FP helps a lot.

Wand rankings depend on your other items to some extent. +1 gems is the strongest single mod. Cast speed & crit multi are very good too. Then spell damage and flat added. You can calculate a weighted sum search using POB and a spare hour or so, but it's a bit involved, and I've found it somewhat inaccurate.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 27, 2021, 10:31:20 AM
Yo playing this build, it's pretty great.

However I feel like I've completely hit a wall in terms of gearing and getting upgrades.

Any pointers on what I should look into upgrading first? I've been messing around in PoB and even the most gnarly insane amulet with crit multi, +1 Dex/Cold and what not is only like a 3.6% damage increase for example.
It's not really worth spending 40ex on such a marginal increase - nor am I nearly wealthy enough to do so.

Here is my current gear;
Spoiler

And here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/vDJUaCqi

I've capped out at around 450k Totem DPS. I'm still working on transitioning over to Awakened gems, I've got Cold Pen and Added Cold so far, but the others are nightmarishly expensive.
~ Seph
What's your hideout DPS? Whenever people give POB damage, I can never tell what their settings are.

I'd be thinking about medium cluster jewels if I were you, they give you a lot of extra value. You can still add the cobalt jewels to the cluster jewel sockets if you like. Dropping mental rapidity and elemental focus give you the points to start using them.

I don't think +1 totems is valuable here. Your 4th cast will be half as effective as the first three, and you don't often need it. It shouldn't be hard to get a second wand that more than makes up for the ~ -14% DPS. You could fit projectile speed on it too.

A step inbetween for amulets is Pandemonius, it's a pretty great unique for us. Also, in POB remember that you need INT rather than dex gems. e.g.

The only other awakened gem you particularly need is controlled destruction. Hextouch and spell cascade are just nice to have.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 27, 2021, 3:41:42 PM
Well....crap.

Only problem is I've been playing a Blazing Salvo variation of Wallach's build since last league so this is not my hat.

Anyone want to give me a load of cash for it? :P
"
Sabahl wrote:
Well....crap.

Only problem is I've been playing a Blazing Salvo variation of Wallach's build since last league so this is not my hat.

Anyone want to give me a load of cash for it? :P

There is one for sale, sitting at 22ex atm. Just as a hint.
There's one not selling at 22ex. Also a cast speed one not selling at 15ex, which happens to be mine. So the real price is somewhere under those amounts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info