Blight Statistics: Notable Anointments and Ring Enchantments

I need to get some oils that i never seen before!
I am assuming that because Blight maps are so rare and you can lose a map very easily still or bug out of one... not a lot of people are willing to spend their mid-tier+ oils on rings simply because that's not a good investment. If the opposite were true and Blight maps were stable/ran a lot more you'd see a different priority when it comes to anointing rings simply because you're doing blight maps more often.
"
Astrom wrote:
I am assuming that because Blight maps are so rare and you can lose a map very easily still or bug out of one... not a lot of people are willing to spend their mid-tier+ oils on rings simply because that's not a good investment. If the opposite were true and Blight maps were stable/ran a lot more you'd see a different priority when it comes to anointing rings simply because you're doing blight maps more often.

You're saying that in these buggy/laggy maps, people aren't investing in the automatic defenses that work even if you lag. Shouldn't it... be the opposite? I want as much tower boost as possible so if I lag out for 5+ seconds the towers take care of it for me.
man, not to be Old, but i really miss the days when leagues were simple and dumb. one of the reasons people loved Breach so much was that it was simple and dumb. touch hand, get spawns, repeat until you get a hundred thingies, use thingy, get spawns, repeat. i didn't need to research what combinations of what goofy new currency would give me something useful outside of the annoying minigame, y'know?

still, thanks for all the work you guys do @GGG, don't think i don't appreciate y'all

EDIT: and to preempt the folks about to tell me it takes five minutes to learn the combinations, you are WAY underestimating how often i am going to forget which oils give what effect. it's been years and i still can't remember which essences to corrupt lmao
Last edited by The_Wuggly_Ump on Oct 14, 2019, 7:54:55 AM
Now THIS is some good data to see, since it's not something we can just find on poe.ninja.

Still, it shows some interesting things. Very good that we got a version of data that showed usage after normalizing for their rarity! I notice a few trends there:

• Cheap anoints dominate. Predictably, the list of (non-normalized) amulet anointments is topped by Alacrity, the absolute cheapest option. And in fact, +30 stat anointment are still kinda-useful; easily accessible ways of putting an extra 30 stat points on your jewelry, and it costs so little you don't have to worry if you're replacing it later. And of course, those looking to use up garbage-tier oils can go for those, since it'll interfere with your playing less than, say, risking danger on a map.

• Minion-related notables make for popular picks. This partly makes sense with how much the league is about minion builds... But even still, it also suggests something a bit more: Minion clusters probably have garbage minor nodes. The notables are really good, but the minors leading to them... Not so much. And of course, with minion builds being leaning more towards "take as many jewel sockets as possible," I can see where 2-3 minors for a strong notable being desirable to skip.

• Some of the best nodes are being skipped. Before Blight, there was a LOT of discussion over what'd be the "most-used" anointments. Of that list, very few of them actually made it into the top (normalized) list; basically just Constitution and Whispers of Doom. Soul of Steel (the most expensive possible anointment) was nowhere to be found, nor were Charisma or Golem's Blood. This might just be due to player reluctance to spend multiple gold oils on a single enchant, and this reluctance extends even beyond just the outright scarcity of gold oils.

• Even some lower-price strong nodes are being skipped. The above doesn't explain why a few of the one/zero-gold ones are absent, like Disciple of the Slaughter, Crystal Skin, Overcharged, and Force Shaper. These are all nodes identified to offer real strong potential that are mostly damped by pathing costs; probably ideal targets for anointment. I mean, Disciple of the Unyielding was popular, yet Force Shaper's "4% chance to deal double damage" is an effective "4% more DPS," and Crystal Skin is a decidedly good and unique defense boost.

Hopefully these picks also give GGG some insight on how to rebalance a lot of node clusters; for situations where players are skipping the cluster to just anoint the notable, it could mean that they should take some of the notable's power and spread it along the rest of the nodes leading up to it; after all, some notables are worth more than all of the minor nodes required for it combined.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Oct 14, 2019, 4:38:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info