[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kakabot237 wrote:
My previous post was ignored. maybe it was too long.
Let me try with a short one now.

Original guide Gems section:
"Optional - Awakened Cast while Channelling Support lv 1".

Question: Is it the one for Mapping Staff or for Boss channeling Staff ( that we are not using now, because of Self Cast Staff) ?

You only use Cast while Channeling with the Cyclone/Mapping staff.
Original Guide still states
1) Channeling Staff for Mapping
2) Channeling Single Target Staff
3) Experimental Self Casting Staff as a replacement for 2).

My Question was, as per original Guide Gems section - in which of those staffs Awakened Cast while Channelling Support lv 1 Gems was supposed to be used - in 1) or in 2).

Regards,
Karl
"
Kakabot237 wrote:
Original Guide still states
1) Channeling Staff for Mapping
2) Channeling Single Target Staff
3) Experimental Self Casting Staff as a replacement for 2).

My Question was, as per original Guide Gems section - in which of those staffs Awakened Cast while Channelling Support lv 1 Gems was supposed to be used - in 1) or in 2).

Regards,
Karl

Okay so if you’re using the self cast version which uses Intensify, Inspiration, Arcane Surge, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Focus, Cold Penetration. Then you put it in with the mapping one.

If you’re using the cyclone variant for both bossing and mapping then it doesn’t matter because eventually you’ll want it in both. So for now it just comes down to your preference.
Last edited by X Cholik X on Apr 4, 2022, 10:07:02 AM
"
X Cholik X wrote:

Okay so if you’re using the self cast version which uses Intensify, Inspiration, Arcane Surge, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Focus, Cold Penetration. Then you put it in with the mapping one.

If you’re using the cyclone variant for both bossing and mapping then it doesn’t matter because eventually you’ll want it in both. So for now it just comes down to your preference.

Thanks for explanation. I was slightly disoriented by the fact that original guide has a mathematical explanation why we should stop leveling Cast while channeling at level 15 (means 16 with Staff +1 to Skills). And it was related to cast time . 16 level Cast while Channeling support cast time is 0,37 sec and
awakened level 2 (level 1 base and +1 from staff) has already 0,33s.

However I will just follow your advice - awakend in Farming and if I ever decide to go second Channeling Staff I will think of investing into Awakened Channeling gem there as well.
Thanks to everyone whose posts I read and who helped me 40/100. gl
Are the Raider Flame/Flesh jewels worth it?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Are the Raider Flame/Flesh jewels worth it?

Kind of? The bonuses are nice and help make up for the loss of int from dropping the two jewels. But I'm honestly just not convinced they're worth the high exalt cost they currently go for.
Ok, I know this is a dumb question, but does the mod "% Increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills" apply here? I'm assuming no, since Icestorm is a spell, but I've seen some gearing that suggests yes...?
"
faelanae wrote:
Ok, I know this is a dumb question, but does the mod "% Increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills" apply here? I'm assuming no, since Icestorm is a spell, but I've seen some gearing that suggests yes...?

It doesn't effect Ice Storm, but prefixes on rings outside of energy shield and mana if you convert aren't very important to our gearing, so you'll see stuff like that and life etc. even though we don't use them.
38/40 for the first time ever.

I'm done with this league, thank you so much for this guide and for the support!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info