Is Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor Worth Playing in 2019?

Here's ZiggyD's review of it post the 2.0 changes and the Prophecy expansion (not sponsored) - https://youtu.be/aoIgoZvquho

People often say PoE lacks competition, but...

"
what you really mean is that it has no competition that's toppled it yet. PoE does have competition - Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, Torchlight 2, Last Epoch, Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr, etc.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2589019

So notwithstanding its poor launch reception, is Inquisitor a worthy competitor now? Anyone else have any recent experience or perspectives on it?
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2019, 9:11:35 AM
You can rotate the map as you go.

That enough is worth $30
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
I have had a lot of fun with it. Returned with patch a couple of months ago that totally re-did the game; crafting, got rid of crazy power ratings, changed war zones, etc.

One pro is that they allow you to use in game points (fate) to purchase dlc which I think is a great thing. Can't afford all dlc? Work for it! I can afford all dlc but it is fun to actually get the points. Makes it feel like you worked for it. More satisfying than just throwing money at the devs.

I know zero about WH lore so I cannot speak of how accurate that is. It does make you interested in it. Or did me. I actually read some articles on it and looked at a couple of vids.

For a while I played it while taking time out from PoE to avoid burn out.

It used to be super slow, which was one of the complaints people had about it. The devs said they did that on purpose but when they re-vamped it they made it a bit faster so not sure how that worked out for them.

All in all the changes are positive. I don't 100% agree with all of them.
Censored.
I’ve seen it for sale on xbox a few times, haven’t got it yet. Just not the time. I’m going to, eventually, it’s the grim dark future in my genre. How often does that happen?

Spoiler
The answer is once every 31 years.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Aug 9, 2019, 10:41:25 PM
Actually that dlc is now on sale is like 13£! got it, started playing, must say is way faster and I actually having fun. Didn’t had much time to play it yet, but definitely will play it till new league come up and maybe even longer if tower defence play style of PoE won’t b for me;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
The expansion is very cheap for what you get especially if you already own the game you get it on sale.

You get the new "summoner" class who has his own chapter. You get closure on the storyline for all your characters. You get new stuff that I didn't even notice at first. 3 stores which can be upgraded by doing missions!

Played for hours last weekend with new class and took me quite awhile to finish the new chapter with my 85th lvl character.
Censored.
It's pretty good. Mostly for story playthrough/setting. As a far-into-infinity-farm arpg it is lacking. Pretty fun though.

I bought the expansion and was hyped, lost interest before i played through it. Mostly due to concerns of a meaningful endgame, if i can't see a point farming my chararacters then i lose interest unless it's super world class storytelling.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 23, 2019, 9:14:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info