[3.13] [SSF] Essence Drain Beastmode || Ultimate Guide to Solo Self Found

"
Svergja wrote:
Looking on poe.ninja
There is 64% using wand+shield, 19% using double wands and 16% using staff.

I understand that its kinda early in the league and maybe not many have access to the multimodded bow option, but do you still think the bow is better over wand/shield?

Hey there!

The DPS difference between bow and wand is not as high anymore as it used to be, that's true. However, it's way easier to get a wand early and a bow later since there are so many ways to farm a 6-linked bow.

In Harvest SSF I played an ED Trickster with min-maxed gear (+2 wand, +2 ammy, ED in gloves and 6-linked Blight in chest). I find that harder to gear for than a bow, so I recommend the bow in my build guide.

Gear for inspiration:

Spoiler
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Heya, i'm currently trying out ED for the first time, doing SSF aswell.

You got tons of info in ur guide, but i would like to see a section where you explain how the build works. Like, i dont know in what order to use what.

I got ED, contagion, blight + wither on my bars. I get that wither is a debuff (gonna use it with spell totem when i can) so it should go first, but it can stack, so do i spam it a bunch? Then blight, contagion and then ED.

It just feels wrong, so am I wrong in how i'm doing this? i'm just lvl 15 btw
"
HarryPothead wrote:
Heya, i'm currently trying out ED for the first time, doing SSF aswell.

You got tons of info in ur guide, but i would like to see a section where you explain how the build works. Like, i dont know in what order to use what.

I got ED, contagion, blight + wither on my bars. I get that wither is a debuff (gonna use it with spell totem when i can) so it should go first, but it can stack, so do i spam it a bunch? Then blight, contagion and then ED.

It just feels wrong, so am I wrong in how i'm doing this? i'm just lvl 15 btw

Hi there! The playstyle is a little different at first, but you'll get used to it quickly. You basically only put down the Wither totems for bigger foes like bosses and such. For regular enemies it's enough to only use ED and Contagion and add Blight for magic & rare enemies.

Against white packs, use Contagion first since ED will kill too quickly. Against blue packs, ED goes first and then Contagion.

I plan to make a concise video in the future, but if you need some visual cues you can check out some of the old videos in my original post.
Thank you for the awesome guide.
I dont know why but I dont have fun with my character in trade anymore. It kinda feels meaningless to grind maps because the only thing I care is the currency so that I can buy an upgrade.

ED Contagion was my first character and I think it is time to play it again but in SSF this time.

Lets see what I can kill with it. Progression wont be as fast, but I think it will be worth it.

"
Boerz wrote:
Thank you for the awesome guide.
I dont know why but I dont have fun with my character in trade anymore. It kinda feels meaningless to grind maps because the only thing I care is the currency so that I can buy an upgrade.

ED Contagion was my first character and I think it is time to play it again but in SSF this time.

Lets see what I can kill with it. Progression wont be as fast, but I think it will be worth it.

SSF is always a good time. Once you know your way through trade, the game is just so easy. Looking forward to hear about your progress and your experience with SSF. :)
Hi, I currently am trying SSF for the first time and want to unlock the "+2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems" veiled craft, but Jun missions seem to be so rare...

What is the fastest way to unlock this in SSF, especially as it can only be dropped by Catarina?

I considered grinding Syndicate encounters in Act 9 to get to Catarina faster, but then I read somewhere that low level encounters will progress the unveil bar less than on high levels. Now I don't know what to do without completely wasting my time.

Any help is highly appreciated!
"
Fubalu wrote:
Hi, I currently am trying SSF for the first time and want to unlock the "+2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems" veiled craft, but Jun missions seem to be so rare...

What is the fastest way to unlock this in SSF, especially as it can only be dropped by Catarina?

I considered grinding Syndicate encounters in Act 9 to get to Catarina faster, but then I read somewhere that low level encounters will progress the unveil bar less than on high levels. Now I don't know what to do without completely wasting my time.

The best thing is to run maps, maps, maps. Haewark Hamlet is the best region to progress Mastermind efficiently since there's a node called Intelligence Gathering that'll give 10 Intelligence for every completed map
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Fubalu wrote:

The best thing is to run maps, maps, maps. Haewark Hamlet is the best region to progress Mastermind efficiently since there's a node called Intelligence Gathering that'll give 10 Intelligence for every completed map

Yes, that seems like a good option. I must have missed that node.
I'll try it, thanks!
Got any recommendations for easily obtainable\craftable gear for SSF that will increase power greatly when you hit endgame?
"
HarryPothead wrote:
Got any recommendations for easily obtainable\craftable gear for SSF that will increase power greatly when you hit endgame?

Get yourself an ilvl 82 Hunter ammy, roll it for +1 Intelligence spell skill gems, lock the suffixes (so a slam won't add another suffix) and augment chaos for an easy +2 ammy for ED.

In terms of wands, you can get an ilvl 55 wand and roll it for +1 spell skill gems. Since the ilvl is lower, the chance of it appearing is greater. You can either try fracturing the +1 spells or lock suffixes again (rerolling suffixes while keeping prefixes from Harvest can help a great deal here). Augment chaos and remove/add chaos till you get +1 chaos as well for a +2 wand.

Examples:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info