Frost bolt and projectile with innate auto-pierce mod

It's broken maybe your gear isn't as good that's why you're not seeing it..
"
keyboardell wrote:
It's broken maybe your gear isn't as good that's why you're not seeing it..

My setup for Ice Nova

i did some tests in HOGM and with around 248k dps(with all buffs and charges) i cant kill Mull guben , Scully Gubben , Spider queen with Ice nova+bcr in league ( Easy with Scorching Ray) , its impossible with just a bcr gem , Ice nova need a buff , its a great skill for pve but not that great for pvp

i hope GGG add a Bcr mod for weapons again someday or everybody will play Block or traps/mines for pvp lol (At least in Leagues)

Last edited by EspadaDelPanico on Jul 20, 2019, 12:23:21 PM
"

My setup for Ice Nova

i did some tests in HOGM and with around 248k dps(with all buffs and charges) i cant kill Mull guben , Scully Gubben , Spider queen with Ice nova+bcr in league ( Easy with Scorching Ray) , its impossible with just a bcr gem , Ice nova need a buff , its a great skill for pve but not that great for pvp

i hope GGG add a Bcr mod for weapons again someday or everybody will play Block or traps/mines for pvp lol (At least in Leagues)

HOGM is full of legacy and standard characters so it won t really show anything about the power of the build in temp league pvp duel.

Forum pvp
So this Ice Nova is about 1900-2400 pvp damage per hit, and it hits single target at least 5? times per T. I don't believe there would be any issues in HoGM.
Spoiler
I did like 10 HoGM runs after Impale and MS patch and had absolutely no problem with all those "tanks" while using a pure phys build (1000-4000 crit pvp damage per hit at 17aps, 766-1800 non-crit damage)

Ice Nova is the same lazy bs as Ball Lightning trapper, you just holding one button down, running around laughing at your opponent's deaths to screen-sized overlapped damage. It's only manageable on Sarn arena (just in theory, only if they finally fix movement skills namelocking issue) It's not possible to rush through ten simultaneous Ice Novas on 1v1 arena unless you are fucking 30k ES Guardian.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
i agree it should be Nerf like bl -50% or some what close to that amount it's really frustrating playing people who abuse lazy build.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
So this Ice Nova is about 1900-2400 pvp damage per hit, and it hits single target at least 5? times per T. I don't believe there would be any issues in HoGM.
Spoiler
I did like 10 HoGM runs after Impale and MS patch and had absolutely no problem with all those "tanks" while using a pure phys build (1000-4000 crit pvp damage per hit at 17aps, 766-1800 non-crit damage)

Ice Nova is the same lazy bs as Ball Lightning trapper, you just holding one button down, running around laughing at your opponent's deaths to screen-sized overlapped damage. It's only manageable on Sarn arena (just in theory, only if they finally fix movement skills namelocking issue) It's not possible to rush through ten simultaneous Ice Novas on 1v1 arena unless you are fucking 30k ES Guardian.

Ball lightning its much more op , it can clear HOGM in leagues without problems while ice nova can't do that , Also melee its op for leagues , Cyclone , Heavy strike and Dominating blow now can one shot ES tanks with cheap gear.

In my experience with ice nova + frostbolt in 1vs1, the design of the Arena its very important, for example, I can not launch frostbolt correctly if the whole scenario is full of columns (And this kind of Arena is the most frequent), In a previous league I did a ball lightning trapper and I never had problems to oneshot tanky characters , in addition the aoe of BL was much higher since I could throw the trap and move in another direction, while when i use ice nova I do not have these advantages, also the gear is limited because I play in a 3 months league

My rank for this league its:

1° Scorching Ray ,Max Block , Traps , Mines , Cyclone(with lots of Aoe)
2° Volatile dead , Ball Lightning
3° Ice Nova+Frostbolt and all the others normal skills

I invite everybody to test Frostbolt + Ice Nova , In my opinion Ice nova+Frostbolt seems like a normal skill, unless you spend about 200 exalts in gear (That makes any skill broken)

"

It s far from being a normal skill.

It s ranged thanks to Frost bolt, it have hudge AOE, it abuse multiple cast, can t be stopped by frost wall, abuse multiple projectile for free.

You keep bringing the excuse of the skills unnability to one shot tanks.

Can you imagine what s your definition of a good build > skills should in league 1 shot 12k es with 4k es regen and full block if not it is a "regular skill".

Let this sink in a little! Can you see what s the problem with how you see a a good pvp build?

No skills should be able to 1 shot a tank ( and at the same time no tank should be able to deal damage).

Why did you choose those skills for your pvp build if it s not good enough to wipe 99% of players? What s the advantage of those skills together if this is average?

Why not choosing this season artic breath then? IT got AOE, it s a projectile.

Why if this combination of skills is not op you built your whole pvp character around it, copying other s frostbolt-nova (Yes your build is copied on CoalMN FB-Nova build. Why did you copy him if it is not a very strong skill?)

The last years of you playing pvp you copied (in disorder):

-GLacial Cascade miner
-Trap BL
-lightning trap
-Doomfletch LA rupenus build
- VD zerphi
- KB rupenus build
- Bear trap 1 shot (?)

and now you will tell me suddenly you decided to finally play the "average icenova-frost bolt" while few weeks ago asking what op skill you should play this league.

I don t buy it, you know the skill is op and this is why you made a build around it, like every meta pvp build you do.

IT s ok to copy builds BTW just don t tell me you copy crap builds.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 21, 2019, 4:53:58 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
"

Why if this combination of skills is not op you built your whole pvp character around it, copying other s frostbolt-nova (Yes your build is copied on CoalMN FB-Nova build. Why did you copy him if it is not a very strong skill?)

My skill tree its based in @relithh IceNova build , Maybe if you give a chance to Ice Nova+frostbolt, you will understand my opinion

"
relithh wrote:
What im reading here it seems you want everything to have a penalty so your melee can do something?.

i am not clear on what the purpose of your post is, because end of the day there are melee builds atm using divine flesh and is doing very well, and that is even against standard min-maxed gear.

most temp league players are not invested into pvp anyway, or most of the time trying to do both.

there is no such thing of having the best of both worlds here.

Anyway try out divine flesh , its crazy op with molten shell and try lacerate too, it has insane range.

on the other hand, ice nova does multiple hits guided by frostbolt, and the pulses travel as fast as frost bolt does ( slow ), You can just be moderately f ast and move out of incoming nova pulses. This however, wont work if you're diving head on.

I would like to think you're fully pvp specced, with divine flesh, and not pve-ing , because the frostbolt/nova guy surely isn't.

4-5k hp without any mitigation will definitely get you killed. But if that is the case than you are most likely asking to be.

-- I have a friend that is running that on league DiaMN, and he felt the limitations of icenova/frostbolt too.

I personally feel that this can be a problem for some melee type builds, but lots of counterplays are def on the table against icenova/fb.

I would suggest switching around to fight it.

I agree with relithh's comment

"

My skill tree its based in @relithh IceNova build , Maybe if you give a chance to Ice Nova+frostbolt, you will understand my opinion

Since when Relithh have open profile?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CoalMN/characters
Your build is pretty much similar to Diamn, even the placement of the timeless jewel this is why I though you copied him.

Anyway, I am sure you understand that some people do not start playing a skill/build when it goes meta.

During the time all of you were playing VD+zerphi I was playing assassin Frostbolt and were testing the interaction with ice nova when it got introduced later.

What I do not understand is why you are trying to protect this particular build since you jump on every broken stuff every leagues.
Don t worry if this get nerfed (if ever it get nerfed) you ll be just fine with another build.

I understand Relith POV BTW just saying he do not mind spending 1000+ex on a skill if it can 1 shot anything with 1 button. That s not my POV. I wish pvp goes away from the bullshit 30k es tank or the bullshit 1 shot builds.

I wish a build like yours that can hit multiple time with penetration, free pierce, hudge aoe to get what it deserve: a just balance for what it provide.

"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Spoiler

@EspadaDelPanico
Why are you playing this build if this is so mediocre?
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 21, 2019, 12:45:58 PM
"
lolozori wrote:

@EspadaDelPanico
Why are you playing this build if this is so mediocre?

ive already spend a lot of time and currency testing with Ice nova + Frostbolt , i did 2 frostbolt+Icenova chars this league and it does not meet my expectations, its not mediocre , its ''Normal'' , Making a new character with any pvp broken skill will take too much time , im focus in league challengues now ,so I prefer to use what I already have for pvp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info