Bows suck, right?

I recently rolled a bow-wielding duelist... he's got some decent gear, but he sucks balls. The battlefield stage has walls all over the place, so it's an auto-lose. Also, I used poison arrow with extended duration, and it just generally sucks. Maybe I'm just bad, but has anyone rolled / battled a godly bow duelist?
Current best dueler: SlowAndSteadyFisting
I had a dualist archer that would win most games, even 1x3. I tried several things, but only one thing was truly strong: 3 APS unique bow for explosive arrows, and +2 arrow skills bow for poison arrow. And walls are your friends in this case since you shoot all your explosive arrows to wall and enemy gets damage if he sticks near. Then I used blood magic, since 3+ APS linked explosive arrow uses too much mana. Had 50-100 life regen depending on gear and rejunavation totem. Ofcourse, 1 or 2 bear trap. Otherwise, simply using a bow with high elemental damage does little to no damage (mainly cause reistances reduce it by 75% while physical damage is only reduced by granite flask a bit) compared to unbalanced melee dps.
The main weakness - no block/no traps escaping if you ever get in them (which is rare but possible). Also, if enemy has 75+ fire resist and high life regen + immunity to curses (flamibility or projctile weakness) you do no damage. Rain of arrows with fast bow works very well for destroying traps.
Ofcourse, you can make mixed archer/melee and have viper strike/block/traps escape skills on weapons swap, but if you want to be pure archer in low level pvp, then you should know that you will be crushed by most decent melees.
And GGG is adding many new skills now, so most probably they not gonna start doing anything about pvp untill all of those are introduced cause it will change things so much naturally.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
I thought +2 was impossible?
Current best dueler: SlowAndSteadyFisting
Your main problem with bows is small arenas and no escape skill. So good opponents are going to be very hard to kite as they use the terrain and bear traps to corner you. You can of course have a weapon swap for leapslam or whirling blades, but its still going to slow you down. And it's very hard to find the time to actually turn around and shoot people while kiting, especially when you're chained.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info