Bear trap broken or not?

Arc sometimes is tricky since if enemy is near, it will hit enemy but not a trap (at least I have such experience, or does it chain to trap automaticly after hiting player?).

ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
As far as I've experienced it, I'm very certain that it just chains to nearby traps after hitting the enemy player.
One thing that bugs me about bear trap is just the crazy damage that it can do with very little player investment.

I recently played a very good pvper who could harly hurt me with his spec. Meaning his actual build that he made for his character (gems, passives, weapon) was not inflicting enough damage on me to kill me. So instead of using his build he starts hitting me with bear traps THAT HURT ME FAR MORE THAN HIS WEAPON DID.

I don't see the logic in how a trap should inflict huge amounts of damage where the guys weapon couldn't do much to me at all.
Standard Forever
Ive been pvping a lot lately in the open merciless bracket and would like to give my feedback and some productive tactics that many of the bear trap haters can use to help their survivability. Posting from my phone so Im sorry for typos

The following things can be used to break bear traps (this list is not exhaustive)
Leap slam near the trap
Artic breath explosion
Totem on the trap
Firestorm the trap
Your own bear trap on the trap
Arc anywhere near a trap
Cycloning through the trap
Summons / skeletons wandering over them
Of course, simply knowing where it is and not getting baited

There are many more ways to counter traps but these are the ones i can think of atm

As it stands now, personally my favorite counter is endurance charges as its a flat reduction to dmg that is not crushed like armor by high physical dmg

Ive fought many people using double bear trap and can tank most of them no problem
IGN: Aux

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info