[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I think he's right though.

At level 18/20 divergent is 51% more area of effect and 2% less damage to surrounding targets.

Awakening at level 1 has a lot more area of effect but also a whopping 40% less damage to surrounding targets.

So in short, the area of effect of awakening is superior but the damage of divergent is far superior. You could even leave it on for tougher bosses :)

I agree, but the damage to surrounding targets isn't that impactful in my opinion; as for bosses, I don't think what version of Melee Splash you have matters, since neither has a damage penalty on the main target.

That being said, I haven't tried the Divergent version, so since several people seem to like it, I'm going to get one and try it out. Thanks for the idea! :D

Edit: Another difference is the quality "value"; in general, quality on awakened gems is much stronger than regular gems, and 20% quality on woke Melee Splash is 20% increased AoE, which makes its AoE even larger. Wait & see I guess :)
Last edited by Vatinas on Oct 3, 2020, 7:53:20 AM
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I think he's right though.

At level 18/20 divergent is 51% more area of effect and 2% less damage to surrounding targets.

Awakening at level 1 has a lot more area of effect but also a whopping 40% less damage to surrounding targets.

So in short, the area of effect of awakening is superior but the damage of divergent is far superior. You could even leave it on for tougher bosses :)

I agree, but the damage to surrounding targets isn't that impactful in my opinion; as for bosses, I don't think what version of Melee Splash you have matters, since neither has a damage penalty on the main target.

That being said, I haven't tried the Divergent version, so since several people seem to like it, I'm going to get one and try it out. Thanks for the idea! :D

Edit: Another difference is the quality "value"; in general, quality on awakened gems is much stronger than regular gems, and 20% quality on woke Melee Splash is 20% increased AoE, which makes its AoE even larger. Wait & see I guess :)

Im testing both and Divergent Gem with 23%Q is far superior over Awakened gem. the main AOE component is on both. But differnce before 40%less and 5% more is really huge. Hope for PoB be updated soon see the difference in numbers.
Using this build now and I can say for sure that it is extremely good and tanky. Levelling was awful and it is kind of hard capping res, but soon as you get Arakaali's Fang then your DPS goes through the roof. Highly recommend it :D

Just did level 5 awakener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pX05kVJyA

Yup, it's pretty damn tanky

Full run Pit of the Chimera tier 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIokRpz5mdo
Last edited by epicslaphappy on Oct 3, 2020, 2:41:10 PM
Just tried this build yesterday and I just recently fit all my gears. Question though, where does the "Energised Armour" jewel go? OP doesn't seem to use it somewhere.
"
Just tried this build yesterday and I just recently fit all my gears. Question though, where does the "Energised Armour" jewel go? OP doesn't seem to use it somewhere.

It goes in the jewel socket below where you start off levelling. To the left of The Agnostic keystone.
So, after playing this build to lvl 98 i must say, that i really enjoy it.
For the last few levels i didnt even die. Really the only things that could kill me are heavy bleeds and ignites.

But as others have mentioned i did really struggle in the beginning until i got the Fang dagger.

The Clearspeed is good for the Survivability this build provides. The Summoning of the spiders felt a bit clunky at first, but as i got better gems clearspeed rocketed and i rarely have to resummon them.

Did Sirus A8 today and the only thing that could kill me is the the explosion, where you have to escape from the circles. I even tanked his "Die-Beam". Shaper slam is just a tickle though.

I was lucky to find this chest on the market, the +1 to sockets is a really Huge boost for the Sentinels.

I can really recommend to look out for Increased aura effects on the rings. It is very noticable.
For the other Ring I suggest to look for double resists as implicits, since elemental weakness can still be a problem for this build.

I am now playing around with alternate quality gems. Maybe trying to get a good enchantment on the Helmet.

On the Shapers Gloves i only got 40% increased effect of the Vulnerability.
Do you think, the difference to 48% will be noticable?
"
CharlesOW wrote:
I don't quite get it how to lvl this build? It literally gets almost 0 survivability and dmg from the tree, skills can not carry me even through acts. I got stuck (for the first time in 1.5k hours) at Dominius boss, coz I, as mentioned before, have no dmg and survivability whatsoever. What leveling items should I get? (besides tabula, goldrim and wanderlast)
Build seems to be solid, but if I can't get even to act 9, what's even the point?

I feel you man.. But once u get that dagger, you'll be rocking. Just make sure to get to lvl 53. Also, make sure to use dominating blow on 6 link before using herald of purity (or use HoP with 2-3 links on another piece of gear).
Not sure why but a Sulpher flask really seems to boost the spiders dmg by a ton. Anyone got calculations on that? What do you think Vatinas?
Not sure why but a Sulpher flask really seems to boost the spiders dmg by a ton. Anyone got calculations on that? What do you think Vatinas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info