Designing the Legion Jewels - Part Two

"
The biggest question in the room was really, what makes a keystone? What qualities are desirable and undesirable for a good keystone? My first step was to establish a set of ground rules that keystones should follow.

Keystones should follow the premise of "give something, take something"
Keystones should be "unique", such that they provide something either unobtainable from other sources, or at least very hard to find.
*Keystones should attempt to circumvent the basic rules of the game.
*Keystones should significantly impact the way your character is played or built.
*Keystones should be somewhat self-contained, in the sense that it should "work" without needing a combo of something else incredibly specific. Naturally, *keystones should of course encourage building for them, but it should not be too specific.
Here is your next one. It meets all the criteria you list above.

HeadHunter Light
Can't use Belts
Gain HH on white and yellow maps
Gain HH in any Act
Once placed, this jewel cannot be removed
In Red and unique maps gain 10% move speed, 10% attack speed; 10% global damage; +5% to life
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Jun 20, 2019, 10:06:26 PM
I'll likely never see one of these jewels... given that I'm still working on gathering splinters towards my first emblem. Seems impossible to plan for either. Wouldn't know what to do with one if I found it.
"Of course we wanted the keystone's payoff to be limited to attacks, since blind is not a relevant downside to spellcasters." Yet, it's limited to melee and bow users use attacks.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
"This keystone also barely changed during development, with one of the hardest things being how to describe this effect. It's quite simple to understand if you know the concept behind it, but as a line in the game, it's not so easy. " -If you cant, then just dont. :X
Its still damn confusing and imo it should have the word "while" if i get it right tho its still not clear whats the max bonus we can get - is it up to 10% less damage taken /cuz of 20% max life recovery per sec from life leech/ or more if we stack more /also its not clear if we need just recovery from life leech like Cherrubims armour got or max recovery from leech per sec/.
"This way you'd give up your recovery but instead gain some damage reduction based on your leech. " - and here comes the limitation to like 2 builds who can use it -rest would just be losing from that jewel in terms of investment and profit.
But in general i still think those legion jewels are best for notables.
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
These jewels are one of the pinnacles what PoE can offer when it comes to item design.

A job well done, Hrishi !!!
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
neat
"
60x7 wrote:
Kinda interesting but the whole downside, upside thing is gimmicky

I can't keep all of the GGG notes/gameplay hints straight, but it's a "key" development issue, according to them, that they make them with downsides.

So, yeah bad design.

I liked the first installment of this.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Jun 21, 2019, 10:33:35 AM
For me, I 've never played such an unrevarding endgame. No reason to do those after you got your challenges. Or do I still miss something?
The ideas for these keystones are interesting, but the final result is a failure. Does anyone even use these?

If the jewels themselves had stats they might be alright, but having to give up a jewel slot and a keystone to get a new keystone that is equally good and bad doesn't work.
Nice idea for design but down sides are to strong.
Mirror of Kalandra?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info