Nerf Freeze Boots and Rings for Freeze Skills

Being a freezing pulser myself, I have found it near impossible to beat anyone who has boots/rings with the Mod "Cannot be Frozen".

Now I understand that these were put in place to reduce the effectiveness of freezes but it literally makes Freezing pulse useless. I have not beaten anyone who uses these types of equips EVER. Now I also understand that some people may have had different experiences with freezing pulse/any freezing skill, but the fact of the matter is that although they are effective against newbies, freezing skills are utterly useless against higher level pros. Why is that?

Well the thing is, freezing skills are too easily countered and the degree at which they are countered is simply too high. The main benefit of freezing pulse is that it deals a lot of damage only if the target is frozen. However, with the mods "Cannot be Frozen", freezing pulse deals significantly less damage and becomes nearly useless as a main spell.

I understand that a majority of people feel that Freezing pulse is overpowered and so is freeze, and I do agree. However, if you get boots/rings with the "Cannot be Frozen" mod, you are literally immune to these spells in pvp. All you would need is some curse-flasks and high cold resist and no freezing pulser will EVER beat you.

So what do I suggest? I think that these equips with the mods "cannot be frozen" should be nerfed to a lower rate at which they protect against freeze. This allows freezing pulse's freeze mechanic to still be useful but at a lowered rate AND protects those who are getting pulse'd/freezed as well.

Another solution is to create a gem/skill node that ensures that you "always freeze" or something to cancel the effect of the previously mentioned Mod. But I would feel that any freeze skills would be too OP and this idea may never work.

The final solution that I have come up with is to make the effects of freeze diminish over time instead of completely negating it altogether. Something like "X person freezes for a Y amount less each time they get frozen until the point where freeze becomes completely diminished". I know that may be worded pretty incorrectly but I do hope that some of you get the idea of what I'm trying to say.

So in conclusion, I feel that equips/skills that prevents the mechanic of freezing from working is overpowered and makes any freeze skill utterly useless. Something should be changed either in the way these equips work or either in the way that the freeze mechanic works.

TL;DR : ANTI-FREEZE SHIT IS OVARPOWURED! NURF PLS!!!
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
Last edited by pianokingx3 on Mar 13, 2013, 5:40:27 PM
You understand without Cannot be Frozen you would have some completely lopsided uninteractive matches? I get that's what you want as a freeze pulser, but no one ever want to play against that, it's terrible design. Do note that the Chilled status effect still can happen and is very powerful. People using those items don't do it freely and without cost. It takes up a gear slot the would be used by a much much more impactful item. 69 life, tri res 20ms boots for example, or a ring with 7-11 phy multiple ele damage mods and 69 life.

I would say that for balance purposes the items should stay AND they should add the diminishing effect to freeze much like they did to stun to avoid abuse. Some people will have CBF gear others will not, sounds like you need to adapt your build to not be a one trick pony. If you think there are no viable alternatives for when you face CBF then you haven't delved far enough my friend.

IGN
Lordsidro
What I'm trying to say is that I understand freezing pulse is overpowered with the current freeze mechanics and my point is that it should be remade. Something like "less effective freezes the more you freeze someone". Making freezing pulse's main benefit completely useless isn't the solution in my opinion.
Oh Btw, I'm talking about end-game. Not early-mid game.
If you can't beat people with CBF, that's either a gear disparity or a problem with your build or play.

You have to assume that nobody in pvp can be frozen. FP is good in PvP because of its massive DPS combined with decent defense, strong bear traps, and the ability to use whirling blades and flicker strike.

I say this as someone who has beaten many CBF wearers in PvP as FP.
FP is nuts at high level PvP, what are you talking about... the damage scaling is great and the enemy is chilled the whole time if they try to fight back
Cannot be frozen might suck for a lot of players but its not nearly as bad as being frozen solid constantly.

Being able to freeze any player solid is seriously OP, hence why the ring and boots exist.

Oh and while we are complaining, people using multiple bear traps is flat out broken.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Mar 13, 2013, 11:48:23 PM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
If you can't beat people with CBF, that's either a gear disparity or a problem with your build or play.

You have to assume that nobody in pvp can be frozen. FP is good in PvP because of its massive DPS combined with decent defense, strong bear traps, and the ability to use whirling blades and flicker strike.

I say this as someone who has beaten many CBF wearers in PvP as FP.

Agreed on the frozen part, bear traps however need to be looked at.

"
iamstryker wrote:
Cannot be frozen might suck for a lot of players but its not nearly as bad as being frozen solid constantly.

Being able to freeze any player solid is seriously OP, hence why the ring and boots exist.

Oh and while we are complaining, people using multiple bear traps is flat out broken.

Low life bear trap build = Spam bear traps with over 200 percent increased damage, aswell as damage from gear and support gems. = RIP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info