[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

Finally crafted my new baby... A little bit late but since I have exalteds to spare :)
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
All that's left is Uber Elder

Update: He's dead, I had to make a few adjustments to the build, upgraded to better rares. Thank you everyone for the help
Last edited by 2iq on Aug 24, 2019, 2:14:26 PM
Thank you for this guide. Really amped up my damage a lot. I've been playing the game less than a month and I beat uber elder with only one death; first time fighting him.

Any thoughts on what could be changed passive skill tree-wise to boost up move speed? Ever since I followed your guide and crafted a Maraketh bow + Movespeed Quiver I want more.
New player here, been playing for a few weeks and I would love to try your guide in Blight, if something you use doesn't get nerfed heavely.

Is it possible for you to make this guide a little bit beginner friendly? Adding some notes to the PoB for how to go through the first 10 acts and showing progression for the skill tree, like get these points with your first 25 levels etc.
"
Garou23 wrote:
New player here, been playing for a few weeks and I would love to try your guide in Blight, if something you use doesn't get nerfed heavely.

Is it possible for you to make this guide a little bit beginner friendly? Adding some notes to the PoB for how to go through the first 10 acts and showing progression for the skill tree, like get these points with your first 25 levels etc.

It's unlikely that I'll officially add information to the guide or change the PoB just due to a severe lack of time, but happy to share a few tips for league-starting.

1) Level with Blight from 1 and then swap to Bane at level 24. Around the time you get your third lab done to get Escape Artist, you'll finally have a decent amount of case speed to make contagion/ED feel smoother. Chaos can stack from different sources, so while you're level 1-60 you should keep blight, ED, and bane all as 4-links in your setup. Blight and Bane work well for clearing trash, while you can toss ED onto bosses to help single target.
2) The tree mostly just fills in counterclockwise, so it's pretty straight forward to follow. Basic order of notables (not an all-inclusive list):
- Coordination
- Trickery
- Method to the Madness
- Fangs of the Viper
- Coldhearted Calculation
- Growth and Decay
- Atrophy
- Arcanist's Dominion
- Cruel Preparation
- Corruption
- Quick Recovery
- Discipline and Training

Survival ones like Revenge of the Hunted and Blood Drinker can be slotted in wherever really depending on how you're progressing and if you need more damage or more life at that given moment.
Hope they don't nerf this build too much... I have never had a better time in PoE. Was fun as hell to play: from almost quiting the game after the melee rework fiasco to getting 38 challanges.

Cane of Unraveling is getting a big buff, +2 to ALL chaos gems, that mean all chaos gems you have socketed in your gear (ED, Cont, Malevolence, etc). It will be even better as a start next league.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Since the global gem level changes remove the crafting recipe for +1 to level of socketed chaos gems, could you update what mods we're looking for when multi-modding a bow, if a bow is still an optimal choice? Thanks, guide is excellent!
So far the build got two direct nerfs:

- Ghost Dance: Now grants +3% to chance to evade while you have Energy Shield (from +5%), 2% reduced damage taken per Ghost Shroud (from 3%), and when hit, causes you to lose a Ghost Shroud and recover Energy Shield equal to 4% of your Evasion Rating (from 5%).

- Contagion : No longer gains additional radius as the gem levels (previously gained +4 radius by gem level 20).

Let's see the full new passive tree to get a better idea.

"
frostzor27 wrote:
- Ghost Dance: Now grants +3% to chance to evade while you have Energy Shield (from +5%), 2% reduced damage taken per Ghost Shroud (from 3%), and when hit, causes you to lose a Ghost Shroud and recover Energy Shield equal to 4% of your Evasion Rating (from 5%).

At the same time the patch notes said this:
"
Monster accuracy rating has been reduced game-wide. Players who invest in Evasion will, as a result, be evading monsters at approximately pre-3.7.0 rates.

So I believe the nerf might not have that much of an impact. Without knowing the details, Evasion could be even better this league.
Last edited by golleee on Sep 5, 2019, 5:18:33 AM
duplicate
Last edited by golleee on Sep 5, 2019, 5:18:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info