Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

-talk about builds being destroyed or becoming op without seeing any numbers at all.
-threatening to leave and stop supporting.
-talk about grim dawn as if it was any competition to poe.

Nothing new here.
Repeat after 3 months.
"
It's very simple - there are 10 max 15 people of 500-1000, that agree with the changes, im not at all surprised if they are part of the somewhat dev team, or friends with them , at least online, the rest, meaning like everyone, who plays the game ofc, says that this is a nerf patch, not improvement, everything is terrible, there even 1 dude with a lot of supporter packs bought along the time, laughting at what i said, just cause i joined game in feb this year, althouth ive leveled up in 3 monthts 1 char to lvl 100, he has 15-20 none are over 95, he doesnt even have chalenges+achievements in total more than me....i love these people.

TBH - how do u feel that u conciously lie in front of us all when u say the changes are good. just dont say anything will save u a lot of bad responses...no one likes theese changes...period. they are not improvements to the game.

Sadly US, WE, THE PLAYERS, and mostly SUPPORTERS $$$ of this game, have no power of word here, our vooice is not heard...if it were, then any animation in game of my char would be cancelable with any other action (its 2020)...start from there...up to not destroying existing skills so that new weak ones seem good.

To be perfectly honest this is just a bunch of poorly articulated nonsense, I would suggest you familiarise yourself with the concept of the vocal minority and then review your comment. A good few hundred thousand people play Path of Exile and what you have seen in this comment thread is but a fraction, it by no means proves that everyone who plays the game feels the way you do. Your comments regarding those who disagree with your opinion being members of the dev teams or friends with them is also ridiculous and borderline delusional.
Replacing the scion crit multi nodes with accuracy is a very bad move. All it does is make a weak class weaker.

Instead, why not just swap the existing block or area nodes with multi instead, so that they can be taken with point investment?

This will reduced the impact of unnatural instinct but still allows scion to benefit from the multi if they chose to take it on the other side of the tree.

Or rework the scion ascendency so that the final "path of the" mod gives classes something extra like spell damage, multi, attack damage, attack speed...
Sales/Services/Stuff:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2495490
i like the manifesto
builds were way to strong at this point

lets see what new buils arise
Oh no, once again the balance shifts towards making the game harder. Just really highlights the massive range in player perception of the game.

Players that have plenty of time to spend on the game and investigate enough to abuse all of the best things in the worst ways can feel the game is too easy.

Casual players who just try to make it through the game with minimal time and energy investment though, can barely survive in the endgame.

I was only able to play lvl 75+ map stuff by using things like abyssal jewels and strong ascendancies like Trickster and Occultist. And now that those are being taken away I'm concerned I'll even make it to the endgame, especially considering monster life, damage, and aggression seem to be buffed yet again.

Normal story progression is not that bad. On average I'll die once or twice versus Kitava or Malachai and get through most things deathless, but once you start getting into maps the difficulty ramps up a lot. Especially since endgame introduces more random variables like the Syndicate encounters. Most Syndicate encounters are 10X more rippy than Act bosses.

I know Chris has said many times that he wants POE to be hard and that he and the team enjoy watching rip/fail videos, but dying over and over again and not being able to level up after lvl 80 is no fun.

I think hardcore things should be in hardcore league. Leave standard league for plebs who actually want to play the game but don't have the time and skills to excel at it. In standard league even bad players should be able to make it to red maps. I'm okay with us not being able farm or even to beat the absolute endgame like Elder, Uber Elder, Shaper etc. but we should be able to farm maps at or below our current level just fine.

The past couple of leagues of powercreep slowly made gameplay viable for weak players like me, but if these nerfs make it impossible for me to consistently do yellow maps without dying again, I guess I'll just go back to watching streamers only, which means no playtime, and potentially no purchases.
Wow, that Unnatural Instinct nerf for Scion, well played GGG...

Also ES nerf for Occultist, better played GGG...

But best played is for Heralf of Agony nerf...

You just trashed three of my characters, hope you do not touch Necromancers.
RIP Occultist HoAG. Was super fun while it lasted, kinda-sorta reminded me of playing a Kicksin in Diablo 2 with a strong merc.
Last edited by darkjoy on Jun 4, 2019, 2:05:09 PM
is this game about complex and smart builds or about Headhunter?

stop making op uniques harder to get, just nerf them a little - i thought you're "all about balance". no? targeting jobless nerds that spend 14+ hrs per day playing is not a smart marketing.
GGG announced the new patch/league for beeing a buff for Melee.
Well - alongside with that, there are a lot of Nerfs within casters.
Lmfao - What is the purpose of this SH'T? What the hell? (and dont mean the nerfs to W-Orb and so on). => Buffing one, nerfing it in the next patch. This is so stupid! .....
My InGameName: Aui
Game is just too easy and boring bring more nerfs please. lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info