[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

Awesome guide bro , very pro. TYVM
gamer4life
Why does the Transcendent Flesh Jewel got 2 Ascendencys to boots its dmg? If I change it to a normal Transcendent Flesh I loose around 33% of my dmg or does POB cant calc this two ascendencys right?
Thanks for the build guide, so much fun so far. I haven't hit maps yet and was wondering what you thought about adding the endurance charge on stun to leap slam to generate endurance charges at low level?
"
Wulfenspawn wrote:
Thanks for the build guide, so much fun so far. I haven't hit maps yet and was wondering what you thought about adding the endurance charge on stun to leap slam to generate endurance charges at low level?

It works (on any level actually - mid maps atm myself).

At some point you have to consider whether it's enough, and that will depend on your choice of Guard skill. If you use (Vaal) Molten Shell, it should be enough to sustain high/max ECs. If you use Immortal Call (manually or under a high lvl CWDT), it might not - hence 3 pips in staves to get EC on crit.
Picked up a Devotos Nightmare helm last night which was a humongous improvement. The extra run speed was enough for me to feel comfortable dropping the onslaught gem from my armor without feeling like a turtle, and the attack speed is always welcome with Ahns. The 10% phys reduction seems strong on paper as well. If I'm understanding the game mechanics correctly, this is an additive 10% on top of whatever % reduction I get from armor, correct?

Having ditched onslaught, I gave increased AoE support a try for a 6th gem, but found it underwhelming. Combustion support, on the other hand, felt very strong. Is there a reason this gem isn't mentioned at all in the guide? Multiplicative fire damage + monster resistance reduction sounds like a rather compelling option.
Edit: on further thought, I'm guessing the lack of combustion support has to do with it only scaling fire damage, and the guide recommends using hatred. I'm still using herald of ash due to Mana issues, so maybe a non-issue for me. I'll have to fool around in PoB tonight and see. Any year now my enlighten gem will hit level 3 and I can maybe possibly attempt running hatred. Although the Mana reservation still seems steep.
Last edited by CaptClueless on Jun 18, 2019, 12:28:45 PM
"
CaptClueless wrote:
Picked up a Devotos Nightmare helm last night which was a humongous improvement. The extra run speed was enough for me to feel comfortable dropping the onslaught gem from my armor without feeling like a turtle, and the attack speed is always welcome with Ahns. The 10% phys reduction seems strong on paper as well.

The 10% reduced physical damage is for you so you do less damage because of that.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
What about "Razor of the Seventh Sun" could be another weapon option ?
---
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
CaptClueless wrote:
Picked up a Devotos Nightmare helm last night which was a humongous improvement. The extra run speed was enough for me to feel comfortable dropping the onslaught gem from my armor without feeling like a turtle, and the attack speed is always welcome with Ahns. The 10% phys reduction seems strong on paper as well.

The 10% reduced physical damage is for you so you do less damage because of that.

Well then... That's just great... Thanks for informing me that I'm an idiot. I guess my brain just tacked on the word "taken" at the end of "10% reduced global physical damage". The writing and descriptions for some of the modifiers in this game are absolutely atrocious.
How useful is the mod "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Fire Resists" on a Helmet? I have a helmet with the Tectonic Slam Enchant but I'm curious how beneficial the Fire Res reduction mod is. The build makes use of Elemental Weakness, so I would imagine the reduction in enemy fire resilience is relatively useful.

Build is amazing so far. Crazy damage and I don't feel too squishy most of the time. Legion Rares can be scary when there are multiple but I feel a lot of builds are challenged by that.
Last edited by Suds1029 on Jun 18, 2019, 5:12:48 PM
"
an4x15 wrote:

My opinion:
Maping is fast, map bosses are melting.
Lab easy
Red elder easy
Shaper easy
Guardians are doable, need to know what you doing. I farming T16 i die time to time but mostly from bad plays.

Uber elder - HELL NO! I will try it again soon but not sure it won't be the same as last time. Edit: Confirmed I tried 2 set any hit from shaper or elder will one-shot you, best was the last phase but you need to play perfectly 2 shaper ball, 2 ice spear from elder or just to stand in the degen poodle will rekt you. I tried with kaom's roots, was better without the slow effect, but still, you need to be hell of a player to dodge everything. Dmg is nice you burn the phase down fast max 5sec. But you can't survive.

If you want a boss killer this is not your char. If you want a crazy fast mapper with fun half screen clear. You should start to invest. But I'm telling you till you not switch to foils it will be slow.(Start investment is around 12ex) Other side regrets are cheap,you can respec anytime and the build using general 1h stuff.

If you are having so much trouble getting bursted by mobs, why is your cast when damage taken level 20? It's only protecting you when you're taking ridiculous huge hits, so any instance where you're taking say, 6 1000 damage instances over 0.2s are going to instant-kill you (Legion mobs with auras are constantly putting out this type of burst.)

Considering the quality of your gear, you should probably also have more life on most of your pieces. Your helmet is missing 50 life, your chest could have 100 more life, could gain 20-30 life on boots, and at least 60 more life between your rings. You could probably gain around 500+ life, which might take you out of the true one shot range if you're actually getting killed in one hit.

If you're determined to have max level molten shell, and you're being true one shot by quick elder/shaper attacks, you should try manually casting molten shell. Vaal molten shell with increased duration lasts like 9 seconds, so if you're phasing the bosses in 5 seconds this should be more than enough time to bring them down.
Last edited by BigBlappa on Jun 18, 2019, 5:28:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info