Developer Questions and Answers

With each league adding new layers of content and complexity the game has an increasingly (proportionally) number of bugs and unsolved issues piling up and being "inherited" in the core game. Is there a dedicated (sub)team of developers handling only bugs/patching or everyone does everything in terms of bug fixes and new features?

Many companies opt to split development teams into "sustaining" development (bug fixing/patches) and "new features" development.

A second, somewhat related question: is there any dedicated QA team that is actually testing new leagues content more than a day before launch?
Build Guides and Beginner Tips YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/NavandisGaming
In recent years there were some reappearing controversies about correlation between gaming and violence. How many serial killers do work at GGG?
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Apr 22, 2019, 5:37:39 PM
As a part of the player base who usually play actively for 2-3 weeks and then wraps it up.

Question:
Would you consider alternative game modes besides private leagues (to prevent repetition) such as the previous April's fool game mode, Battle royal?.

Elaboration:
The main reason that I quit after 2-3 weeks every week is either because the content in the league is not progression upwards, expanding beyond Shaper and Uber elder as chase bosses.

(Synth bosses weren't untill they enabled zone modifiers).

Or the fact that a league sometimes is simply shallow like Incursion.

I really enjoy the gameplay of Path of exile, but my chase goals is usually killing certain bosses. (Imagine, MMO Raiding).

And I feel like the many previous content patches has been parallel with the core game rather than expanding further.
Do you guys have any fun stats, such as how many Mirrors of Kalandra have been generated but were never picked up by players?
Has GGG's stance on making in-game trading easier changed at all?

I feel like when I finish the acts in a new league and run my white maps and have trouble sustaining / progressing on the atlas and know I HAVE to trade for them I get really bummed out and I seriously dread it. I end up slowing down a lot and not playing as much as I would like to. The same type of feeling when I need fragments / currency. Manually whispering "players" with no replies for the 100th time and dealing with the hassle of manual trades / bots (whom I've actually become appreciative of) and price fixers. Really makes the game I love a lot less fun.

So the obvious question will there ever be improvements to trade in regards to maps, currency and fragments (scarabs, sac. frags, breach stones etc.)? Something automatic - list for X price, someone buys for X price - easy for players to get what they need when they need it to keep playing the game.

I do think manual trades for rares/uniques with variable mods and rolls is in an okay spot. I, and I assume majority of the community would really appreciate if trading for maps, currency and fragment items would be much easier and quicker.

I do understand there may be a lot of trouble implementing this and it would be a large scale task that there may not be time for in the near future. But if there is even slow progress or even a change of stance just something to make trading better we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by 2kol4u on Apr 22, 2019, 5:41:11 PM
Any considerations into improving the entire UI?

It feels very unfriendly to newer players by having multiple content (delve/bestiary/prophecy/currentleague) to different windows. Also having players alt tab more than they play the game isn't good at all.
Last edited by DrCola on Apr 22, 2019, 5:51:53 PM
Why is there no "dried lake like zone" in the current game?
Do you plan to make another game in future? If so what genre would it be?
What do you think about making board game POE-baesd, or card game?
When the XBox version of the game was released, I asked if there was any intention to bring controller support to the PC version of Path of Exile. I was told that was unlikely to happen due to technical limitations.

Now that you've ported the game to the Playstation, do you have any intention of doing implementing controller support to the PC version? What makes adding controller support difficult/complex? Are there balance implications?

Did your play-test team note anything that felt better or worse when playing with a controller versus KBM?
Hello ... Good night!

At some point will GGG re-focus on the FAQ list of the PoE version for consoles?
Because it has stopped for so long, without even having another team or plans to implement basic things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info