Shadow area became even worse, but hey, no more triangles!

Picture helps identifying issue.

Because these nodes are not connected you now take 1 extra point for normal pathing. This is a buff

These changes man...
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 6, 2019, 9:01:15 AM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2019, 6:09:55 AM
Yeah but the nodes they've added have so much value packed in them, it's kind of insane. I'll trade 1 passive point (if even) for that.
"
Phantom_Omen wrote:
Yeah but the nodes they've added have so much value packed in them, it's kind of insane. I'll trade 1 passive point (if even) for that.

Like? I don't think they are particulary powerful for generic build.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Phantom_Omen wrote:

So, a cluster like lethal assault; (3 nodes) 34% increased damage, 20% increased area of effect and 20% increased proj speed isn't "particularly powerful"?

I don't know man, I'm trying to find an equivalent on the tree and I'm not having much success. For example, if you put 3 points in blast radius, you get 30% increased area damage and 20% increased area of effect...
"
Phantom_Omen wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Phantom_Omen wrote:

So, a cluster like lethal assault; (3 nodes) 34% increased damage, 20% increased area of effect and 20% increased proj speed isn't "particularly powerful"?

I don't know man, I'm trying to find an equivalent on the tree and I'm not having much success. For example, if you put 3 points in blast radius, you get 30% increased area damage and 20% increased area of effect...

Look at this guy's post history and stop wasting time on his threads, cheers.

If he can't do a simple comparison of relative power vs node allocation cost, don't expect to get a thread like this anywhere.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I wish they would buff your brain, maybe you would stop bitching about literally every single change they do in this game.
I believe the complaint is that he has to 'waste' a node after getting all these ridiculously uber-potent Shadow starting nodes on what would have been, in 3.5, a one-point suboptimal pathing choice. Bridges that used to be there aren't there any more and he's figuring the entire Shadow starting area is garbage now because that point is lost if you don't want to pick up either the Blood Drinker life or the new ES leech.

I mean, it's the nittiest pick I can imagine to carp on the forums about, but still. If you're going to debate the ridiculously inconsequential 'nerf' that is 'losing' a point in the tree after those bridges were burned to fuel the Satanic summoning ritual that granted the Shadow some of the best starting nodes available to any class, you should prolly do it right.
"
Phantom_Omen wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Phantom_Omen wrote:

No? Also I clearly said for generic build and generic build is not AOE based and doesn't care about proj speed, so it's just damage you can get elsewhere.

Also you forgot that you take extra point now so it's 4 points for 34% damage, less than 10% damage each...

Sure, it's good for SSF until you get a good jewels or if you build around AOE, but overall it's worse now.
"
Phantom_Omen wrote:

Really? As Niko would say "This is good stuff... packed with energy".
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
If your generic build isn’t using aoe or projectiles, I question what it is using.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info