Whirling Blades Animation Cancel - As Intended or Bug?

I think anyone who has used the skill Whirling Blades has noticed that it works instantly, but that there is quite a bit of lag at the end of the skill where your character is 'recovering'. During this recovery period, you cannot move or use other skills.

Now, something I have noticed is that if you use Whirling Blades and collide with a portion of the map (wall, rock, whatever), the 'recovery' timeperiod is almost completely nullified.

Case in point, on one of the dungeon/prison style PvP arenas, there is an area with 2 walls parallel to each other that is barely narrower than the range on Whirling Blades. If you use Whirling Blades between these two walls, you can almost double the speed at which you can use the skill, since the recovery period gets animation cancelled every single time.

So my question to GGG is, is this behavior with Whirling Blades intended or will it be changed to where animation cancelling is not possible?

To players who use WB a lot, I ask, do you always try to be strategic and WB someone when there is a wall behind them so that you can 'cancel' and react sooner? Or do you just use it anytime you want and only consider the 'cancel' a bonus in certain occasions?
Atack speed reduces that pause after usage of skill + the longer distance you whirle, the longer you have to wait for another whirle.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
Last edited by Ramanuga on Mar 8, 2013, 6:28:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info