[3.6] L0RDIE's Ranged cast on crit Chaos (Toxic Rain w/ CoC Essence Drain/Contagion)

"
RichRamp wrote:
So guys.. im gonna do this build and i have a question...
Occulist or trickster? Who is better?
Any pros and cons?

I'm running occultist this league, after Trickster last league. So far... not much difference. I probably like Trickster a bit more, but I'm still in mid 70s.

I really like the idea of Maloney's Mechanism, but mostly because it is a way to solve some build issues, mainly charge gen. I'm thinking socketing frenzy-cast on crit-assassin's mark in it. Then I can free up my mana and run malevolence with grace.
"
L0RDIE wrote:
"
RichRamp wrote:

I really like the idea of Maloney's Mechanism, but mostly because it is a way to solve some build issues, mainly charge gen. I'm thinking socketing frenzy-cast on crit-assassin's mark in it. Then I can free up my mana and run malevolence with grace.

Ahh thats a good idea, I'll look at trying that when I'm back home. I ended up trying a farruls bite (very nice add to the build) but at the cost of life. Looking at changing a few nodes after looking at your occ toon.

Also what helm buff would boost our dps the most?
Last edited by xxmharmonxx on Mar 12, 2019, 2:34:42 PM
What do you guys think about "Allelopathy" Gloves for the LL Occultist Version? I am considering to get a pair to try them, seems to be best dmg boost for that slot with more AoE and more DoT dmg.

Rare Gloves just do not seem to provide anything usefull besides ES/Res which we can get on other slots, in addition Allelopathy obviously give ES as well so it isn't too bad.
Attack speed is nice on gloves but i doubt we really need to overkill on it. Not gonna lie, Frenzy charge on kill for Elder prefix seems nice as a lazy dmg buff but i think the unique gloves named above provide more...
What do you guys think about "Allelopathy" Gloves for the LL Occultist Version? I am considering to get a pair to try them, seems to be best dmg boost for that slot with more AoE and more DoT dmg.

Rare Gloves just do not seem to provide anything usefull besides ES/Res which we can get on other slots, in addition Allelopathy obviously give ES as well so it isn't too bad.
Attack speed is nice on gloves but i doubt we really need to overkill on it. Not gonna lie, Frenzy charge on kill for Elder prefix seems nice as a lazy dmg buff but i think the unique gloves named above provide more...
I wouldn't think allelopathy adds much. 30$ increased is pretty dull, and we don't use blight for channeling (we "channel" toxic rain if we want to stand still).

Elder gloves can be great for the build. Chaos multi (16% multi is a ton more than 30% increased), frenzy charge on kill, IAS, accuracy, take your pick (with life and res as needed).

edit: just randomly dropped farrul's bite, so I'll be trying it out too. The fur would be nice, but it is way too pricey for me.
Last edited by L0RDIE on Mar 13, 2019, 7:21:53 AM
Where do we stand on Swift Killer? I see some comments saying it's the better way to go, but I can't seem to find a PoB for it. Is Swift Killer definitely the way to go? If so, which skill do I skip, Prolonged Pain or EA?

I'm a bit new to PoE, so thanks for your help and guide.
Is it a great build for league starter. Will it comes up very expensive for end game?
"
SQiDLY wrote:
Where do we stand on Swift Killer? I see some comments saying it's the better way to go, but I can't seem to find a PoB for it. Is Swift Killer definitely the way to go? If so, which skill do I skip, Prolonged Pain or EA?

I'm a bit new to PoE, so thanks for your help and guide.

Imo start with swift killer if you're using quill rain and TA on a 4L, once you get a bow with +1-3 and cast on crit 5-6L then I would specc back to prolonged pain. Swift killer feels good with the charges using quill.

&& yes its fantastic as a league start with a quill rain. Blew through content to maps as the OP said. It will become expensive once you try and make that +3bow with CoC and deal double damage bow. OP I would like to learn how to craft something like that, could you do a video explaining it?
Could you update the 3.6 tree it does not fully show the trickster tree!
Last edited by Pentacodex on Mar 15, 2019, 2:27:06 PM
I saw your video and I noticed that you didn't show the chimera. While the obvious that the build has good map clear, I'm interested to see the build's performance against highly modified shaper and friends and potentially uber elder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info