Community Showcase

GGG, do like Warframe, and have community designed MTX available in shop!!!!!
"
v3rn1n4t3r wrote:

That's actually a good idea.
Except in Warframe it reached the point where user-contributed MTX became so much better than in-game Art Team's ones DE stopped accepting top-tier contributions and now only accept mediocre ones.
"
Iangyratu wrote:
"
luluch wrote:
Thought the new league would be revealed today.

19th

Looks like this current league is going to go for about 3 and 1/2 months this time instead of 3 months. I believe this because usually the new league announcement always comes 1 month before the start of a new league, and the current league started on December 7th... and with the announcement not coming until the 19th, looks like the new league won't start until the 19th of March or later. I'm okay with a 3 and 1/2 month league though....
Last edited by Mentoya on Feb 13, 2019, 11:06:11 PM
When is the announcement of the next league coming out?
🐢
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
Iangyratu wrote:
"
luluch wrote:
Thought the new league would be revealed today.

19th

Looks like this current league is going to go for about 3 and 1/2 months this time instead of 3 months. I believe this because usually the new league announcement always comes 1 month before the start of a new league, and the current league started on December 7th... and with the announcement not coming until the 19th, looks like the new league won't start until the 19th of March or later. I'm okay with a 3 and 1/2 month league though....

This whole process needs to become more transparent. GGG has been working on the next league for a while, of course. By giving the community a better notice window we can provide feedback to help improve the leagues. Of course, if GGG does not care what the community thinks of the league at all, and will just roll out whatever they have been working on for us to 'beta test', than we will continue to get more of the same (some good, some terrible). This process can be improved. The cost of secrecy is not worth.
🐢
Last edited by Koheleth on Feb 14, 2019, 12:17:43 AM
"
Außenseiter wrote:
"
v3rn1n4t3r wrote:

That's actually a good idea.
Except in Warframe it reached the point where user-contributed MTX became so much better than in-game Art Team's ones DE stopped accepting top-tier contributions and now only accept mediocre ones.

And for that reason alone, it seems unlikely Tencent would OK this.

If the top-selling MTXs were user-made (as likely would become the case, given the incredible talent many of PoE's fans have), then people would start screaming even more loudly about GGG's high MTX prices, making them harder to sell.

The net effect of nixing this idea is of course a drop in overall product quality, but expecting GGG to prioritize game quality over profits is naive at best, especially in light of their recent priotization of aggressive content release over proper QA.

This kind of prioritization may have been the case even before Tencent's "investment" [snort]; now it's practically a non-question. All future decisions will be decisively viewed through that profit filter.

(Not trying to hate here; just being realistic. People create businesses for a multitude of reasons, not just profits, but GGG's raison d'etre in 2019 is fairly transparent.)
Wash your hands, Exile!
The single fact that paid specialized stash tabs even exist as opposed to being integral part of default stash is the first and biggest signpost about how POE is business first consumers later.
I'm not hating as well, I love this game, but this is just business now, not a passion project as it was initially.
Last edited by Außenseiter on Feb 14, 2019, 1:10:36 AM
"
Außenseiter wrote:
The single fact that paid specialized stash tabs even exist as opposed to being integral part of default stash is the first and biggest signpost about how POE is business first consumers later.
I'm not hating as well, I love this game, but this is just business now, not a passion project as it was initially.

stash tabs and char slots were the first mtx the game ever had. decorational stuff came much later.

stash and stash enhancements are the solid ground the game is standing on.
all the shiny mtx are given away for free as league and race rewards are thrown after you for tip money with mtx boxes.

of course it's business first, how do you want to longtime employ talented folks with no business plan? as a startup you may get some guys working for free in some basements but after a year they want succeess or look for other job opportunities in more successful companies.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Nice!
Also new league announcement today as written in:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2316759

?
The Last Betrayal is just gorgeous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info