War for the Atlas Supporter Packs End Soon!

Any preview before?
"Creating a payment plan can reserve a supporter pack for you for up to three months after the commencement of your plan. The payment amounts and times are totally flexible, you just have to pre-arrange this with the team before the sale of these supporter packs end."

Unheard of, I love this company.
"
Bojack wrote:
Hi.

I would have bought a supporter pack a while back as the game itself is pritty damn good.

However.

I am a man of principles and i wont buy MTX's in a game that has core game features linked to MTX's.
In POE's case, the Stash system.

If all you had was cosmetics, i would have bought a pack ,up to retail price for the game ,as a sign of support happily.
Alass I cannot financialy support a company that has purposly locked away such a core aspect for an ARPG, the Stash system, behind a MTX paywall that requires close to $75 worth of MTX to unlock fully with all stash tab types and a set of additional normal tabs, for the sake of heavily influencing players into paying into the game.
4 Default tabs per account simply isnt enough to play the game into endgame.

As i said, while i dont like MTX's, i do occasional pay into them in games that are F2P and ONLY have cosmetics in their store, as a sign of support. This however does not describe Path Of Exile.

I do not expect you to change your MTX store, im sure you make more money of the Stash MTX's than u would gain by remvoing them and gaining supporter pack sales from those like myself who hold to such principles and wont pay into the game due to the Stash MTX's.
Buisness it is buisness in the end, regardless of right and wrong.

I always think of this game as a free trial with a purchase price of a currency and map tab plus four to six normal tabs.

After you get your stashes bought then everything else is optional.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
tris2n wrote:
"
GolemCrow wrote:
I have a question. I want to buy a 160$ supporter pack.
As the current packs will end on the 21st this month will we see a preview of the new supporter packs before the current ones end?
Cuz I don't know if I should buy the current 160$ pack or wait for the new packs.
If I could see the new packs before the current ones end it would be great so I would have a greater selection to choose from.

I am in a similar positon.

I suspect we won't see them before hand but would be good to have some feedback, even if it is from a longer term player to let us know if they had a preview of War for the Atlas before it was released and the current one retired?

They never preview the next packs. Usually theres a short gap in between as well. So its now or never unfortunately.

I have friday to decide if I want to upgrade to subjugator... Anyone happy with this pack? Its either this or both league packs and I'm still undecided.
"
auxan wrote:
"
tris2n wrote:
"
GolemCrow wrote:
As the current packs will end on the 21st this month will we see a preview of the new supporter packs before the current ones end?
Cuz I don't know if I should buy the current 160$ pack or wait for the new packs.
If I could see the new packs before the current ones end it would be great so I would have a greater selection to choose from.

I suspect we won't see them before hand but would be good to have some feedback, even if it is from a longer term player to let us know if they had a preview of War for the Atlas before it was released and the current one retired?

They never preview the next packs. Usually theres a short gap in between as well. So its now or never unfortunately.

I have friday to decide if I want to upgrade to subjugator... Anyone happy with this pack? Its either this or both league packs and I'm still undecided.

Well I think I'll wait for the next pack. Just hope they still give a T-Shirt on the new 160$ pack.
Last edited by GolemCrow on Dec 17, 2018, 12:59:40 AM
"
sirgog wrote:
"
Bojack wrote:
Hi.

I would have bought a supporter pack a while back as the game itself is pritty damn good.

However.

I am a man of principles and i wont buy MTX's in a game that has core game features linked to MTX's.
In POE's case, the Stash system.

If all you had was cosmetics, i would have bought a pack ,up to retail price for the game ,as a sign of support happily.
Alass I cannot financialy support a company that has purposly locked away such a core aspect for an ARPG, the Stash system, behind a MTX paywall that requires close to $75 worth of MTX to unlock fully with all stash tab types and a set of additional normal tabs, for the sake of heavily influencing players into paying into the game.
4 Default tabs per account simply isnt enough to play the game into endgame.

As i said, while i dont like MTX's, i do occasional pay into them in games that are F2P and ONLY have cosmetics in their store, as a sign of support. This however does not describe Path Of Exile.

I do not expect you to change your MTX store, im sure you make more money of the Stash MTX's than u would gain by remvoing them and gaining supporter pack sales from those like myself who hold to such principles and wont pay into the game due to the Stash MTX's.
Buisness it is buisness in the end, regardless of right and wrong.

I always think of this game as a free trial with a purchase price of a currency and map tab plus four to six normal tabs.

After you get your stashes bought then everything else is optional.

You know, i could get behind that point of view, if not for the fact the game is advertised as a Free To Play game, and that the Stash MTX's are a recuring microtransaction, by which i mean they can be purchased over and over.
If it were a simple 'pack', like the supporter pack, that perhaps 'enabled' the ability ingame to unlock the full stash system then earn ingame more tabs as needed, insteado f milking peopel for more money over time as they need more and mroe stash space... THEN i could get behind the idea that the '100% free' game is a 'trail'.. But as it is now .. No.
Aaah cant wait. These new packs, better be really really awesome!! 😊😉🤔
RIP my wallet some more. Supporter packs + these mystery boxes :(
"
auxan wrote:
"
tris2n wrote:
"
GolemCrow wrote:

We're on the same boat haha. The cloak looks nice and it could combine with lots of MTX. However the armor in the preview doesn't show the glowing eyes on the chest, but other people have uploaded videos with that armor.
Can't wait to throw some more money at GGG! Been waiting for new packs way too long now!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info