Question on Unbound Ailments

Does anybody know how increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments on Enemies affect freeze?
Last bumped on Oct 28, 2018, 3:45:22 PM
I believe it applies to the duration it lasts for (as the magnitude of freeze = its duration)
Thanks for the reply, that was my thought too. I couldnt find clear answers on google.
Was unsure, because freeze is 100% slow, therefore increased effectiveness could be rendered useless.
Last edited by ProHacker on Oct 25, 2018, 4:27:49 PM
Its probably considered useless for freeze because you can increase the effect on freeze by putting another gem that increases damage in there.

So you can have 30% effect of freeze from gem, or you can do 30% more cold damage and achieve the same effect, you might have some special gem setup i'm not thinking of but I can't remember ever seeing someone use it for anything outside of a DoT build.
Well, Unbound Ailments gives 54% increased duration at 20/20 which is proven to increase the freeze duration and lowers the threshold damage. Additionaly, it gives 30% increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments on Enemies.
What is defined as non-damaging ailments?
Freeze, chill and shock are non-damaging ailments.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
To be precise, I'm fairly certain that freeze effect doesn't exist. The duration mod considerably lowers the threshold, but the increased effect has no influence on freeze. I have never seen any indication of an effect mod applying to duration elsewhere.
I agree. However, could it be possible that increased effectiveness doesn't increase the duration but lowers threshold for the freeze to apply? I also have never seen the mod " freeze effectiveness" before. It would be pretty lame if "increased effectiveness of non dmg Ailments" only affects chill and shock
Last edited by ProHacker on Oct 27, 2018, 4:26:23 AM
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Freeze
Freeze duration lowers the threshold, freeze effect doesn't exist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info