[3.4] The Tempest Cold/Lightning Deadeye Rain Of Arrows

"
Educmack wrote:
"
Fitnick wrote:
By the way, I'm 63 now, having some issues with the cruel labirinth boss, any tips? Should I just w8 some more lvls?

Regardless of the Ascendancy that you chose before in your previous labyrinths, what's your problem facing Izaro? Remember that I hit Blood Aqueducts and run it several times until I hit lvl 75 before facing Kitava for the second Time, even before facing Izaro on Labyrinths. Maybe you need more lvls.
After Blood Aqueducts, I did Cruel Lab to get my third Ascendancy point. One thing that you may check is poelab.com, a site where you can find info about the labyrinth route and how dangerous Izaro will be: if he has Idols that gives him elemental damage/attack and cast speed, Lieutenants that cats reflect auras, that sort of staff. You need some move mechanics to avoid his attacks, for example, if Izaro on your current lab has sword and shield or dual sword (I guess that is the most dangerous form), you may note that he executes a wave attack that deals heavy damage, you need to be quick and avoid it blinking away with Blink Arrow. Or if he is wearing a mace, he does a powerful slam or a leap slam, both dealing great damage. You don't want to tank him face to face, you need to battle against him with ranged attacks. Use Decoy Totem to make him taunt the totem and gain some time to attack him and deal some damage. Maybe you are running out of flasks charges to save your life, look for that too, is important. You don't want your flasks empty. Watch some videos too, on Youtube you'll find plenty of content about PoE and what you have to do to face some of the dangerous bosses in the game.

I think I really need more lvls, I never had any issues until now, but I'm dealing low dmg on him and taking a lot (1-2 hits kill me), I'll try again in lvl 75.
By the way, I didn't found any way to generate ECs for the IC in the build, and you also don't use Increased duration, I am missing something? .4secs are enough to do anything? Ty and sorry for being noob lol
"
Fitnick wrote:
"
Educmack wrote:
"
Fitnick wrote:
By the way, I'm 63 now, having some issues with the cruel labirinth boss, any tips? Should I just w8 some more lvls?

Regardless of the Ascendancy that you chose before in your previous labyrinths, what's your problem facing Izaro? Remember that I hit Blood Aqueducts and run it several times until I hit lvl 75 before facing Kitava for the second Time, even before facing Izaro on Labyrinths. Maybe you need more lvls.
After Blood Aqueducts, I did Cruel Lab to get my third Ascendancy point. One thing that you may check is poelab.com, a site where you can find info about the labyrinth route and how dangerous Izaro will be: if he has Idols that gives him elemental damage/attack and cast speed, Lieutenants that cats reflect auras, that sort of staff. You need some move mechanics to avoid his attacks, for example, if Izaro on your current lab has sword and shield or dual sword (I guess that is the most dangerous form), you may note that he executes a wave attack that deals heavy damage, you need to be quick and avoid it blinking away with Blink Arrow. Or if he is wearing a mace, he does a powerful slam or a leap slam, both dealing great damage. You don't want to tank him face to face, you need to battle against him with ranged attacks. Use Decoy Totem to make him taunt the totem and gain some time to attack him and deal some damage. Maybe you are running out of flasks charges to save your life, look for that too, is important. You don't want your flasks empty. Watch some videos too, on Youtube you'll find plenty of content about PoE and what you have to do to face some of the dangerous bosses in the game.

I think I really need more lvls, I never had any issues until now, but I'm dealing low dmg on him and taking a lot (1-2 hits kill me), I'll try again in lvl 75.
By the way, I didn't found any way to generate ECs for the IC in the build, and you also don't use Increased duration, I am missing something? .4secs are enough to do anything? Ty and sorry for being noob lol

Don't hesitate in dropping some DPS nodes to get more life, Izaro's attacks are very powerful and maybe you are lacking in life too as well. Even I that I'm currently 5.3K of life find Izaro's attacks scary and powerful enough to take more than 3K of my life in just hit.
Remember to quality your gems, is really important to do it so to scale in damage. Check my last pastebin that I posted here. Abbys jewels are another way to scale in damage. You don't strictly need that type of jewels that I'm wearing at the moment, most of them have T1/T2 life/light/cold damage or triple damage affixes, and you need jewels with ilvl above 80 to ensure that you hit those affixes if you can crat them by yourself. But if you can find some jewels that have nice damage (even with T3 Lightning damage and some life is great) you'll start seeing the DPS. You can invest on better jewels after you make some more currency.
On the other hand about the IC setup, I don't use Increased Duration because I have linked it on a Tombfist, so I'm missing a link/socket to get more life/damage with the abbys jewels. Also, I'm not using any resource to generate Endurance Charges because I use Projectile Weakness as the additional curse on my CwDT setup, you can replace the curse with Increased Duration or Warlord's Mark as curse to generate Endurance Charges.
If you find not comfortable using Tombfists because of the missing socket, just wear rare gloves with life, resistances and flat lightning damage and build an IC setup (or make the setup wherever you want on your gear) with Increased Duration linked on it and replace Projectile Weakness for Warlord's Mark to generate Endurance Charges and you'll be ok. Just make sure that CwDT, IC and Warlord's Mark are low levels and the damage threshold is enough to trigger IC and you'll survive.
If you need something don't hesitate to send me PM in game or here. Good luck :)
Last edited by Educmack on Nov 5, 2018, 8:56:08 AM
"
Educmack wrote:

Don't hesitate in dropping some DPS nodes to get more life, Izaro's attacks are very powerful and maybe you are lacking in life too as well. Even I that I'm currently 5.3K of life find Izaro's attacks scary and powerful enough to take more than 3K of my life in just hit.
Remember to quality your gems, is really important to do it so to scale in damage. Check my last pastebin that I posted here. Abbys jewels are another way to scale in damage. You don't strictly need that type of jewels that I'm wearing at the moment, most of them have T1/T2 life/light/cold damage or triple damage affixes, and you need jewels with ilvl above 80 to ensure that you hit those affixes if you can crat them by yourself. But if you can find some jewels that have nice damage (even with T3 Lightning damage and some life is great) you'll start seeing the DPS. You can invest on better jewels after you make some more currency.
On the other hand about the IC setup, I don't use Increased Duration because I have linked it on a Tombfist, so I'm missing a link/socket to get more life/damage with the abbys jewels. Also, I'm not using any resource to generate Endurance Charges because I use Projectile Weakness as the additional curse on my CwDT setup, you can replace the curse with Increased Duration or Warlord's Mark as curse to generate Endurance Charges.
If you find not comfortable using Tombfists because of the missing socket, just wear rare gloves with life, resistances and flat lightning damage and build an IC setup (or make the setup wherever you want on your gear) with Increased Duration linked on it and replace Projectile Weakness for Warlord's Mark to generate Endurance Charges and you'll be ok. Just make sure that CwDT, IC and Warlord's Mark are low levels and the damage threshold is enough to trigger IC and you'll survive.
If you need something don't hesitate to send me PM in game or here. Good luck :)

Great, thanks!
Hi. is there anyone that can help me play this build? or like teach me how to play it? a lot of my skills say unusable is that normal? the only skills I can activate is rain of arrows/Totem and projectile weakness
"
Woofty wrote:
Hi. is there anyone that can help me play this build? or like teach me how to play it? a lot of my skills say unusable is that normal? the only skills I can activate is rain of arrows/Totem and projectile weakness

Do you have any POB link to see what is the gear you are wearing? I guess the main problem is that you don't have the required stats to use your skills.
"
Educmack wrote:
"
Woofty wrote:

Do you have any POB link to see what is the gear you are wearing? I guess the main problem is that you don't have the required stats to use your skills.

Thank for responding.
https://pastebin.com/eUrb30H2 There is my build.
I don't know if I am doing something wrong. Or If I am just not the smartest cookie xD Thank you again.
"
Woofty wrote:

Thank for responding.
https://pastebin.com/eUrb30H2 There is my build.
I don't know if I am doing something wrong. Or If I am just not the smartest cookie xD Thank you again.

First, your resistances are null xD you'll need to fix that first. You are lvl 60 at the moment and you don't have resistances at all, that's quite bad. At lvl 60 you need your resistances almost overcapped not by far, but you need to compensate for the downside after the first encounter with Kitava and before the second encounter. And also after that you'll need to rearrange your resistances upgrading your gear. I don't see anything wrong with your skills, they seem to be able for use.
On the other hand, your skill tree is not effective. It's ok if you want to do something different about those skill trees that I showed in my post, I showed up something that serves as a guide for players that want to play my build.
Those "Master Fletcher" and "Avatar Of The Hunt" nodes will be useful if you are doing a DoT build with physical bows and stacking physical damage somewhere else. Those nodes won't be useful for you because you are wearing The Tempest that has no physical damage at all.
I don't know if you took those 2 passive points or if you helped Alira on your way, but I changed your tree a little bit for this:
https://pastebin.com/UJs0WB8s

More life, more damage and took Way Of the Poacher as the first Ascendancy notable. I will recommend you taking Way Of The Poacher, then Avatar Of The Slaughter through Normal/Cruel labs: +1 Frenzy Charges, more Frenzy Charge duration, more attack/cast/movement speed per Frenzy Charge. Then you can take Quartz Infusion -> Avatar Of The Veil on your Merciless/Uber labs: +40% elemental damage, elemental immunity while Phasings which is almost all the time cuz you are at your maximum number of Frenzy Charges all the time.

PM if you need something or post here whatever you need.
So, can you be more specific about progresisng with this build, I mean if you did this as league starter, how much time it took you to progress through the atlas? How was single target and clearspeed in general?

"
imbafromNorth wrote:
So, can you be more specific about progresisng with this build, I mean if you did this as league starter, how much time it took you to progress through the atlas? How was single target and clearspeed in general?

About progressing during your play I was specific, I guess. I took my time to make those skill trees that I showed before. If that is not as much specific as you think, then I don't know what are you going into.

About the time that took me to get into maps, I can't quantify it because I play whenever I can. So, it could be very relative to everyone. If you are fully into the game, I guess you'll be ready for maps in a couple of hours and clearing the atlas it will depend on your luck of drops and how fast you can complete it. For example, I was clearing t8-t9 after 2-3 weeks of playing the game. And after a month or so I had my 6L and getting my first red maps. So, it will depend exclusively on you and how aware you are about what do you have to do to maintain your progression. Remember that there is stuff that I can't relate here because it is specific to me but not for everyone.

Single target during missions was not that great but good enough to face bosses. You don't need to be so geared up to make through the main story. I don't remember what was my tooltip DPS of my main skill before red maps but I guess it was about 60-70K DPS with flasks up.

About clear speed, I said that I was able to clear T15 maps without problems, even face Elder Guardian (normal ones, not red ones). I did normal Atziri and a single Shaper Guardian (in this case the Guardian of the Phoenix, was the easiest one. I tried the other ones using Orb Of Horizons over Forge of the Phoenix maps that I had but I wasn't lucky enough, they are really tough.). After I changed my gear a little bit I was able to do red Elder Guardians and failed to do Red Elder, but was able to do normal Elder with a couple of deaths because I have to learn how to face against him yet.

You can't be super specific in some things because, in this case, it is attached to my specific situation.

I hope you are doing well and remember that is not my point to go against you, just trying to clarify some things that I can't do for reasons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info