Question about a file called content.ggpk

Hello guys, i have a doubt:

I have POE on steam, for be more precise in my hybrid ssd. I checked the folders and in the FOLDER DOWNLOADS there is another folder called 238960 (the id of poe in steam) and in this folder there is a only unique file called:

content.ggpk with date of June 23th 2018.

Is useful or useless?

Actually i can play with total normally, but this content.ggpk is using 4gb, and space in a ssd is valuous.

Can anyone give me a answer please?
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2018, 7:45:59 PM
1st of all dont modify anything in contents.ggpk and yes contents.ggpk is essential to run poe because it has everything which is needed for the game
even if the file is in the "downloading" folder and not in the main folder? ~btw i can't open a ggpk type of file.
There might be a copy of that file in somewhere in your steam folder.
You can delete the content.ggpk file to free up the 4gb... it's quite certainly not the file the game uses, which is around twice as big.
If it for some reason WAS the file the game uses (can't imagine how that could be), all that'll happen is that steam has to download the file again.
So if your internet is reasonably fast and your traffic is not limited/ has a high limit, just remove the file.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
it doesnt matter if its in the downloading folder or main folder just dont disturb it and can you be more specific on what pbolblme you are facing?
im not facing any problems, im just asking for free some space, but seems to be risky delete that file D:
"
toutlavie92 wrote:
im not facing any problems, im just asking for free some space, but seems to be risky delete that file D:

If you do Steam would just redownload it and whatever else is necessary. I'd leave anything in the game folder alone
Might just be a temp for downloading... try a clean up which removed unused download files.
"
toutlavie92 wrote:

It's not at all risky.
If you want write to support, they'll confirm that in case of deleting the actual content.ggpk file a new one will be downloaded by the launcher.
That's the only risk - that you'll end up with a ~8GB download.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
i think steam automatically keeps makes a backup copy of the resource file. if you delete it, it will be recreated. it deletes it after a successful update.

if you want to use less space you can use the standalone client, it just has one content.ggpk and you're responsible to back it up from time to time.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 20, 2018, 5:21:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info