[3.2] Fast Leveling Guide

So we just walk from zone to zone, from quest to quest? WTF, everyone can check quests and rewards or read in top right corner which is optional and which not, GGG took care of that.
By fast leveling guide i understand to share info where and when to actually farm exp and/or how much we need to fight in areas on the way for x quest cuz if we just run we will lack exp and damage this way for the boss or even magic mobs, but if we fight every pack we see, it wont be fast leveling but something like 10-15 hours minimum. And/or also how/where/when to get/upgrade gears to save time too.
For example i try to pop quicksilver flask when i got charges but when i see like 10-15 monsters at once i like to kill them and run again until next sweet pack but turns out i lose like 1 hour per act /if not more/ and im tired to play after 3 hours and on top of that i lose time to upgrade my gears on levels around 30 and 50 and 66 -where usually i need to stack resists, get 4L, get unique maybe too...
Else for fast leveling we can say also: find a party and make it private if guys are good.
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
"
canilaz_ wrote:
So we just walk from zone to zone, from quest to quest? WTF, everyone can check quests and rewards or read in top right corner which is optional and which not, GGG took care of that.
By fast leveling guide i understand to share info where and when to actually farm exp and/or how much we need to fight in areas on the way for x quest cuz if we just run we will lack exp and damage this way for the boss or even magic mobs, but if we fight every pack we see, it wont be fast leveling but something like 10-15 hours minimum. And/or also how/where/when to get/upgrade gears to save time too.
For example i try to pop quicksilver flask when i got charges but when i see like 10-15 monsters at once i like to kill them and run again until next sweet pack but turns out i lose like 1 hour per act /if not more/ and im tired to play after 3 hours and on top of that i lose time to upgrade my gears on levels around 30 and 50 and 66 -where usually i need to stack resists, get 4L, get unique maybe too...
Else for fast leveling we can say also: find a party and make it private if guys are good.

The idea of this guide is to tell you which quests are necessary for proceeding in the acts and getting skill points. Then we have quests that's optional, they only give items, flasks or respec points. The idea is also to have understanding of what you need to do in every area. If you just read the quest from the game you will have no clue if you need to do this or not. Also you will have to back to town much more often to update the quest lines.

Regarding farming, that's impossible to say, some areas are better then others to farm in but this depends on your own proceeding. If you are under-leveled you will of course have a harder time killing mobs. Find a good farming spot with lots of mobs and start leveling up to the same level. I usually just run past everything until I find magic or rare mobs or if my quicksilver flasks run empty.

Regarding which items you should use, that's totally depending on your build. There is a TON of guides out there explaining how you should level your character depending on build.
SWOG
Last edited by jeipei89 on Mar 7, 2018, 8:13:50 AM
Thank you for updating this guide.

There is one problem though compared to the 3.0 guide. The optional things are not listed within the normal act guide. This means if you want to do the campaign following this guide and also do the labs and get the optional passive points you basically have to remember when there are optional stuff in an area or remember to keep looking when you should do them. This wasn't a problem in the old guide.

This is why I wish the optional stuff was interleaved with the normal act guide. Otherwise this is a great guide.
"
Syneh wrote:
Thank you for updating this guide.

There is one problem though compared to the 3.0 guide. The optional things are not listed within the normal act guide. This means if you want to do the campaign following this guide and also do the labs and get the optional passive points you basically have to remember when there are optional stuff in an area or remember to keep looking when you should do them. This wasn't a problem in the old guide.

This is why I wish the optional stuff was interleaved with the normal act guide. Otherwise this is a great guide.

The optional quest doesn't get you passive skill points, they get you items, flasks and respec points. Things you don't really need for fast leveling. If it is your first character, sure you will need to do some optional quests to get quicksilver flasks and such, but that's not related to fast leveling.

I will consider moving the optional quests up from the bottom of the acts they are in, maybe that will make it easier.
SWOG
Hi friend, thanks for the guide!

According to the wiki there is a skill point that you haven't included, act 10. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vilenta%27s_Vengeance
"
trebs wrote:
Hi friend, thanks for the guide!

According to the wiki there is a skill point that you haven't included, act 10. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vilenta%27s_Vengeance

Thanks for the input. As I quoted in the beginning of this guide, I will update this as soon as I got the time. Probably today or tomorrow.
SWOG
Dialla won't give you the Infernal Talc until you complete The Ribbon Spool for her.
FYI the Act 8 instruction:

< Complete "Essence of the Hag" (Hargan)

The reward is only a rare ring

Also, it's probably worth picking up the "Love is Dead" quest from Clarissa. I spent a lot of time backtracking in The Quay because I couldn't find the Ankh of Eternity. Once you get the quest, it appears as an exclamation mark on the map.
Last edited by Boggyden on May 10, 2018, 3:56:43 AM
I think the my only problem with this guide is that you don't specify which quests actually give the passive points, but you do state how many you get from the act so it's still helpful. Excellent work!
You forgot ACT 10, Viletta's Vengeance. It gave a skill points too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info