[3.8] Tanky Aurabot - a combined Guide

What would you advise to change if I would like to play your build solo only?
mt~ read below
Last edited by GGz0r on Mar 6, 2018, 7:13:12 AM
"
MystikGalaxy wrote:
"
GGz0r wrote:
Hi Karunga!

I've been using this build and its great!

Note to anybody who may be struggling with this build you really really need to get Chaos Resist. I was falling over dead non stop until I said F-IT and capped out my Chaos Resist now I havent died even in T13 maps for about 6 full levels. Chaos will kill you before you can blink I'd urge everybody to get Belt-Ring-Ring-Gloves-Boots with 20+ Chaos I consider it mandatory versus the other resists, also you are running so many resists in this setup your team should be able to pick up a purity for you to aid you in capping, though its not necessary im self capped basically.

So should we look out for items that have just chaos res or high chaos and some other? Also about your EE post afterwards, I'm gonna be new to support and your notice of how you have to manually use EE is confusing. you mean when you use like ball lightning so they are +25 lighting? (Explain EE basically)

I'd suggest higher priority on Chaos Resist. You have to get from -60 Chaos resist to +60 chaos resist to make your life not instantly go to 0 when hit with chaos shots from common mobs. To do this you have 6 open slots (Belt, Boots,Gloves,Amulet, Ring x2) That works out to 20 per piece(reasonably doable but the pieces can be scarce).

Your Elemental resists, the Prism Guardian Shield gives 37, the tree at level 75 has +16 to all resist and by 82 it has 24. For a total of 61 to all resists, now you run into Ele damage a lot more but basically you would be needing at the least 74 resists from 6 pieces and you could do the following strategy assuming you had the ability with your Elreon you could put +7-10% Ele Resists on Rings+Ammy, then you could put 20 of each with the Haku Bench on the 3 other pieces sitting you at needing 33 at the most resist of each element from 6 pieces of gear. Which is just a good roll on most items.

So as you can see the Chaos needs to be focused a lot more to achieve good results.

- Yes when you can a spell say Ball Lightning that turns all the mobs +25 lightning. The problem is you can run all your damage auras or it messes with elemental equilibrium, i have to turn off wrath in my group because of Ele Equilibrium and messing up the casters.

If you are playing with a group that clears decently well you won't have time to cast much of spells, I just do the following every time we move up. - Shield charge semi close, Warcry for Endurance charges - Rejuv Totem in the pack a little bit, everything is dead. Snag loots, move on. At the same time I don't use Fortify like Korunga suggests, getting close in the thick of it currently with 5200 ES + 1400 Life can feel very risky, some of the stuff @ Tier 13+ can nearly one shot me. I had a Frost Nova from a box kill me from full earlier.

He is probably right to use Fortify though, I just feel a bit to nervous getting upfront in my group due to the ground effects we run.
"
henryk5pioo wrote:
What would you advise to change if I would like to play your build solo only?

This isn't a solo build, I used Zombies and Skeletons to level with and it was horrible, a guy who started 4 hours after me caught me before the end of act 3 on launch day.

Don't play this build solo, go find a Necro build if you want to buff up stuff you will just be wasting your time and effort running this solo.
"
MystikGalaxy wrote:
I'm confused on what items to follow, Do I follow the list skills or whats on the items? Just need a confirmation. Also how is the dps as in can i protect myself, not really go ham 1 tap? Maybe also how would i be generating the endurance charges to manage three skills? Its the worsst time to be looking up builds so sorry if its in the build and im being blind

The dps is terrible, this is not an "attacking" build at all. It takes me about 15 seconds to kill Vorici quest mobs from dailies that are 25 levels below me.
Hey just to tell who want to level solo , its really good and easy to level as dual flame/flameblast totem with this build cs the totem nodes are really close to our tree .
Solo? Absolutely not. If you can't find some one to level with then the odds are you don't need to run this build to be blunt. The entire concept of this build is to buff your party members, and to be honest you don't have much socket room for anything that could even be close to a damaging skill endgame.

If you're confused with gear once you really boil it down it's simple: If you're just starting out you can run purity of elements until you cap your resists, but chaos resistance on your gear is a must. To drop purity of elements you'll need to cap your own resistances, and then you can run all 3 purity auras for your party.

On most endgame gear you'll want:
ES
Chaos Resistance
Insert elemental resistances to cap yourself

That's about it you don't need much else. Also do yourself a favor and get Coruscating Elixir if you can then you can spam it while you zoom zoom through maps with your party.
Do you still suggest taking necro ascend? In game necro is way different than the one in the skill tree in the guide. I was thinking maybe going down to champion for taunting instead.
Last edited by messymike on Mar 6, 2018, 7:45:44 PM
"
messymike wrote:
Do you still suggest taking necro ascend? In game necro is way different than the one in the skill tree in the guide. I was thinking maybe going down to champion for taunting instead.

yes, ESSENTIAL. The attack speed is REQUIRED otherwise you will feel (and be) VERY, VERY SLUGGISH & SLOW!
I am emotionally & mentally drained through the sharking waters.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Mar 6, 2018, 9:21:29 PM
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
messymike wrote:

yes, ESSENTIAL.

Absolutely agree! The buffs on yourself and your allies from necro seem small but it adds up! Do not ignore this ascendancy!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info