[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
mccready wrote:
Ohh right, thanks for the heads up. Feels kinda weird, one would expect that jewel slots are worth more than most regular nodes.
How much they're worth depends on how much money you have to spend on them.

Points from the tree are free, and in recent patches a lot of strong options was added while several types of jewels got nerfed.

There are some builds that heavily rely on jewel-stacking, this is luckily not one of them, which makes is more approachable on a smaller budget.

I would probably save for a good watcher's eye, but as a last purchase overall, after you upgrade everything else.
I'm back. Currently messing around with
and enjoying the fun little buffs it gives. Grouping lets me give them the shrine buffs too. I'm currently lvl 89 and still no deaths. Super fun build. I've done some wild stuff already. Still 5L on my bow but rocking like 165-170k tooltip resting in hideout.
Delirium IGN: Language
Small showcase of T6 blighted map.

This is mostly to show how good towers can be with right placement and some luck with elements. I did have bonuses from oils, but i don't think it would change much. They also tremendously help damaging bosses who do have quite a lot of hp.

As i mentioned before, Arc towers are just stupidly strong for any situation and my main firepower. Besides that i try make a good mix of all towers in case some are immune to certain type.

Now some discoveries regarding ring enchantments, but before i REALLY recommend checking out this annointment browser. It's an amazing tool and simple to use.

Ring enchantment rambling
Freezebolt tower is quite awful by itself since it's damage is good but has only 3 projectiles, making it unreliable. Ring enchantment however adds 2 additional projectiles, making the tower... possibly usable. Fireball tower has similar enchant and it also can drastically increase it's usability.

Chilling tower has annointment that freezes enemies for 0.2 sec if they're affecter by the tower. I'm unsure how it works, but it possibly makes monsters frozen for the entire duration of the tower beam. That would be INCREDIBLY strong tool.

Seismic tower upgrades are pretty good in general. Then again, these tower are great until you hit "monsters cannot be stunned" map mod. Then they have no damage and no utility.

Shock tower enchants also seem be reasonably good. I like them a lot, but is there a reason to not upgrade them to Arc / Lightning Storm towers?

Glacial Cage and Stone Gaze towers have increased cooldown recovery speed enchants. That means with enough stacking there's a possibility of permanently prevent monsters from moving.

As for empowering tower branch, i'm unsure how they work since there's no real info on what stats they give in the first place. I'll try to make some tests later on.

This is it from the most interesting ones. I can't really test the annointments myself in SSF since the oils are quite limited.

Other than that, i nearly completed the atlas and collected all memory fragments. Next step would be getting elder orb to farm a good T16 map of my choice. This time i think i'll settle on Desert Springs. Bad sextant location, but i hope density will make it easy to sustain.

If anything, i'm not doing any more blighted maps until the next patch. GGG promised some general improvements.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 15, 2019, 10:35:04 AM
Very well written and layed out guide. Hats off!

Also always happy to see other HC SSF masochistic friends ;).

I do not quite get one thing baout the guide, maybe i'm missing something: Why the Freeze immunity flask? Is there a certain kind of freeze in the game, that's not covered by Raiders Ele Ailment Immunity?

edit: also where did you farm imperial legacy? (i assume you did as youre using a 6L imperial), in vastiri desert patiently or did you farm it in maps? if the latter, what did you use up until then?
Last edited by FreddyRamsone on Sep 17, 2019, 5:43:35 AM
Empowering tower - it buffs the towers inside it's aura range, but what does it do exactly? Do additional levels only increase range or also it's power?

These are the questions i asked myself 2 days ago. I went ahead and tested it's effect on the towers. It supposed to be a small test, but as usual it escalated quickly. I collected data on every single tower, base and for each empowering tower level. I'll prolly make a new thread/guide on forums and share it to reddit afterwards. I can give a quick TL;DR:

Empowering tower effect varies from tower to tower, and additional levels increase it's strength as well. In many cases it more than doubles the effectives of the affected turrets. There's no excuse to not use it. Level IV aura towers no longer affect other towers, but only you/enemies.

"
FreddyRamsone wrote:
Spoiler
Very well written and layed out guide. Hats off!

Also always happy to see other HC SSF masochistic friends ;).

I do not quite get one thing baout the guide, maybe i'm missing something: Why the Freeze immunity flask? Is there a certain kind of freeze in the game, that's not covered by Raiders Ele Ailment Immunity?

edit: also where did you farm imperial legacy? (i assume you did as youre using a 6L imperial), in vastiri desert patiently or did you farm it in maps? if the latter, what did you use up until then?

Let's assume a situation - you load into the map and the first thing you do is see the strongbox. You open it without IDing as usual and it's freezes you... while you didn't prefire CA to kill the mobs that spawn in order to gain onslaught -> phasing -> ele ailment immunity. The strongbox also casts Ice Nova. You are dead.

This actually happened to me before, except the nova and death part. I don't list freeze immunity as a must, but you should have it before you get complete uber lab.

Farming Vastiri Desert/Oasis/Foothills is an option, but that takes way too long and doesn't give you much XP or loot or nearly as much master missions. I still farm there until ~70 instead of blood acqueducts to farm the card.

To farm Imperial Legacy card this league, complete all T1 and T2 maps, have Desert as the only T3 completed and keep completing everything T4+ as you would do normally. As you progress you will drop a lot of Deserts, allowing to farm the card within few hours once you have big enough pool.

You should still complete that one T3 shaper influenced map to progress the questline, afterwards you can uncomplete it with item you get by vendoring 3 white sextants + 1 scouring orb.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 17, 2019, 8:38:11 AM
Lvl 83 here , think it is the cheapest build i ever played. At least until now.

Thanks op for the detailed teorycrafting .
"
DankawSL wrote:
Let's assume a situation - you load into the map and the first thing you do is see the strongbox. You open it without IDing as usual and it's freezes you... while you didn't prefire CA to kill the mobs that spawn in order to gain onslaught -> phasing -> ele ailment immunity. The strongbox also casts Ice Nova. You are dead.
Theoretical question, does Quartz Flask give you elemental ailment immunity in that case?
"
Viktranka wrote:
Theoretical question, does Quartz Flask give you elemental ailment immunity in that case?

If you have allocated Avatar of the Veil then yes. Avatar of the Veil gives "Immune to Elemental Ailments while Phasing".
Quick question: I'm trying to calculate the actual cost of the bow. Once you have your +3 on it, do you just slam chromatics to get the right socket colors?

Also, does 10 crafting attempts remain a fair guesstimation in your experience?

So far I end up at about 145c before chromatics and crafting fees, while sticking to the cheapest bow base (i.e. not 4% movement speed).

A couple of days ago I saw the exact bow I need for 1,5c but unfortunately I didn't have the money to buy it out.
I'm lvl 98 and I'm thinking of maybe switching over and trying the classic build for faster boss kills. I'm wondering if switching over will lower my caustic arrow damage and maybe slow down my mapping a bit?

I played classic before when it was the only option around but the mapping so smooth right now that I don't want to mess with it much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info