Buy outs need to be automatic. This would eliminate price fixing.

"
iamstryker wrote:
I honestly don't see why people set buy outs if they don't want to sell for that price.

People look up an item to get an idea for the price. If something's worth 10c and I have 3 of them that I put up for 5c, good chance others will sell for 5 or lower. So I can buy them cheap, sell high and make a profit.

So in that light, instant buy-outs would counter that.

On the other hand, if we do get API access... and people can use it to list their sales it's easy to make a scraper that notifies you if an item is sold below the usual price. So you can still buy all cheap stuff and sell for profit...
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
"
PlatoniusIII wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
I honestly don't see why people set buy outs if they don't want to sell for that price.

People look up an item to get an idea for the price. If something's worth 10c and I have 3 of them that I put up for 5c, good chance others will sell for 5 or lower. So I can buy them cheap, sell high and make a profit.

So in that light, instant buy-outs would counter that.

On the other hand, if we do get API access... and people can use it to list their sales it's easy to make a scraper that notifies you if an item is sold below the usual price. So you can still buy all cheap stuff and sell for profit...

Price fixing. Exactly why I made the thread.
Standard Forever
Wait... you think prices are too LOW on xbox... LOL LOL, this console version is becoming a joke, fast.

There's been 5 instances of "real money transactions" (RMT) that I've heard of, 2 of which I've witnessed. $150usd for a belly with a BoR. $120 for a kaoms. How NZ deals with USA taxes is not known to me. However, the doors have been nailed, welded and permanently sealed open for RMT in less than 2 months on xbox even while the player base is tiny. This has become a reality, and it is this reality why people want exalts for everything (631% facebreakers, 3ex...mm hmm, O.K.).

I feel it was PC players that ruined everything about trading on xbox. Think about it, who else knew going straight in how to toggle the low and high prices to make out like greedy trolls? Seriously, who else could of pulled this off?

Don't get me wrong, I see your points entirely, but don't forget that for every shady low price, there has to be 50 shady high prices on console.

Can GGG fix this? No, they are powerless unless they pull the entire game or ban trading (but how long can GGG dance around the issue of taxable goods, no company right now likes that dance).

There's more happening right now in PoE besides low price fixes.
There should at least be an asking price OR a buyout price set. There should be an option so that you can pick one or the other. This way if you do not have a buyout set, we know you are either a price scammer, you are not serious at all or not sure what something is worth. Because as I speak there is one player who has 5 exalts listed at 40 chaos each. He has no intent to sell them at 40. He of course just wants people to think that that's what they are going for so he can buy them at 40. With an automatic buyout, he would not be able to get away with this. And if it was set as an asking price we would know he was not serious at all. Something should be done. Buyouts should definitely be automatic. This is a joke......
I'm totally confused why people don't want instant buyout?!?!?!

If someone says they want 3 Chaos Orbs for something, and I offer 3 Chaos Orbs why in the world should the trade not auto complete upon me hitting the submit button? I met what the seller has asked for. As it sits now I have to wait until the seller gets back online or checks his auctions and I'm sorry but that is utterly STUPID in every situation. Who cares about professional flippers? If they want to sit there and do this then more power to them, it doesn't change the fact that the trade board here is in horrible shape. Every other game I have EVER played that has trade allows for instant completion when a sale is done but not POE.

If you want to sell for some stupidly high price then go ahead that's your right, but as a buyer my right is to receive the item when I purchase it...

I would also add that every item should have some sort of buyout option instead of just asking for offer. I sent about 20 offers in the last couple days and I had 3 accepted, 2 declined and the rest had no response at all. How in the world is this a healthy trade system?!?!?!
"
sehenry10 wrote:

If someone says they want 3 Chaos Orbs for something, and I offer 3 Chaos Orbs why in the world should the trade not auto complete upon me hitting the submit button? I met what the seller has asked for. As it sits now I have to wait until the seller gets back online or checks his auctions and I'm sorry but that is utterly STUPID in every situation. Who cares about professional flippers? If they want to sit there and do this then more power to them, it doesn't change the fact that the trade board here is in horrible shape. Every other game I have EVER played that has trade allows for instant completion when a sale is done but not POE.

If you want to sell for some stupidly high price then go ahead that's your right, but as a buyer my right is to receive the item when I purchase it...

I would also add that every item should have some sort of buyout option instead of just asking for offer. I sent about 20 offers in the last couple days and I had 3 accepted, 2 declined and the rest had no response at all. How in the world is this a healthy trade system?!?!?!

Because it works perfectly fine, had a great experience over the first week.
The issue is that there are to few players, all serious players have already got their items, and payed what its worth.
Now there is only noobs left that want exalts for their trash items and offering wisdom scrolls for 6link stuff.

What we really need is perma ignore option !
I dont even denying bad offers, because i dont want a new scam offer.
Guess im not alone about doing so.

A good item allows you to farm faster and loot more, thats the reason why its worth to make a good offer rather than being cheap and blaming the AH for not getting the item you want.
"
Viljan wrote:

Please explain how rampant price fixing is "perfectly fine"? Explain why it's ok that you pay a seller what they are asking for and yet you have to wait hours or even days for them to approve of the trade? That just doesn't make sense.
Standard Forever
I actually disagree with this, contingent upon GGG actively working to bring the same trade tools to Xbox as PC (linking accounts to forums and posting items). I believe that was the stated goal.

I attempted to buy an item set for 2 alch. The buyer replied something along the lines of "sorry, someone else offered 5 alch." While I feel like this particular instance may have been BS (or not, but a 250% return on the b/o sounds suspect) I absolutely believe that this should be a thing, that negotiation should be a thing.

Also, I don't believe price fixing/gouging is really an issue. Prices will adjust as players familiarize themselves with what is equitable and more items enter the economy. Those overpriced items will have to adjust or not sell, we just need to have more people enter the market; competition is a natural economic force, and it will only be a matter of time.

The only thing we need now (besides the aforementioned account linking) is a system notification when something happens to a posted item--a new offer is made, or an offer is accepted or rejected.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Viljan wrote:
"
sehenry10 wrote:

The issue is that there are to few players, all serious players have already got their items, and payed what its worth.
Now there is only noobs left that want exalts for their trash items and offering wisdom scrolls for 6link stuff.

What we really need is perma ignore option !
I dont even denying bad offers, because i dont want a new scam offer.
Guess im not alone about doing so.

A good item allows you to farm faster and loot more, thats the reason why its worth to make a good offer rather than being cheap and blaming the AH for not getting the item you want.

What I am TOTALLY confused about is this:

Why SHOULDN'T it be an instant buy out? What is the reasoning? Every other game I have ever played has an instant buyout and I get the item as soon as I click buyout. Now here I have to wait for this seller to accept, and if he doesn't play for a few days I am screwed. What could it possibly hurt to have instant buyout like everyone else? I see every advantage in it and I see zero downside?!?!?!
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I actually disagree with this, contingent upon GGG actively working to bring the same trade tools to Xbox as PC (linking accounts to forums and posting items). I believe that was the stated goal.

I attempted to buy an item set for 2 alch. The buyer replied something along the lines of "sorry, someone else offered 5 alch." While I feel like this particular instance may have been BS (or not, but a 250% return on the b/o sounds suspect) I absolutely believe that this should be a thing, that negotiation should be a thing.

Also, I don't believe price fixing/gouging is really an issue. Prices will adjust as players familiarize themselves with what is equitable and more items enter the economy. Those overpriced items will have to adjust or not sell, we just need to have more people enter the market; competition is a natural economic force, and it will only be a matter of time.

The only thing we need now (besides the aforementioned account linking) is a system notification when something happens to a posted item--a new offer is made, or an offer is accepted or rejected.

Negotiating will always be a thing regardless. Buyouts however should be automatic because that's really the entire point of a buy out. People who want to negotiate can still do so.

I have no issue with overpriced items. I have an issue with fake buy outs in order to trick players to lowering their prices.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info