Buy outs need to be automatic. This would eliminate price fixing.

Even aside from price fixing which I will talk about in a minute, ever since the game started I have thought that it is weird how people will set a price for their item but when someone wants to pay that price they for some reason have to wait for the seller to approve of it. The seller is the one who set the price so why in the world should the buyer have to wait for approval of that price? It should be automatic.

Price fixing is something that is definitely going on and it's really annoying that so many people are trying it. What happens is that experienced players don't like the price of an item, let's say sacrifice at midnight, so they acquire a few of them and then they pretend to want to sell them for a very low price. They don't actually intend to sell the item and they won't accept the buy out price that they set. They only hope that less experienced players will see the price and then set their midnights at that price so the experienced players can get the big discount for them.

This game has enough problems with new players trying to figure out how to trade without getting ripped off. Price fixing is BS and shouldn't exist. All the devs have to do is make the buyouts automatic and then this wouldn't happen.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Sep 25, 2017, 12:47:22 AM
Last bumped on Oct 3, 2017, 8:13:47 AM
GGG already mentioned that ah will be not user friendly.
"
jaav wrote:
GGG already mentioned that ah will be not user friendly.

Please quote/link what you are talking about?

I already know that GGG has certain preferences when it comes to trading but I can't fathom why they would want people price fixing. I also can not fathom why trading should be easy for some items but nearly impossible for others.

If I want to buy a lion eyes glare which is an extremely good bow for all sorts of builds I can find one within seconds that I want to buy. BUT if I want a ring with 100 health, lightning and cold resistances I would have to search forever through pages and pages and pages of shit that I have no interest in buying, and after all that I might not even find or get what I want.

There is just no reason for this.
Standard Forever
When the seller are asking for s fair price and a buyer are accepting it, then it would have been great with instant buyout.
If a seller put a way to low price, then you should not be able to abuse it by farming ah.

Anyway i think more and more will just stash stuff without a price, so it dosent really mather.
Im doing it, because its faster and if you make a fair offer i accept, if you make scam offer i ignore it.
I don't want an instant buy-out personally. Price fixing is a small price to pay IMO to prevent professional AH flippers.

"
Jauron wrote:
I don't want an instant buy-out personally. Price fixing is a small price to pay IMO to prevent professional AH flippers.

People already sit and trade constantly. Price fixing is incredibly annoying because you have no idea who is actually wanting to trade and who is just being an jacka**.
Standard Forever
"
Viljan wrote:
When the seller are asking for s fair price and a buyer are accepting it, then it would have been great with instant buyout.
If a seller put a way to low price, then you should not be able to abuse it by farming ah.

Anyway i think more and more will just stash stuff without a price, so it dosent really mather.
Im doing it, because its faster and if you make a fair offer i accept, if you make scam offer i ignore it.

Every game with some sort of auction is going to have people who play the market. There is no way to avoid it. In fact, everyone who wants to earn a little extra currency should do it. If an item costs 1ex and someone sells it for 20c, it would be foolish not to buy it and resell it.

I agree OP. A buy out would be an excellent feature to add.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Jauron wrote:

People already sit and trade constantly. Price fixing is incredibly annoying because you have no idea who is actually wanting to trade and who is just being an jacka**.

Not with 5 trades at a time allowed. You have to wait for one to go through or cancel after 5.
Yea....at the end of the day, I'll take this over not having it at all. I see your frustration though. However, if it were instant, people simply wouldnt set a price for the vast majority of their stuff. This goes especially for anything thats worth something. I set a price and i stick by it. But then again, I'm generally aware of whats crap and what isnt. If i have any doubt....I set it higher than I would think it would go for and work my way down on the price over time.

They were pretty adamant about not adding this to pc...im glad they made a concession for xbox. All they have to do is just make the search a little less 1950ish and I'll take it.
"
Mrfootnass wrote:
Yea....at the end of the day, I'll take this over not having it at all. I see your frustration though. However, if it were instant, people simply wouldnt set a price for the vast majority of their stuff. This goes especially for anything thats worth something. I set a price and i stick by it. But then again, I'm generally aware of whats crap and what isnt. If i have any doubt....I set it higher than I would think it would go for and work my way down on the price over time.

They were pretty adamant about not adding this to pc...im glad they made a concession for xbox. All they have to do is just make the search a little less 1950ish and I'll take it.

I honestly don't see why people set buy outs if they don't want to sell for that price.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info