3.0 Glacial Cascade Shocker - 100% Fire Conversion - MoM/VP/Acro

"
What Hrimsorrow does exactly: It converts the remaining 40% of GC to Cold. The only benefit to that is that it makes Increased Cold Damage % Nodes give you full value (Without Hrimsorrow, a 10% Cold Dmg node/mod gives you ~6% only. With Hrimsorrow, a 10% Cold Dmg node/mod gives the full 10%.)
So it's not bad, but it's not worth it unless you have a lot of Inc. Cold Dmg nodes/mods items.
A Rare Fingerless Gloves with HP & Resists is much better.

What if I upgrade Hrimsorrow to Hrimburn?

Also thank you for the answer.
hi man,
i see your skill tree but you on 100 level tree skyll have 14 left point.
you can post the actual skyll tree point. thanks
"
Blastbear wrote:
hi man,
i see your skill tree but you on 100 level tree skyll have 14 left point.
you can post the actual skyll tree point. thanks

any update on the skill tree? plz?
a noob player
Is there any point to take Vaal Pact if I don't plan on using Life Leech (because I am too poor for 6l)?
Last edited by rliiack on Oct 5, 2017, 2:41:50 PM
your missing one important defense factor.
use berek's grip for leech since your shocking!
insta heal and you can free up your leech gem for another blue gem.
also use carcass jack 2r 4b.
Last edited by Y_A_K_U_Z_A on Oct 21, 2017, 8:31:05 AM
Hei,

Very nice build and i've been using this and quite happy.

However, how come my trigger gem " cast when damage taken support" doesn't trigger "warlock's mark"?
I have to actively use "warlock's mark" all the time

I have exact gem setting like you have

PS: nevermind, i've figured it out, coz the lvl of my gem doesnt allow me to trigger it.

Has anyone try Elemental Weakness instead of Orb of storm? It could help to raise Arcane Surge gem lvl abit since it need more mana to cast, plus more damage since it reduces elemental resistance of creeps

Thank you,
Last edited by Kahdudalla on Oct 24, 2017, 2:39:56 PM
"
Kahdudalla wrote:

Has anyone try Elemental Weakness instead of Orb of storm? It could help to raise Arcane Surge gem lvl abit since it need more mana to cast, plus more damage since it reduces elemental resistance of creeps

I think the point of orb of storm is to generate power charges. Since it deals aoe damage, power charges generate easily through power charge on crit support. Elemental weakness does not do direct damage, so it does not generate power charges.
"
rliiack wrote:
"
Kahdudalla wrote:

I think the point of orb of storm is to generate power charges. Since it deals aoe damage, power charges generate easily through power charge on crit support. Elemental weakness does not do direct damage, so it does not generate power charges.

Yea, solid point.

I'm 75 and have been doing maps with your build, my dps is >40dps at 100% fire, 63% crit, 355% crit modify but only 2755 hp (glass canon as you refer somewhere in the post)

i got

I switch the shield and Sibyl's Lament for

so i could survive in mapping, otherwise i just keep dying coz of reflection. Like bang, i'm dead. Vaal Pact or nothing can help coz my damage is way too high compare to my resistance & hp

Later i'd switch from unique to some rare pieces tho

Do you have any comment for me?

Thank you,
"
Kahdudalla wrote:
"
rliiack wrote:
"
Kahdudalla wrote:

Yea, solid point.

I'm 75 and have been doing maps with your build, my dps is >40dps at 100% fire, 63% crit, 355% crit modify but only 2755 hp (glass canon as you refer somewhere in the post)

i got

I switch the shield and Sibyl's Lament for

so i could survive in mapping, otherwise i just keep dying coz of reflection. Like bang, i'm dead. Vaal Pact or nothing can help coz my damage is way too high compare to my resistance & hp

Later i'd switch from unique to some rare pieces tho

Do you have any comment for me?

Thank you,

Your gear have absolutely no Life at all . Replace shield, gloves, shoes, sibyl ring, amulet and belt with a rare one with high life or mob will one shot you.
"
Y_A_K_U_Z_A wrote:
your missing one important defense factor.
use berek's grip for leech since your shocking!
insta heal and you can free up your leech gem for another blue gem.
also use carcass jack 2r 4b.

I'm playing this build on Xbox and I haven't tried Berek's Grip, but it only leeches against enemies that are shocked, and if you kill the mobs with one blast then you don't get leech from them since you never hit them while they are shocked, right? And against bosses where you need it most, shocking is not guaranteed.

I'm using Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark to get leech against everyone nearby, as well as endurance charges
for defense ... It's working very well, but I have the same problem with bosses that are hexproof or reduced curse effectiveness. Luckily adding a Decoy Totem has made it no problem so far.

I agree regardless that LL gem is not ideal especially since we're MoM and need to leech Mana too. I'm only just entering Act 9 though - may report back later if opinion changes. So far so good!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info