The Ravenous God - Failed?

"
HarukaTeno wrote:
You can run whole content with new character if you want to know "why?".

TL;DR
It is made on purpose, accordingly to the lore.
You can't "complete" that quest.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Same here. I play Standard and can't even access Cathedral Rooftops - it says "You do not have the required quest state". When I try to get The Sign of Purity, it's not in the tomb. WHAT THE FUCK?!
Last edited by forsajt on Aug 6, 2017, 4:14:59 AM
"
forsajt wrote:
Same here. I play Standard and can't even access Cathedral Rooftops - it says "You do not have the required quest state". When I try to get The Sign of Purity, it's not in the tomb. WHAT THE FUCK?!

READ
ABOVE

(or how many times do i need to re-quote myself?)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Just to re-instate what others have said.

This quest is SUPPOUSED to fail. Nothing is wrong, it is how it should be, just relax.
"
MECHanokl wrote:
This quest is SUPPOUSED to fail. Nothing is wrong, it is how it should be, just relax.

Yes. But why is it supposed to fail? Without being able to actually play the new game content through, there is no explanation as to what has occurred.

(I have no desire to start a new character just to determine the new lore that should somehow be communicated in other ways. Even if you automatically complete—or fail—quests, there should be a way of getting the backstory as to what happened—or didn't …)
"
Sintactical wrote:

Yes. But why is it supposed to fail? Without being able to actually play the new game content through, there is no explanation as to what has occurred.

This is on the main problems of giving to Std players main quests by default completed but asking them to do the side quests. Nothing makes sense at all because we do not know the story/lore behind all this. We should have had the option of receiving all quests completed and skill points, so no spoilers for maping; and also the option of experience new content from the beginning. Seriously, this would have solved lot of problems in Std, and our time posting it here.
"
Sintactical wrote:
"
MECHanokl wrote:

(I have no desire to start a new character just to determine the new lore that should somehow be communicated in other ways. Even if you automatically complete—or fail—quests, there should be a way of getting the backstory as to what happened—or didn't …)

Why should the game communicate the lore in any way other than playing the game?
Ok... what the hell? I fought Kitava and got spirited away by Sin and told to take the boat to Lionseye Watch. But the quest log still tells me to go up to the Cathedral rooftop. Why is this quest broken?

EDIT! I found a way past this. I had to go to the rooftop multiple times till I could find Sin, then talk to him again to get the quest to update.

YMMV
Last edited by AJSA_Braigwen on Aug 13, 2017, 2:56:04 PM
Yesterday I logged in Standard. All my characters from 65 to 78 lvl were on "Epilogue". A lot of people's characters were like mine - naked /no items because requrements not met/, barefooted and insulted. I received some Passive points rewards and all mu current tree on reset. It seems my character killed Kitava, not failed or may be I am wrong. I went without problems to all the zones after act 4, but still. It's really unpleasant to be in the end of the game without knowing what and how happened.
I went to all the towns in act 5-10 and received my rewards, but didn't know for what are they.
So, I really stoped playing Standard for those reasons and began partying on Harbringer with my friend. I think to delete all of mu current characters on standard, but still not sure about it.
Remember, my friend, that the expectation leads to disappointment. So don't expect anything from anyone, even from yourself.
My character died before finishing the quest and my minions finished him off. I now need to talk to Sin and can't find him. I will try restarting, go back, see if that works.
*Update*
I waited for the area to reset and then I went in, went through the boss fight again making sure my minion didn't finish for me and was able to talk to Sin.
Last edited by walle11 on Sep 5, 2017, 8:56:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info