[3.5] For Scion - Dual Curse Crit. Based Blade Vortex as Elementalist + Assassin (SSF Viable)

"
jorge69696 wrote:
Hi I was wondering, why Hatred? Wouldn't 2 other heralds be better? Considering the 40% extra effect from elementalist.

Hatred will still give more damage than 2 x heralds.

However, Herald of Ash + Herald of Purity has similar damage as Hatred + Herald of Ash. And it reserves a lower mana pool.

"
jorge69696 wrote:
"
Maybe a noob question, but why does the level 25 skill tree differ from the rest in this specific area? Am I supposed to respec the points from flask recovery into the life nodes?

Nah, just ignore them. He probably changed his mind for the overall build but forgot to change those in the lvl 25 build.

What the man said. :P
Hey, how exactly does Atiziris Acuity free up points? My BV build is in parts based on yours and i don't understand where it would free up these points.
"
Alwerich wrote:
Hey, how exactly does Atiziris Acuity free up points? My BV build is in parts based on yours and i don't understand where it would free up these points.

The skill tree has been updated (it used to have a link to Vaal Pact) and that line is no longer valid.

However, having Acuity will enable you to gain Vaal Pact which is very good for the build. Especially if you pick up Slayer instead of Assassin.
Kira, if you're still there, check out my character please:

https://pastebin.com/Ut51mr10

Should i drop some points from hp and damage nodes and get additional curse node? Is it really worth it if i buy corrupted hrimsorrow with elemental weakness?
What else should i do about my gear? I have around 8 ex right now, and already spent like 15 on this character, and its really good so far, elder\shaper\guardians zero problems, haven't tried Uber Elder yet.
Also i find Slayer more suitable for my gameplay, with Assassin i have like 200-300k more DPS, but still, leeching a culling strike are too good.
Last edited by Hallybro on Dec 22, 2018, 9:41:20 PM
I started the league with this build(few changes like picking up Trickster instead of Assasin early on because the easy frenzy/power charges and some extra dmg/recovery seemed good at first glance without delving into playing Path of Building as I really haven't bothered much with it before if at all).It was going okay and managed to clear up to around tier 13-14 maps with the full ele conversion setup on 5 link, but my damage started to feel really lackluster then especially if maps had ele resists mod because it's basically impossible to get a decent level of ele penetration as Scion BV.

So I started looking at poe.ninja/builds for similiar builds and then playing Path of Building...adjusting my skill tree a bit and most importantly ditching the ele conversion and swapping some gems around, getting 6 link at last,then buying proper stat sticks and crafting the new op spell dmg+ extra non-chaos as chaos damage crafts and my dps went up 5 times(yes,five times... from 500k to 2.5 mil shaper dps - and still quite a bit of optimizing to do).Also slayer is for sure the way to go instead of assassin.

Now I realize this is quite a deviation from the original build by Kira, but I see no good reason why anyone should basically gimp themselves playing the full ele conversion version at this point as there are no advantages.
"
Hallybro wrote:
Kira, if you're still there, check out my character please:

https://pastebin.com/Ut51mr10

Should i drop some points from hp and damage nodes and get additional curse node? Is it really worth it if i buy corrupted hrimsorrow with elemental weakness?
What else should i do about my gear? I have around 8 ex right now, and already spent like 15 on this character, and its really good so far, elder\shaper\guardians zero problems, haven't tried Uber Elder yet.
Also i find Slayer more suitable for my gameplay, with Assassin i have like 200-300k more DPS, but still, leeching a culling strike are too good.

Your gears look good overall. I would recommend you to run Elder ring with Warlord curse on hit. This will free up your mana reservation and allows you to run another aura.

"
Juggyyy wrote:
I started the league with this build(few changes like picking up Trickster instead of Assasin early on because the easy frenzy/power charges and some extra dmg/recovery seemed good at first glance without delving into playing Path of Building as I really haven't bothered much with it before if at all).It was going okay and managed to clear up to around tier 13-14 maps with the full ele conversion setup on 5 link, but my damage started to feel really lackluster then especially if maps had ele resists mod because it's basically impossible to get a decent level of ele penetration as Scion BV.

So I started looking at poe.ninja/builds for similiar builds and then playing Path of Building...adjusting my skill tree a bit and most importantly ditching the ele conversion and swapping some gems around, getting 6 link at last,then buying proper stat sticks and crafting the new op spell dmg+ extra non-chaos as chaos damage crafts and my dps went up 5 times(yes,five times... from 500k to 2.5 mil shaper dps - and still quite a bit of optimizing to do).Also slayer is for sure the way to go instead of assassin.

Now I realize this is quite a deviation from the original build by Kira, but I see no good reason why anyone should basically gimp themselves playing the full ele conversion version at this point as there are no advantages.

Slayer provides great utility for the build.

I checked your tweak and I would say Might of Meek + Unnatural Instinct made the main difference when it comes to damage.

I would say full conversion vs partial conversion is situation dependent.

E.g.
"
- On physical reduction maps, you will want to run full conversion (Hrimsorrow + Physical to Lightning).

- On elemental reduction maps, you will want to run pure physical (Drop Hrimsorrow and swap Physical to Lightning with Increased Critical Strike/Damage).
I've got some more questions to the build, as a noobie:
- Does it matter to have a Vaal BV or is the normal skill gem fine?

- How does the lightning trap fit into this? Is it only there to trigger the extra zaps from the Orb of Storms?

- How come, in your current gears, you have both Whirling Blades and Cyclone? While you recommend using Cyclone over the Blades. Personally, I find Cyclone too slow as movement ability and have a wand equipped with Flame Dash

- Finally, as we have Elementalist ascendancy, will I run both a Flame and a Lightning Golem if I follow the given skill gem list, with a Heretic's Veil equipped?
"
I've got some more questions to the build, as a noobie:
- Does it matter to have a Vaal BV or is the normal skill gem fine?

Vaal BV provides crazy amount of DPS, and you still can use just basic BV.

Meanwhile killed my first Uber Elder with 1 death:

But i tweaked my character a bit, as a previous poster i started using 2 Might of the Meek and Unnatural Instinct, its expensive but really worth it.
DPS is crazy, literally Shaper phase in 1 Laser Beam.
Last edited by Hallybro on Dec 29, 2018, 12:30:26 PM
Instead of using critical damage support as a 6th gem, what about added fire damage support? It does a similar function to phys to lightning support.
"
Juggyyy wrote:

Could you take a screenshot and show were you used the jewels?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info