[3.7] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

Squeezed more dps out of the tree and ended up next to ranger's life nodes and heart of oak which makes it easy if more life wanted. (links in main post updated). Updated it on poeplanner too (for some reason poe planner shows being 1 level lower and I can't find it, oh well.

Last edited by WildWombat on Aug 11, 2017, 4:31:14 AM
Your tree needs to be updated. No idea why you took all that bow damage for a dual-wield sword build...
Should have been the blade nodes below the bow, fixed now, thanks!
Moved into main post
Last edited by WildWombat on Aug 20, 2017, 6:57:52 PM
duplicate post
Last edited by WildWombat on Aug 16, 2017, 12:18:26 AM
In the end game, are we still looking to get the Varunastra Swords? If so, what is reason they are so strong? If you wouldn't mind looking at my character sheet via this site and looking at my Champion, could you give me some tips for getting higher dps and more survivabilty? I am relatively new to the game. Love the guide and keep updating us!
"
raynetko wrote:
In the end game, are we still looking to get the Varunastra Swords? If so, what is reason they are so strong? If you wouldn't mind looking at my character sheet via this site and looking at my Champion, could you give me some tips for getting higher dps and more survivabilty? I am relatively new to the game. Love the guide and keep updating us!

Hi, no I decided to go for something different from varunstra as I thought they would be too hard to get. Varunstra's are nice but really need the 'by the blade' and 'deadly dilettante' to shine. We are getting a bit more dps with the scaeva and 2nd sword because of the crit and slightly better path. (I always thought scaeva was undervalued but didnt realise how great they can be, there is a 400+dps sword for sale at 25ex at the moment it will give me 2k more dps than my 10c scaeva :)

I went back over my theory build massively the other day trying to work why I wasn't close :) I didnt realise what a difference strength and accuracy make. My rings are better this time becuase they have accuracy which is also because people dont value it which makes them cheaper.

I try and get 2-3 damage mods on each item. so my rings have adds physical damage/accuracy/elemental damage with attack skills and the other crit chance/accuracy/added phys and added cold for the amulet I have crit multiplier and added phys. I takes a bit of playing with poe trade to balance it with resists etc I usually put the resists in and then skim down looking for what I want and whether it includes life or can be crafted on etc. drop a jewel in that socket on the left, i usually try for life + 2 damages although this time I have life, resists and damage allowing me to more damage on other gear.

Attack speed and added physical on the gloves would make a big difference (24k dps between ours), we dont scale lightning damage very much, so physical is much better. unfortunately the spiked are expensive. I made some normal gloves in path of building with 4-6 phys and 13% speed (same as my current ones but without being spiked) they would do about 15k more than yours current ones, seems that the spiked part is nice but not as important as the other stats.

you will also get a boost with gems getting to quality 20

Hope this helps!
Last edited by WildWombat on Aug 15, 2017, 7:32:42 AM
Thanks for such a fast reply!! It def did help. I am going to work on getting better gloves, and I think the +20% gems will have to wait a bit, since I am a little poor atm haha. Love the build man keep us posted on your progress!!
hi i have a question,i am trying your build and i would like to know what gear i should focus on. pure armor or armor/evasion?
I'm trying to work on a mix of armor and evasion because the belt gives increased damage based on whichever is the lowest. I prefer armour though and the damage is 1% per 300 so not massive, personally something to keep in mind but not something to skip a nice piece of gear over.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info