How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Random white Heist drop:
Spoiler

I have had 2 Abyssal Depths so far, last league ZERO:
Spoiler

Drop in Cruel Lab:
Spoiler

The only thing I have gotten from Gwennen so far.
Spoiler

and, obligatory SSF Exalt, just waiting for a decent drop to use it on:
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Oct 31, 2021, 1:20:45 PM

From a ritual, one happy vortex player!

time to migrate!
Been running some white maps with my Poisonous Concoction character. Here is the gear I've accrued so far;

Spoiler
One week was enough for me

Got tired of the skelli necro tedious play-style and can't upgrade to golems in SSF

My Cyclone champion isn't as tanky as expected and can't kill red bosses

any good fun recommendations builds left in SSF?

Don't look at me. My last "good" build was over a year ago. Current one is having trouble in T2 maps. Not able to get upgrades for the off-slots. I'll be running Feeding Trough for a week.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Nov 1, 2021, 7:17:22 AM
playing trade this time, maybe go ssf when hard modes hits the fan
d:-D*
"
snowmittens wrote:

Got tired of the skelli necro tedious play-style and can't upgrade to golems in SSF

Check poe.ninja for some inspiration, there are still a lot of decent builds being played in SSF. Now whether you find them "fun" is a different question of course.

Trap builds, since last league are on an all time high in SSF. Whether you play Ice Trap or Seismic Trap they are real DPS monsters and run on a very low budget. I league started with Ice Trap last league and it was smooth sailing throughout the game although I personally got bored of the Trap playstyle after a couple of weeks. Trappers usually are also relatively squishy.

Exanguinate can be played self-cast too and is a pretty well rounded build/playstle, with some good scaling and solid clear speed.

Spectral Helix is pretty popular right now too. Never tried it but from what I've seen it has pretty impressive DPS numbers with super basic gear. Don't know how good the survivability aspect is though. Playstyle is another questionable thing for me as I never liked the Hammerdin in D2 but obviously we can scale cast speed and smoothness of a skill way better than back in the day.

Any classic Occultist Chaos/Cold Builds are still strong and easy to play thanks to the Ascendancy.

Toxic Rain is strong and easy to gear but not everyone likes the playstyle. Same goes for Bladeblast/Bladefall.

Earthshatter is still a very strong "melee" skill with decent clear and fantastic single target DPS potential. I have played a few Earthshatter Juggernauts since the skill got released and I loved the spamming Warcries to explode the Shatters and clear packs playstyle. From what I've seen, it went relatively unscathed through the recent nerfs and balance changes. Only real "nerf" is the destruction of Seismic Cry in 3.15. Other than that Eartshatter as a Jugg feels amazingly tanky and with great recovery and sustain and as a Berserker obviously much more destructive but even as a Jugg you can realistically reach a 3-4 million dps with a good 2h Axe and something like Ryslatha or other good gear.
"

Have you considered adding a strong single target attack to complement cyclone's awesome clearing? I'm running an SSF Chieftain crit staff Boneshatter/Cyclone build and just completed a T13 and T14. Still tweaking the concept, but I'm happy with the way the build is coming together.
These dropped this morning, just before I left for work from a Scourged T1 map:
First Voltaxic Rift I have ever found (all the others were from the corrupted Div card)
Spoiler

~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Nov 3, 2021, 3:31:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info