[2.6] CI Best Scourge ClawFlurry, Up to 134+ Mill DPS,Uber/Shaper/Guardians, Budget Version Inc.

"
"
zSavage wrote:
Fake dual wielding is superior to using 2 x Scourge.

Using a Death's Hand mace in the main hand will significantly increase your DPS, as 30% of phys added as base chaos is quite strong. The item also automatically generates power charges, removing the need for skyforth.

There's literally no need to dual wield the same weapon if the skill you're using doesn't really benefit from having two weapons that attack (aka only dualstrike and cleave really matter in this regard).

Since Blade Flurry can't be used with maces, all the hits will come from your claw, leaving you with the bonuses from the mace and dual wielding without having to attack with the mace.

You are wrong. There is actually a benefit for dual-wielding the claws, it was explicitly explained in the guide. Re-read the modifiers on the The Scourge.

I'm not saying you don't derive any benefit. Sure, you get 70% increased global damage. But that's it. I know exactly how the claw works.

I'm saying that if all you're getting from your 'stat stick' (as BF is not a true DW skill) is 70% increased damage, there's better options available (like Death's Hand).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
"
"
zSavage wrote:

Using a Death's Hand mace in the main hand will significantly increase your DPS, as 30% of phys added as base chaos is quite strong. The item also automatically generates power charges, removing the need for skyforth.

There's literally no need to dual wield the same weapon if the skill you're using doesn't really benefit from having two weapons that attack (aka only dualstrike and cleave really matter in this regard).

Since Blade Flurry can't be used with maces, all the hits will come from your claw, leaving you with the bonuses from the mace and dual wielding without having to attack with the mace.

You are wrong. There is actually a benefit for dual-wielding the claws, it was explicitly explained in the guide. Re-read the modifiers on the The Scourge.

I'm not saying you don't derive any benefit. Sure, you get 70% increased global damage. But that's it. I know exactly how the claw works.

I'm saying that if all you're getting from your 'stat stick' (as BF is not a true DW skill) is 70% increased damage, there's better options available (like Death's Hand).

I don't agree that Death's Hand is better. 70% increased global is quite significant. It increases your initial hit and double dips on all of your DoT's. I've also tested using Death's Hand, it is NOT better. It actually does LESS damage. Test the two setups and you will see it in both your Offence tab and killing speed against serious bosses (i.e. Uber Atziri/Shaper).

"
DIAsUCKs wrote:
i have question. i am one of ur fan in ur stream. thanks for happy streaming bro.
here is the question. what if i use one scourge wit huge es and resistence shield.
would it be worth? or not good at all?

Yes, you can use one claw and an ES shield. You will lose a bit of damage, but you'll have more es! This build is flexible, you should make the changes that make you feel comfortable playing with.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Nov 21, 2016, 5:00:35 PM
Awesome build mate... Low ES i converted to CI for survivability. Dropping vulnerability... Picking up blood rage and adding an additional vaal haste. Any recommendations for glove sockets?

Last edited by Skitzofreniks on Nov 21, 2016, 8:05:12 PM
Can you post a leveling skill tree, please?
Great build!

I love seeing someone use claws as they've been beyond useless forever, excluding a couple of niche ones. Besides skyforth's this is reasonably priced and does excellent damage due to poison and bleed.

I would like to see it vs hydra and Chimera to gauge it's physical damage output.

One thing is the low defensive ability. If you traded off a claw for a shield and went CI using +1 gloves/boots/helm and lvl4 enlighten, you could easily use 3 auras/curses and arguably have the same DPS.

Anyway, thanks for your build. Mine is a little more expensive and uses daggers as a Trickster so I'm thankful the community has an alternative =)
I'm struggling to come up with new goals to keep me playing this game.
"
zSavage wrote:

I think this is the way to go initially in the league when skyforth are completely out of reach, I'll definitely be doing this next league.
"
evenson wrote:
"
zSavage wrote:

I think this is the way to go initially in the league when skyforth are completely out of reach, I'll definitely be doing this next league.

There are situations where you will not generate power charges with Death's Hand. Also, he is wrong in terms of it doing more damage than two Scourge claws. I would not recommend using Death's Hand at all, you will nerf your damage way too much. Dual wield The Scourge claws for maximum potential.

If you don't have Skyforth boots, there are other ways to generate the power charges (even better ways).

1. Use a PCOC support gem as described in the guide (this is for Shaper/Uber Atziri).
2. Use Assassin's Mark as described in the guide (this is for Mapping mainly).
3. There are other mechanics that generate power charges as well (i.e. flasks, unique jewels).

All of the above are "better" over using Death's Hand. I've used Death's Hand (tested it personally), it is horrible since it cuts down on your attack speed and DPS by quite a bit.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Nov 22, 2016, 4:17:32 AM
CI version tree ??
Awesome build bro. I would love to be using this build in the new league.

Although I dont think I will get the chance as Blade Flurry will be raped when the nerf hammer comes down before the new league. Too many people are QQing, even though there are other skills that outperform this one...

#feelsbadman
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
How do you ignore the crit chance cap to get 100% crit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info