Molten Shell + Spell Totem Bug

Recently i made a fire mage and thought, wouldn't it be great to have something do MASSIVE aoe damage and be able to tank well. So i fooled around with Flame Totem for a bit and got this great idea. Put Molten shell + Spell totem = awesome tanky aoe explosions!!!!

It almost works. The totem tanks really well but once the molten shell goes down there is no fire explosion. it just recasts molten shell on itself without exploding it. I really want to see how this plays out. Please update me on this.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not exactly a bug. Spell Totems always behave the same way, as long as enemies are in range they cast their spell. So in case of Molten Shell it will hardly reach the detonation threshold, because the totem recasts it all the time, which resets the threshold.
No even when my molten shell was lvl 1 (I started this at level 40~ act 1 cruel) while molten shell has the really low threshold for its explosion it still did not explode. So im not certain what you've stated is entirely accurate.
Last edited by Advisor on Feb 20, 2013, 5:56:27 PM
The detonation will get triggered once enough damage is prevented by armour or blocking. In case of a totem there is no blocking, so only the armour damage mitigation can help to trigger the explosion. Now I have no clue if totems have some base armour themselves, but if not the ~100 armour of a Level 1 Molten Shell won't do much against Level 40+ monsters, due to the damage reduction formula of armour.
Still... I think its silly. It should work. That is all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info