R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Elementalist Build Guide (multi class + version, in depth theory)

"
My old ring had fire damage on attack, but I just got a new ring to change it to a different elemental damage. I am just waiting for the level up for EE. I know that the projectile damage will not affect the ignite anymore, but will it also not affect the explosion part? If so, that is super rough for EA.

Honestly I don't know if it even affects the explosion. Either way I tried it with a new tree with all fire damage nodes (more that before). I even tried Grand spectrum and Emberwake (also nerfed). With EA gem level 19 with 100% chance to ignite. There's just not enough damage. :(

EDIT: Then again there's this - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1914425
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Last edited by Greengroove on Jul 23, 2017, 8:12:11 PM
I am just wondering that if burning damage from ignites is now based on the base damage of the abilities instead of the fully scaled ability, EA should be a pretty good contender for an ignite build because of the pretty high base damage. Base damage is now twice as important with the rework they did for burning damage (0.4 of the initial hit instead of 0.2 of the scaled hit). However, as said in that thread you linked, an assassin crit build with Perfect Agony would not work due to the attack part of EA putting enemies off of full health. I really hope a build can be created though because EA is so fun to use.
EDIT: I was also curious about something. I know that EE is super important for obvious reasons. However, how do you get past having +25% res on bosses when they are ignited? Do you make sure to hit them with an other ability after the explosion to make sure that ignite has the maximum possible damage?
Last edited by ExplosiveChaos on Jul 23, 2017, 11:20:44 PM
"
I am just wondering that if burning damage from ignites is now based on the base damage of the abilities instead of the fully scaled ability, EA should be a pretty good contender for an ignite build because of the pretty high base damage. Base damage is now twice as important with the rework they did for burning damage (0.4 of the initial hit instead of 0.2 of the scaled hit). However, as said in that thread you linked, an assassin crit build with Perfect Agony would not work due to the attack part of EA putting enemies off of full health. I really hope a build can be created though because EA is so fun to use.
EDIT: I was also curious about something. I know that EE is super important for obvious reasons. However, how do you get past having +25% res on bosses when they are ignited? Do you make sure to hit them with an other ability after the explosion to make sure that ignite has the maximum possible damage?

Maybe there's hope with perfect agony. However they nerfed it even before the full release... It will probably work. But how good, that remains to be seen. Maybe I'll make something or actually a friend of mine will probably try to make it work. But the build will be completely different. Much more expensive and harder to level. The result will likely not be as good as it once was. :(

Yes after the explosion you need to re apply EE to the target. You can even use something like orb of storms in some scenarios. Also Vaal lightning trap is something that is very handy (unrelated to EE).

Are you using Path of Building? https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding
Last edited by Greengroove on Jul 24, 2017, 3:19:16 AM
i will be testing on beta

with

EA--FirePen--GMP--Efficay/deadly aliments--Less_duration--(Chance_to_Ignite/empower) lvl4 empower give more Ignite thas no imporate for league start.
Last edited by stauch3r on Jul 24, 2017, 8:44:51 AM
"
stauch3r wrote:

with

EA--FirePen--GMP--Efficay--Less_duration--(Chance_to_Ignite/empower) lvl4 empower give more Ignite thas no imporate for league start.

I think It's going to be hard to pull it off. Less duration is not really needed. The more important is the tree. With a similar tree from this thread the build is shit. MAYBE a crit version, maybe with with perfect agony. But it will be still hard, if at all possible. I mean sure it can work but...

That being said i wish you the best of luck and hope you prove me wrong. Either way lmk. ;)

In fact I can help you in game as I already have some equip in beta.
Last edited by Greengroove on Jul 24, 2017, 8:45:07 AM
"
stauch3r wrote:

with

EA--FirePen--GMP--Efficacy/deadly aliments--Less_duration--(Chance_to_Ignite/empower) lvl4 empower give more Ignite thas no imporate for league start.

Efficacy is no good. We don't benefit from spell damage and explosions will take longer to detonate.
Last edited by Greengroove on Jul 24, 2017, 9:28:54 AM
I am not using Path of Building. Should I be using it? I will trying out a Perfect Agony EA build, but I think what dead isn't EA but Elementalist EA. A Perfect Agony build means no Elemental Overload which makes starting Witch only useful for the Ascendancies. Starting Witch would probably require a lot of respec points later on the build. I guess a good thing about the Witch is that you can get EE and Blood Magic along the way. I was thinking of a build along the lines of what the other person put, but with Elemental Proliferation instead of Less Duration. Really the only thing I can think of is an Assassin crit build, but even that would not work because of EA's initial hit.
Last edited by ExplosiveChaos on Jul 24, 2017, 2:09:03 PM
"
I am not using Path of Building. Should I be using it? I will trying out a Perfect Agony EA build, but I think what dead isn't EA but Elementalist EA. A Perfect Agony build means no Elemental Overload which makes starting Witch only useful for the Ascendancies. Starting Witch would probably require a lot of respec points later on the build. I guess a good thing about the Witch is that you can get EE and Blood Magic along the way. I was thinking of a build along the lines of what the other person put, but with Elemental Proliferation instead of Less Duration. Really the only thing I can think of is an Assassin crit build, but even that would not work because of EA's initial hit.

Absolutely get Path of Building. The perfect agony build will be in fact most likely exactly that. An agony. The build will be expensive to build properly and the results are questionable / unsure. I think the Scion (Elementalist + Assassin) root may be the best choice. I have a feeling that MOM will be the "thing" this time around. You want to use Ignite proliferation instead of the old prolif. gem. Less duration was never an essential support for the build. Just a practical one.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911278

Of course everything is a speculation. I'll probably test things at some point. But I want to start the challenge league with something less dicey.
I'm really really saddened that 3.0 is going to kill this build.

That aside, I want to thank you for posting this - it's a really creative build and I loved trying something a bit different and more complex (from the tree standpoint) than other characters I've tried in this game.

I absolutely fell in love with this character and unfortunately have dumped a lot of my reserves into getting good gear. To hear this is all going to be kaput soon is pretty hard to take, but I do want to let you know how appreciative I am that I found this build - I had a blast playing this, it fit my style very well and it was just tons of fun all around.
"
PCIWumpscut wrote:
I'm really really saddened that 3.0 is going to kill this build.

That aside, I want to thank you for posting this - it's a really creative build and I loved trying something a bit different and more complex (from the tree standpoint) than other characters I've tried in this game.

I absolutely fell in love with this character and unfortunately have dumped a lot of my reserves into getting good gear. To hear this is all going to be kaput soon is pretty hard to take, but I do want to let you know how appreciative I am that I found this build - I had a blast playing this, it fit my style very well and it was just tons of fun all around.

I can't take credit for the build. It's only very slightly different from the others. The only thing I did with it was to research, optimize and write it up.
The thing I liked about this build was it's simplicity and effectiveness. The easy scaling with progress was really great. But things come and go. New builds will arise.

I suggest that you start fresh with the new challenge league. Everyone has a fresh start. And I have to say it feels great to get a new challenge like that. I almost never play standard. Once I got used to it i never looked back.

I think I am set for a golemancer for the next league. Eventially I'll probably do a clasic necromancer again, once they improve the minion AI. There's a lot of things you can try, but starting a fresh league with something cheap may be a good idea.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info