Mechanical Questions Thread

"
fanity wrote:
since 3.0 Dot damage are not scale by hit damage
so
what happened when a 100% ignite fireball blocked ?
will hit damage and dot (ignite) damage all blocked or hit damage blocked but ignite still applied

This fireball has a 100% chance to cause ignite when it hits an enemy.

When a skill is blocked, it is not counted as having "hit" the target.

Ignite damage is no longer scaled directly by hit damage, yes, but a skill which ignites still needs to hit in order to apply the ignite.
Quand tu souris, je jouis
D'la joie d'sourire aussi
Mirror/Blink Arrow has 2 major issues: No aoe tag & chance to bleed doesnt apply

The landing part of the skill is an AOE, yet the skill doesnt have an AOE tag

and

atm, Chance to bleed gem doesnt apply to blink and mirror arrow

Its doesnt state " Doesnt support minions skills" so it should apply to the gem

First part of the skill is Attack and not minion damage

It should apply to Mirror and blink arrow

For those who don't know, blink and mirror arrow are 2 phase skills

First is your attack: the landing

Second is the summoning: minion

You can see this in action when you use null inclination, minions don't generation summons but landing does

It's like wild strike

Aoe gem applies but only to aoe part of the skill

In this case, if we want it to be consistent with the tag methodology, chance to bleed shoul apply to the gem but not minion
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Does weapon range increase blade flurry aoe?
"
DunkMaster wrote:
Does weapon range increase blade flurry aoe?

Nope.
"
RitoxicGame wrote:
"
fanity wrote:
since 3.0 Dot damage are not scale by hit damage
so
what happened when a 100% ignite fireball blocked ?
will hit damage and dot (ignite) damage all blocked or hit damage blocked but ignite still applied

This fireball has a 100% chance to cause ignite when it hits an enemy.

When a skill is blocked, it is not counted as having "hit" the target.

Ignite damage is no longer scaled directly by hit damage, yes, but a skill which ignites still needs to hit in order to apply the ignite.

from wiki https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blocking

"
Blocking is a means of preventing damage from enemy attacks by fending with a shield, staff or dual wielded weapons after Evasion and Dodge has failed.

its surely block have hit , cuz you have to be hit and prevent those damage by hit

---------------------------------

and here mark confirm block have hit

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Viper strike has no more chance to hit the enemy than the default attack - they're literally using the same code for that.
Note that blocking has nothing to do with an attack hitting. If you block viper strike you won't take damage, but were still hit and will still gain a charge.

Last edited by fanity on Sep 1, 2017, 10:48:06 PM
Hey guys, I hava a question for you about the Scion's acendancy Iquisitor.

If your minions kill an enemy, does it create consecrated ground?
"
Lukorama wrote:
Hey guys, I hava a question for you about the Scion's acendancy Iquisitor.
If your minions kill an enemy, does it create consecrated ground?

No. Minions are not you, your modifiers do not apply unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Are essences of fear (+ minion life/dmg) prefixes or suffixes?
Are all essences the same or does it depend on the type of essence?
Bumping, sorry:

If I have Retch, Atziri's Acuity (or another source of instant leech), and Endless Hunger, and I'm at 100% life, and I attack an enemy with a critical strike, will the Retch's "200% of Life Leech applies to Enemies as Chaos Damage" ability trigger (because Endless Hunger lets me continue to leech at 100% life)?

Or does the instant leech cancel Endless Hunger's ability to leech above 100%, meaning that the Retch won't deal any damage?

In 2.6 it worked, but in 3.0 the interaction of Atziri's Acuity and Endless Hunger seems to have changed.

Thanks!
"
TheAmbler wrote:
Bumping, sorry:

If I have Retch, Atziri's Acuity (or another source of instant leech), and Endless Hunger, and I'm at 100% life, and I attack an enemy with a critical strike, will the Retch's "200% of Life Leech applies to Enemies as Chaos Damage" ability trigger (because Endless Hunger lets me continue to leech at 100% life)?

Or does the instant leech cancel Endless Hunger's ability to leech above 100%, meaning that the Retch won't deal any damage?

In 2.6 it worked, but in 3.0 the interaction of Atziri's Acuity and Endless Hunger seems to have changed.

Thanks!

According to Mark_GGG himself, it should work as you say. If it's not I guess it's a bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info