ormsen's guide to poe, leagues and money (updated)

Ormsen guide

So a new league is starting and I figured that some of you guys might want a good start so here is my guide for the leagues and how to make money. Some stuff i basic but there should also be some good stuff in there if you are a good poe player.

If you don’t want to read it all, here is the guide when i went over a part of it on my stream:
you can also always pm me in game, send me a private message on the forums and we can chat or talk if you want to drop by my guild's discord.
First video
http://www.twitch.tv/ormsen1/c/6392965

This post is in parts first part is the basic stuff, second part is what the labyrinth, the third part is what to pick up in a league and the last is the money making part.

The basic stuff
Spoiler
Resetting instance:

One of the first nice things to know when playing path of exile is how to reset an instance this is simply done by holding ctrl and then left clicking on that instance portal to open a window, here you’re able to join old instances and create new. Creating a new instance is at the top and older ones are below that. You can also make a new instance from the waypoint in a town or in a zone by clicking on it and then hold ctrl while clicking on the instance you want to reset.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Linking stuff in the chat:
As some of you might have seen people link different items in the chat, this is done by holding down Ctrl and Alt and then clicking on the item you want to link in chat.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
What is prefixes, suffixes and implicit stats?
so there is two pools of rolls you can get on your item one pool is called prefixes the other is called suffixes a rare item can have a maximum three of each. There are different brackets of these mods ex. Local physical damage% if the item is level one you can get the mod heavy which is 20-49% increased physical damage and so the brackets goes up when the item have higher level.
A good link for this is www.poeaffix.net that shows the prefixes to the left and the suffixes to the right.

implicit mods is a mod an item will always have a good example is the coral ring which is one of the first rings you will probably see they give 20-30 life this is an implicit mod

Items can roll different tiers of rolls, for example a chest can roll 10-119 max life, if it rolls 119 it is T1 and if it rolls 10 it is T10. There are several tiers for most mods, for example life has 10 tiers and +1 to gems in this item only has 1 tier.
If you use a divine orb on an item it can only roll within the tier that it already has rolled.
For example if a chest rolls 23 life it is T10, which is Sanguine. Sanguine can roll from 20-29 so if you use a divine orb on the chest it will likely roll higher.
Items with several T1 mods will likely be valuable.
Tier varies depending on item level, so it is better to craft items with high item level.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Commands:
You can type some different commands in the game that will help if you have macro keys I suggest getting these set up
/help
this command will show you all commands in game available for you
/claim_crafting_benches
so you don’t have to invite the masters to get the benches
/itemlevel
is to check the level of the item, you can also check item level by holding ALT over a item.
/hideout
This teleports you to your hideout.
/remaining
This is to check how many monsters are left in you instance, it shows up to 50 monsters.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The base orbs:
Anything that add quality to an item works like this: it will add 5% quality to a regular item 2% to a magic and 1% to rare and unique items, up to a max of 20% quality.

Spoiler

Armourer's Scrap will add quality to your armor which means it will raise the armor/evasion/energy shield of that item.

Blacksmith's Whetstone will add quality to your weapon which means it will raise the physical damage on that weapon.

Blessed Orb this will change the value of the implicit mod. As you may recall we talked about a coral ring that could roll 20-30 life if you say get a 20 roll the blessed orb can be used to change this so you can get a better roll.

Cartographer's Chisel this will add quality to the end game part of path of exile maps. When you get to merciless you will start finding level 66 maps and from there work up from there. (more about this later)

Chaos Orb this will change the mods and the amount of mods on a rare item it is possible to get the same amount of mods on the item multiple time when using a chaos orb. Using a Chaos Orb is like finding a new item.

Chromatic orb this changes the sockets colors as skill gems have different colors. The colors of an item is determined by the items requirements ex a item with high intelligence requirement will tend to roll more blue sockets, strength yields red and dexterity yields green. So it can be hard to get a lot of red sockets on an intelligence based item and will require a lot of chromatic orbs. You can use Vorici to help you out here. (check links at the end for the Vorici chrom help)

Divine Orb this will change the numeric values on a item and example of this. You have an item that have rolled the heavy mod like we talked about in the suffix, prefix and implicit stats part and that item could roll 20-49% increased physical damage so let's say you get a 20% roll which is the lowest you can then use the divine orb and hope to get a higher value.

Exalted Orb this will add another mod from either the prefix or the suffix pool to a rare item(up to 6 mods) if an item only have a open suffix it can only add a suffix

Gemcutter's Prism this will add 1% quality to a gem which will have different effect on the gem but in general it's good to get quality on gems. An important thing is that you can also sell a level 20 gem and one gemcutter's prism for a level 1 gem with 20% quality at any vendor. It will take you some time to level up that gem again but you save yourself 20 Gemcutter's Prisms and they are rather valuable.

Glassblower’s Bauble this will add quality to a flask which will increase the amount you recover from a life or mana flask. If it's another flask with a duration the Glassblower’s Bauble will increase the duration of the flask effect.

Jeweller's Orb this changes the amount of gem sockets in an item depending on the item level. A level 1 item can maximum get 2 sockets, a level 15 can have 3, a level 28 can have 4 a level 35 can have 5, a level 50 can have 6. Where as one handed weapons and shields maximum can have 3. Boots, helmets and gloves can have 4. Armors and two handed weapons can have 6 sockets.

Orb of Alchemy this will turn a regular item into a rare item with 4-6 mods on it

Orb of Alteration this will change the prefix and suffix on a blue item to new random prefix and suffix.

Orb of Augmentation this will add a missing prefix or suffix to an item with only one mod.

Orb of Chance this will change a regular item to either a blue a magic or an unique item the chance of getting a magic is the highest a rare item is a bit more rare and the unique is very small but it can be very rewarding. (more about this later)

Orb of Fusing this changes the amount of links in an item, the links are used to add in support gems for you skill gems. (more about this soon)

Orb of Scouring this will turn any item magic or rare into a regular item. This is often used for crafting as finding high enough bases for crafting can be hard and you therefore want to keep trying to craft your item. The orb of scouring is also used for other things such as making a blue strongbox white so that you can make it rare

Orb of Transmutation this will turn a white(regular) item into a blue(magic) item with up to 1 prefix and 1 suffix.

Regal Orb this will turn a blue(magic) item into a yellow(rare) item this is done by adding a third or a second mod. Ex if you have a magic item with one mod a prefix the regal orb will then add a mod from either the suffix or the prefix mod pool so you could get two prefixes, if the magic item have two mods the regal will add a third mod.

Vaal orb this orb is the orb of opportunity. What is important to know is that once you use a vaal orb on an item it will become corrupted which means you can't change it besides the sockets and links and you need to use masters for this and it's very expensive that aside. 1 vaal orb and do nothing besides corrupting it. 2 it can turn the item into a rare with 6 mods (sometimes it also change the sockets when this happens). 3 it can make it 6 socket. 4 it can make it 6 linked. 5 it can make white sockets a white socket means you can add any gem to it. 6 it can add/change the implicit mod.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The value of the orbs:
First of all I want to mention that the prices of the orbs varies in a league so this is some general numbers. We have chaos orbs which is the main orb that most other orb prices relate to. Then we have orb of alchemy two to three of them is worth one chaos, 1 regal is worth 1,5-2 chaos. Gemcutter's prism are worth 2 chaos orbs. In the start of a league 2 orb of fusing is worth 1 chaos but later in the league people start trading 3 fuse for 2 chaos. Cartographer's chisel is 2-3 per 1 chaos and I would say 3 is most likely. Regret orbs is worth around 1-1,5 chaos. 2 scoring orbs is worth 1 chaos. Divine orb varies a lot in the beginning it's worth very little but as we progress in the league it gets more value so I am going to set it at 8-20 chaos it's hard to price. Exalted orbs are the big money orb this also varies a lot in the start we are around 20-30 chaos then it shoots up to like 50 (warbands atm 78-80) (talisman also went to around 80) and goes back down to around 40. Normally on hardcore exalted orbs are a bit cheaper around 30. Alteration and chromatic is about the same 10-16 of them is one chaos. Jeweller's orb are 7-8 to one chaos. Chance orbs 4-6 to 1 chaos. This should cover most of it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Skill gems
There is two kinds of gems skill gems and support gems the skill gems is your attack and the support gems then affect the skill gems in some kind of way it can be scaling the damage make it crit more often increase the area of effect of area skill and a bunch of other things.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Crafting and helpful recipes
The physical based weapon recipe
normally it can be a little hard to get a nice physical roll on your weapon. You can force a decent roll by taking your weapon, a whetstone and a rare rustic sash and sell it to a vendor this will give you a nice physical roll. Then you can use a augmentation and hope for something good (that's the very cheap version) if you have a bit more then you can use a regal on it and make it rare and then use vagan the weapon master's crafting bench and craft a flat physical roll and then you'll have a 4 modded very nice item.

The spell damage based weapon recipe
Normally it can be a little hard to get a nice spell damage roll on your weapon. You can force a decent roll by taking your weapon, a whetstone and a rare chain belt and sell it to a vendor this will give you a nice spell damage roll. Then you can use a augmentation and hope for something good (that's the very cheap version) if you have a bit more then you can use a regal on it and make it rare and then use catarina's crafting bench and craft a like fire, cold or lightning damage depending on your spell and then you'll have a 4 modded very nice item

+1 to gems
You can take a magic wand a alteration orb and either a ruby(fire) sapphire(cold) or topaz(lightning) ring and craft + one to elemental gems in this item based on what kind of ring you used.

The gem flipping
Once your gem hits level 20 you can sell it to a vendor with a gemcutters prism (GCP) and you get back a level 1 with 20 quality.

Other recipes:

Making resist rings: one iron ring and a skill gem will give you a resist ring: green will give lightning, blue cold and red fire.

3 of the same base potion will give you a higher level potion

7 vaal gems and a sacrifice piece will give you a vaal gem

3 of the same type of maps will give you one of the next tier (3 level 68 = 1 level 68)

There are 3 types of two stone tings selling one of each type to a vender will give you a prismatic ring which gives all resist.

If you have a lot of quality flasks or gems you can collect 40% quality all together and sell it for a orb you get 1 gemcutter’s prism for gems and 1 glassblower’s bauble for flask. if you get a 20% quality flask it can sell for 1 bauble same goes for gems but this would be stupid as most 20% quality gems sell for 20 chaos to 1 exalted orb

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check shops when you level up and loot this stuff when it drops on the floor:
Chromatic items is an item with a red a blue and a green socket linked up when you sell these to a vendor you get a chromatic orb
6 sockets these you can start getting from weapon/armor vendors from cruel act 3 when you sell them back you get 7 jeweller’s orbs
Stone hammers, rock breakers and gavels (white only). You can use 4 whetstones to add 20% quality and then sell with any map to a vendor this will give you one chisel
All these items need to be white:

Agate amulet
Leather belt
(I will return to them later in the guide)

Leveling uniques
I do a lot melee builds and some of the really solid leveling uniques for me I have found to be slitherpinch, and wurm's molt for the leech, some good examples of other uniques that should be good for most builds are wanderlust which offers high move speed and cannot be frozen. Goldrim offers a lot of resist 30-40 and a bit of rarity. The ignomon gold amulet this have some nice elemental damage and resist for act 1 normal also the accuracy and evasion is really nice.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Strong boxes:
Strongboxes is a box that is guarded by monsters and when the monsters are killed you get a lot of loot depending on what kind of box we are talking about. The mods on a strongbox can be affected by transmutations alterations alchemy chaos scour, so this is why I always have some of them with me once i get some more money. Also using a vaal orb on a strong box will corrupt the items within the strongbox.

Spoiler
Normal strongbox this can drop anything from the other boxes when I get to 75+ maps I try to roll more items on them or guarded by 3 magic packs for more loot.

Large same as normal just drops more items. I try to use my vaal orbs on these if it have the drops mirrored items mod if not then just same as normal strong box.

Ornate same as normal but with higher rarity. I try to use my vaal orbs on these if it have the drops mirrored items mod if not then just same as normal strong box.

(and also if you sell the normal and the mirrored item together there's a recipe that gives you one chance orb)

Diviners this one drop divination cards and can be a good way to make some extra money, I normally go for 2-3 quantity mods, this being something like extra cards (drops cards that give uniques, currencies) or the normal quantity or box contain extra items.

Arcanist this drops currency orbs like alteration transmutation alchemy chaos exalted orbs so it is always good roll + items or quantity on them

Armourer this drops armor so I do not really care about them.

Artisan this drops armor scraps, whetstones, chisels and gemcutters. So it is always good roll + items or quantity on them.

Blacksmith this drops weapons so I do not really care about them

Chemist this drops potions it can be really helpful in the start of a league if you find one with the mod contains items with +% quality but I do not roll them

Gemcutter this drops skills gems and it's very important to roll contained gems have experience as this can drop you level 19 gems also if your luck you get +% quality and that will give you a lot of nice quality gems

Jeweller this drops jewelry like rings amulet and belts once you get to 75+ maps it's a good idea to use vaal orbs on them as all the items within gets corrupted and some of them are likely to get the 6 mod corruption so you get some nice jewelry and if they are bad you can still use them for the vendor recipes (which I will talk about later)

Cartographer once you get to endgame maps (which is next on the list of topics) you might get lucky and find a cartographer's strongbox these boxes drop maps so it is important to make them rare and get + items or quantity together with a contains mirrored items as this will double the amount of maps you get if you have a very strong build you can also use a vaal orb on it once you have all the good mods on it and thereby get corrupted maps. Some of the corrupted maps will be very hard while others will be easy but the important thing is that once a map have been corrupted the boss have a chance to drop sacrifice pieces which is used to kill atziri one of the big bosses of this game they can be sold for a nice profit or you can try your luck against atziri for the possibility of great loot.

Maps:
when you get to around level 64 and have completed most of act 3 on merciless you can start getting into maps. Maps will drop as you play on merciless or from piety one of the main bosses (she have like 50% chance to drop a map) the first maps you find will be level 68 (tier 1) and when you’re inside a map monsters within that map will also drop maps. All magic and rare monsters can drop up to +1 level maps and bosses will drop up to +2. So killing monster in the maps will slowly give you higher and higher level maps all the way up to 82 (tier 15) which is endgame maps and then there is level 16 which is the guardians which was included in the atlas expansion. Sometimes when you play a map you do not get any map drops and you might struggle keeping your map pool running in the beginning. But when you get a nice pool going you won't need to think about farming piety for more maps. I have found that the best way to get higher level maps is by increasing the pack size on maps this can be done with some different mods. when rolling a map every mod on it gives increased quantity and rarity, while some mods also gives pack size like curses, less recovery rate and elemental equilibrium. It is important
to try to get to level 75 (tier 8) maps as this is where you start getting item level 75 items for regal recipe. Also when you’re running your maps i suggest to start alching them from tier 8 and then also chisel from tier 10. i found that this helped me building my map pool.

The atlas:
The atlas is also a great way to get better map drops when you start out and have no progression on the atlas you have a 0% bonus and every time to you complete a map's special objective (white maps (1-4 needs to be magic, yellow maps 5-9 needs to be rare and red maps 10-16 needs to be rare and corrupted) for the first time you will get +1% bonus each % gives you a flat chance to get a map that is one level higher than what the monsters are usually able to give this means that at 100% u can get +2 from normal monsters and +3 from bosses so it's important to try to get as high a bonus as you can.

also a very nice video guide here below by all time favorite ZiggyD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vcBnTC2-N8

The masters
The masters offers a lot of unique ways of crafting it is therefore important to level them as much as you can also they will offer you daily quests with high area level once they are level 8. They also start offering you special items with unique mods on them called master mods or signature mods.
The masters starts selling the signature mod items at level 4 so I strong suggest getting them to level 4. you should be able to get them to level 6 without much effort and that means you can use most of the crafting which is really nice. Also at level 6 the start offering you a special discount currency exchange that can help you out. Sometimes the also sell you a skill gem with quality which is almost always worth buying to sell to other players or make GCP's.

If you are able to get them to level 8 they will sometimes sell you a unique item and some of them will have a really nice price so you can buy these items and make some money or use them.
You can reset their shop once a day by doing their daily quest but you do not need to complete it as long as you just start the quest you’re fine.

Spoiler
Eleron signature mod -(4 - 8) mana cost of skills jewelry only these are very helpful for leveling and therefore you can sell them at a nice profit if you get some good mods on them like life or resist. What I do is I buy them every day after doing my daily and use orb of augmentation to see what I get most can sell for 1-8 chaos. Eleron offers you 20 jews for 32 alts.

Haku signature mod + (3 - 6) quality to support gems in this item, if you are going to play a lot in a league you can buy one or two of these and level a empower gem in your offhand in this as it will then level faster. Also getting 20 quality on it will help and it gets you +130% experience on that gem, but it is a very hard gem to level. Once they are level 3 you can try to use a vaal orb on it and pray to RNgesus that it will turn into a level 4 because then you have a 30-40 exalted orb gem you can sell. Haku offers you 20 alteration for 64 augmentation (you tend to use a lot of augmentation so I would not take this offer)

Tora signature mod causes bleeding on hit I do not really use these items as they are only item level 59 so you can't make anything good. she offers you 20 chromatic orbs for 48 jews (very bad trade do not do it hehe)

Catarina signature mod +1 to level of support gems in this item, I do not see any use for this. she offers you 30 scouring orbs for 96 chance orbs (I never take this trade as I want to use my chance orbs for something else (more about this later))

Vorici signature mod +(20 - 40)% increased life leech rate this might be useful for someone I never buy them. He offers you 20 fusing orbs for 64 jews (this is a very nice trade and I try to make this every day)

Vagan signature mod hits cannot be evaded this is a very good mod I always look if he is selling a dagger with this mod as they are worth a lot for people that want to use the support gem cast on critical hit. these daggers will sell for 8 chaos easy and some of them costs many exalts so that's a good way to make money if you find some. he offers you 10 alchemy orbs for 8 regret orbs (that's a bad trade you can trade with other players and get around 20)

Zana She offers you a pretty decent signature mod on maps “This Map's Modifiers to Quantity of Items found also apply to Rarity (Zana's, prefix).” She offers 20 chisels for 12 chaos (bad offer trading with players can get you up to 36). The reason why zana is so good is her daily quest is a free map and you can even get unique maps and very rarely she opens a map called untainted paradise which is very good for experience spots on this map can be sold for 1 chaos and all the way up to 1 exalted orb depending on how bad people want to join.

The Labyrinth
Spoiler
The Labyrinth
As a new player, you might be wondering what the labyrinth is! The labyrinth is a special set of zones, which reset every day.If you finish it, you will be able to enchant your gloves, boots and helmet – depending on which difficulty you are in.When completing the labyrinth once in each difficulty you get to pick an ascendancy class.There are three different ascendancies for each class, and one for the Scion. The Scion’s ascendency allows you to pick two mini-ascendancies depending on which ones you find the most relevant for your build. You get a total of 6 ascendency points to allocate in your designated ascendency class tree, 2 for each difficulty you complete.Respeccing these points requires 5 respec points per ascendancy point.
However, before you can enter the labyrinth, you must complete a set of six trials of ascendancy, which are situated in the following zones:

Spoiler
I. The Lower Prison (Act 1) - Spike traps
a. The spike traps are traps that impale you with spikes, which rise from the ground at set intervals, these usually have a distinguishable pattern of the rising spikes.They deal physical damage and give you a bleed stack.

II. The Crypt Level 1 (Act 2) - Spiked log traps
a. The spiked log traps are traps that travel on visible metal lines on the ground and deal physical damage, which increases the closer you are to the center of the traps.

III. The Chamber of Sins 2 (Act 2) - Saw blade traps
a. The saw blade traps travel on the ground in a straight line. They deal physical damage that stays the same no matter your relative location to the trap.

IV. The Crematorium (Act 3) - The floor is lava!
a. The floor gets hot at set intervals, dealing fire damage, and cools down after a few seconds.
V. The Catacombs (Act 3) - Roomba traps
a. The roombas are flying circles of doom, which fly in linear patterns. You can see from the scratched floor, and just like the spiked log traps they deal more damage the closer you are to the center, except these can kill you in less than 2 seconds in merciless.

VI. The Hedge Maze (Act 3) - Poison dart traps
a. The poison darts are either shot from the wall or small pillars, they deal physical damage on hit and give you a poison stack, and they slow you.

NOTE: Traps deal damage as a percentage of your HP over time, though it can be reduced by armor or resists.
You can also find the trials on the minimap, as they are accompanied by a piece of lore indicated by a book, and a green skull.

Alright, now that you're done with the trials, let's continue on to what you will encounter in the labyrinth. Expect a lot of traps, and a lot of deaths TO the traps
Every time you enter a new zone in the labyrinth you will be presented with option to click on a map stone that shows you where you are and what might await you in the zone you just entered. On the map you are presented with circles that might have an icon on them. Hover over them with your mouse to learn what they are. They correspond to what you can find in the zone.

First of all, there are two types of doors: Silver doors and golden doors.
I. Silver doors
a. Opened by silver keys, these signify the existence of an "Ascendant's Treasures", an "Emperor's Cache", an "Intricate Locker" or a Mysterious Darkshrine that grants a random effect.
i. Darkshrine effects last throughout the whole labyrinth run
ii. Silver key zones can also contain a secret passage to the golden key zones, which can be found by checking a fountain or a pool of water, if it gets a white glow when you mouse over it, it's a secret passage!

II. Golden doors
a. Opened by golden keys, these have to be opened in order to proceed to the next area.
i. Golden key zones are always adjacent to the golden door zones, and are always nearby a golden door.
Keys can be found in their own zones in the labyrinth, and are reached by completing a gauntlet of traps.

A few other kind of zones are the Forgotten Reliquary and the Aspirant's Trial. The Forgotten Reliquary contains a trinket, which will help you in the upcoming Izaro fight in the Aspirant's Trial. The trinkets – just like the keys – are contained behind a gauntlet of traps.
Per labyrinth you will encounter three Aspirant's Trials. The first two Izaro fights have special challenges that if left unmet will render the subsequent fights harder.The last one is an Izaro fight with the presence of traps in the room with a few safe spots, which is also dictated by how you completed the special conditions from the previous Izaro fights. Every Izaro fight ends when you take away 33% of Izaro's max HP, technically chopping up the big fight into three small fights.
Izaro’s first two phases can be chosen from a pool of 8 different special conditions:

I. Conduit
a. Three statues, one for each element, are located in each corner of the room. While active they provide Izaro with increased damage, added damage, and resistance to the corresponding element. The statues can be clicked to deactivate them for a short time. Any statues active when Izaro is defeated continue to provide their benefits through any remaining encounters.
b. TRINKET: Cube of Absorption – Disables a conduit statue for the remainder of the fight

II. Charge Disruptors
a. Izaro will gain frenzy charges throughout the encounter, granting him bonuses to damage, speed, and defense. Charges can be removed by activating one of three Charge Disruptors. Each Charge Disruptor can be activated once. Any charges active on Izaro at the end of the encounter will persist as permanent charges for any remaining encounters.
b. TRINKET: Cogs of Disruption – The first Charge Disruptor you use will reactivate after a short while.

III. Elemental Essences
a. Three elemental essences, Burning Essence, Freezing Essence and Crackling Essence, that take the form of Golems will join the fight one after another. After rising out of the floor, they will slowly walk towards Izaro, attempting to bond with him.If they reach Izaro, they disappear, giving bonuses to him for the remainder of the fight. Each golem is one of the three elements, and will give Izaro added damage, resistance, and a chance of status ailment of this respective element. Not killed essences will return for any remaining fights instead as Golems, which will act in a manner similar to their wild counterparts.
b. TRINKET: Orb of Elemental Essence – The first Elemental Essence you damage is killed instantly.

IV. Gargoyles
a. Izaro will summon three gargoyles to join him in the fight, one after another. Once a gargoyle reaches the floor, it will remain stationary for several seconds. During this time, the gargoyle can be damaged, but has a high degree of damage mitigation, making killing them challenging. Once the gargoyle is active, it will take substantially more damage from the player, but will actively attack the player, as well as give bonuses to Izaro. The Gargoyle will channel a beam at Izaro to show that it's active. The gargoyles each provide one of three benefits, appearing in no particular order.
Granite-infused Gargoyle will provide damage reduction, Basalt-infused Gargoyle will provide increased damage dealt, and Quicksilver-infused Gargoyle will provide increased movement speed. If any gargoyles remain alive, their bonuses will persist for any remaining fights.
b. TRINKET: Heart of the Gargoyle – The first Gargoyle you damage is killed instantly.
V. Idols
a. Three Idols will spawn in each corner, one for each element. These Idols start with minimum Life and cannot die. Each Idol will slowly regenerate Life over time. At full Life, the idol will cast Fire/Ice/Lightning Beacon, creating multiple delayed explosion in random areas that deals elemental damage (the same explosions as Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers Bloodlines enemies), then return to minimum Life.Any of the Idols that used Fire/Ice/Lightning Beacon at least once will return in the remaining fights.
b. TRINKET: Sand of Eternity – The first Idol you damage will not regenerate health.

VI. Lieutenants
a. Over the course of the encounter, Izaro will summon a skeletal Lieutenant for each element, which will resist and deal damage of the corresponding element: Lieutenant of Rage, Lieutenant of the Bow and Lieutenant of the Mace. All Lieutenants that were not killed will appear in all following Izaro battles.
b. TRINKET: Bane of the Loyal – The first Lieutenant you damage is killed instantly.

VII. Summoning Portals
a. The portals will spawn in a corner, one at a time. These portals constantly summon Skeletal Mages of a specific element. The portal stops spawning skeletons once it is destroyed. Any portals not destroyed will return in the remaining fights.
b. TRINKET: Portal Shredder – The first Portal you damage is destroyed instantly.

VIII. Fonts
a. Three fonts, Font of Fragility, Font of Lethargy and Font of Elements, will spawn one after another. Fonts will enter the fight with a health pool, and while active will curse the player with Vulnerability, Temporal Chains and Elemental Weakness respectively. Upon killing a font, it casts an empowered curse of its type for 10 second If a font is not killed by the end of the fight, its curse will be active for any remaining fights.
b. TRINKET: Rod of Detonation – The first Font you damage is destroyed instantly.

Though focusing on these may prove useful in the later fights, do not forget that Izaro has a few moves of his own:

I. Ground Slam- Raises his weapon up then slams the ground, dealing heavy physical damage in an area in front of him. Identical to Voll's attack, but with a smaller area of effect.
II. Leap Slam - Leaps at the player and slams the ground, dealing heavy physical damage
III. Shield Bash - Charges up, then dashes forward and swings his shield, dealing heavy physical damage on contact. Almost identical to Voll's attack.
IV. Ground Wave - Sends a wave that travels forward, dealing damage when it hits.
V. Spikes - Izaro strikes the ground and channels, releasing spikes from the ground at the player's location. The spiky ground deals damage over time and slows.
VI. Radiant Slash - Winds up and slashes, releasing a huge projectile forward, dealing heavy damage.

Izaro is also assisted by the Goddess of Justice – the green lady ghost that follows him around – she also has some moves:
I. Mortar Barrage - Lobs mortars towards the player, dealing Fire damage in an area when they land.
II. Summon Skeletons - Bombards a random area, each explosion summoning a skeleton.
III. Teleport - Casts a green circle around Izaro and a random area in a trapped area. After a delay, anyone within Izaro's circle will be teleported to the other circle. Only used on the 3rd fight and on Cruel and Merciless.
Depending on if you got rid of the special conditions during the first two Izaro fights, you will receive extra treasure keys if the fight was harder, up to two extra keys for each fight in which you ignored the special conditions.
Every labyrinth run, you can find Argus in one of the rooms, which when killed drops an extra treasure key, but he can be as dangerous as Izaro, depending on your build. He has a charge attack similar to the Act 4 minotaur's charge, a Sunder attack which deals heavy physical damage, and a Blood Rage effect, which gives him a dark red glow and a huge increase in attack and movement speed.
NOTE: The labyrinth resets DAILY, which means that every 24 hours the whole labyrinth changes – the Izaro fights, Argus' location, the reliquaries, the golden and silver doors – EVERYTHING.

Last edited by ormsen1 on Nov 5, 2016, 6:55:42 PM
Last bumped on Nov 5, 2016, 7:05:15 PM
The basic stuff for trading
Spoiler
“Ormsen’s, patent pending, ultimate POE sales guide”
Have you ever walked around thinking “there is so much loot on the floor and I don’t know what to pick up!?” First of all, a loot filter is a great thing to get–here, you can use mine https://jpst.it/GCN0 or NeverSink’s loot filter, which is a very nice one. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208
This is a guide mainly focused on picking up items to sell for profit. Remember to always look for items that might benefit your current build.
One of the most useful tools for finding out what to pick up is poewiki.http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki look at the highest 1-3 tiers of items of each type.
The stats on gear fall in different categories depending on the item level of the item. http://Poeaffix.net is a great website to see if the stat you are looking at is as high or as close to as it can get.
here is a list of what rare item bases you should pick up, for best profit, the rest you can leave. i always say, the more time you spend farming and less time vendoring and selling, the more money you make.
Gear:
Spoiler
On most gear you would look for high base defense, life, resistances and movement speed for boots. Gloves can have attack speed physical damage and leech, which can be good if combined with nice resistances and life.
Armor
(hybrid armors are rarely worth anything, so I don’t pick them up).
Spoiler

Gloves
Spoiler

Boots
Spoiler

Helmets
Spoiler

Shields, (Energy shield bases are usually what sells the best.)
Spoiler

Weapons:
Spoiler
When it comes to weapons I only pick up daggers, wands and scepters as these have the highest chance of being good.
I pick up all rare daggers and all wands
One of the important things to look for, is if it is a spell damage, a physical damage or an elemental damage wand/dagger/scepter.
If the item contains two different things like for example spell damage and increased physical damage it is in 9/10 times a bad dagger/wand/scepter.

Stat combinations, you want to look for are:
The non-crit dagger/wand/scepter (spell)
pure spell damage, with an elemental damage and maybe some elemental damage to spells and cast speed
The crit dagger/wand/scepter (spell)
Here you will look for spell crit and crit multi,% extra spell damage, cast speed and elemental damage to spell.
So just like the non crit one just with spell crit and multi on it.
The non crit dagger/wand/scepter (physical)
Here you want increased physical damage (around 100), adds xx-xx (something like 20-30 would be ok) physical damage to attacks and increased attack speed
The crit dagger/wand/scepter (physical)
Same as before just also with crit and crit multi, (remember that it must be increased critical strike chance and not increased critical strike chance for spells)

Rings:
Spoiler
Rings, belts and amulets I pick them all!
There are a lot of different mods on rings, belts and amulets so I am going to try and cover as much as I can.
Physical rings:
Here you want the adds xx-xx physical damage to attacks, attack speed (optional) resist and life
Elemental rings:
Adds xx-xx elemental damage, increased weapon elemental damage, resist and life. Or resist and energy shield for chaos inoculation rings
Resistance ring:
Loooots of resist and some life/energy shield
Note: It can also be good to have some accuracy on the elemental rings or on the diamond rings as some builds sometimes need accuracy when not picking resolute technique.

Amulets:
Spoiler
Physical amulets: (crit and non crit)
Here you want adds xx-xx physical damage to attacks, resist and life (crit and crit multi for crit)
Elemental amulet:
Adds xx-xx elemental damage, increased weapon elemental damage, resist and life. (Resistances and energy shield for chaos inoculation amulets (crit and crit multi for crit))
Resistance amulet:
Normally people try to get damage on the amulet but if you do get one with a lot of resist and life/energy shield it can still sell (people sometimes need to fix their resistance problems and get damage from other places.)

Belts:
Spoiler
People normally use the belts to fix their resist so look for a lot of resist and life/energy shield, and high armor. Builds that would buy the elemental rings would also like to get increased elemental damage with weapons on the belt so that’s also a nice one to keep an eye out for.

Flasks:
Spoiler
I pick up quality flasks and when I have a stash tab full I vendor them for glassblower’s baubles that I can use to get quality on my other flasks. If you are in a guild it can also be a good idea to pick up the utility flasks as other members might need them, (all the non life, mana, hybrid flasks).

Hammer:
Spoiler
I pick up white stone hammers, rock breakers and gavels as these with 20 quality (use 4 whetstones on them) and a map will give me a cartographer’s chisel that I need for the higher tier maps.

Quality gems:
Spoiler
Same as with the flasks here I try to sell them and the ones that don’t sell I vendor when I have one full inventory for gemcutter’s prisms (GCPS)

Stuff for alch’ing:
Spoiler
Normally I pick up all diamond rings with an item level above 75 and alch them. This is the most profitable base. You could also pick up the two-stone rings and the ruby, topaz and sapphire rings. This is a little riskier but can still give some good profit. (I had around 5 non diamond rings that sold close to an exalted on perandus league and many really nice diamond rings.)
When alch’ing amulets you can pick up turquoise, agate and citrine. The amulets that turn out not to be good can be converted into an unidentified onyx amulet for an extra chance for profit:
any amulet + green gem + blue skill gem + red skill gem = unidentified onyx amulet
Crafting jewelry is a good way to get the money you need for gear. However, this is for people who know a little more about what mods to look for. If you want to give it a try my suggestion is to look on http://poe.trade/ to find the right price and stats that sell well.
As for unique I pick up all and look them up on http://poe.trade/ and if they are worth less than 1 chaos orb I vendor them for alchemy shards

The money making part
a very important thing for making money is getting the shop program Procurement this can be downloaded for free and it really helps you. There is a link at the end of this post.
you can also get Acquisition

If you feel like supporting GGG you can buy some premium stash tabs and use them for your shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595024

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler
Skill gems
the skill gem system was changed but i still find that some gems are sellable. some of the best ones are the drop only such as added chaos damage (4-6 chaos in start of league goes down to 1) and Empower/Enlighten(always kinda high like 15-20 (ofc more if quality))

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The jewels:
these can be worth a lot but are kinda harder to craft you need to know a bit about the game and the builds to get the most profit. but in general u can go for gems with life and damage (make sure it’s the same kind of damage, as in for example axe damage 1/2 handed damage phy damage). As for spell casters spell damage, cast speed, life and crit is nice (just make sure it's not like fire damage and cold crit).

Vendor recipes for money
Remember to make chaos and regal recipes this is done with ilevel 60+ for chaos and ilevel 75+ for regals. You need a full set of gear (2 rings amulet belt boots gloves armor helmet 2 handed weapon) you can check the item level of an item by having it in your hand and type in the chat /itemlevel. If all the items are identified they will give you 1 orb if they are unidentified you get 2 orbs if they are unidentified and have 20% quality you get 3 orbs .

Alching jewelry
So when you play 75+ maps you'll be finding a lot of ilevel 75 jewelry that can be alched and if it's bad you can still use it for the regal recipe and as one regal is worth 3-5 alchemy orbs you don't really lose any money and you will get lucky if you keep doing this and get some nice 1-2 ex jewelries. It is very hard to get good belts but you also have to alch some of these so you have for the regal recipes.

Offhand leveling gems
Another way I make a lot of money in a league is by leveling gems offhand in my second weapon slot I have already talked about haku weapons and how they can help you level up empower gems. What I normally level up is purity of fire and then vaal them to try to get a level 21 you can sell a level 20 corrupted for 15-30 chaos and a level 21 for 2-5 exalted orbs. Another thing you can do is try to figure out what builds a popular at the time you play and then level them because they will sell at a very nice price. Do note you need int dex and str to level them so level whatever gems you have attributes for.

Stuff you can use your chance orbs for
Here's a list of items you can collect as they can be chance’d for good gear or sold off for a nice passive profit. (not all items will sell to other players during torment the items people bought was agate amulets, leather belts and moonstone rings)
First we have the name of the unique item, then the item base which is the item you want to be looking for (it needs to be white) and then the league where you can craft it in. Any means you can just chance it right away except from the gavel you want 20% quality on that first for the chisel recipe. They way to get into an old league is by using Zana's map devise it will open up old leagues for a price.
Spoiler
unique name --- base---league

voll's devotion ---- agate amulet --anarchy/onslaught

headhunter ---- leather belt---nemesis

shavronne's wrappings ---- occultist's vestment---any

skyforth----- Sorcerer Boots ------ any

void battery --- prophecy wand .-------any

Useful links:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/549432
this is a very nice guide there is some stuff I didn't cover and you can probably find it here.
https://code.google.com/p/procurement/
this is the link for procurement there are also some nice videos and guides for how to set it up this is a link for my personal template. https://justpaste.it/k1kz
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
this is the poe wiki if there is anything you want to know search here.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Strongbox
this is also poe wiki but the link to strongboxes it's helpful to have this link open until you know all the strongboxes my heart.
https://poebuilder.com
this is poebuilder a nice place to make you builds you can also use the path of exile skill tree but this offers a bit more information if you really want to look at all the details. (but be careful not to get confused).
http://www.poemods.com
this is the page I use if I choose to craft it's really good to see what mods you can get on an item.
http://poe.trade
this is the trading page it is where most people buy their stuff from.
http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Voricis crafting bench is used to craft sockets and change the colors but should you use him for recoloring or just do it the old fashion way? this page can help you calculating the statistic so you know what to do
http://poetools.com/experience-penalty/
this link you can use to see what zone you should be farming to gain the most experience
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UJrKOMRSX0o_-PhiJ3ifzlLFn0bUSa7UjJgfjr8Hi0U/edit
a helpful doc with a lot of information, a good read if you have the time.
https://poe.mikelat.com/
This website calculates the amount of mana or health you will reserve with your auras. Useful for builds that use many auras.
http://poeaffix.net/ another link like poemods
http://www.twitch.tv/ormsen1
this is my personal stream on twitch I try to stream a lot feel free to drop by and ask any kind of question I will help you out to the best of my ability. if I am offline check the description for my mini schedule to see when I am going live next time.

Last edited by ormsen1 on Nov 5, 2016, 7:04:34 PM
should be updated do tell me if I am missing anything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info