How much money have you wasted/spent on PoE?

20 bucks .. wont do anymore

stash tab bundle,
skin changers
skin changers on sale
have 10 coins left

HATE the idea of mtx and dlc in ALL games PASSIONATELY
... but my buddy bought alot, and i played this game alot
game's worth $20
all their mtx is OVERPRICED imo .. otherwise id say game is worth like $50 -60

id like portal effect or footprints .. but theyre overpriced imo
most mtx shouldnt be more than like $3 imo, maybe a $10, a $20 but like 60 percent of the items should be under $5 .. theyre not. so F them

also, stash tabs are pay2win became obvious after i bought them lol
i NEVER had room to sell much with the default, and now im getting exalts (well many chaos) from crap id vendor before
Last edited by CaoMengde on Feb 21, 2016, 5:25:24 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
CaoMengde wrote:
20 bucks

Thanks on behalf of GGG for your support!

That's almost two large pizzas if they're not being fancy about it. Or 1.5 decent burgers. Or just over a case of coke zero.

Gotta keep those dev fires stoked.

If that came from someone at GGG it would be a PR disaster.

The reality is, $20 is 2x more than most games on steam sale. And it's around the retail cost of new indie games, like grimrock I/II, torchlight I/II, victor vran, etc. The PC game market is crowded. In most cases the days of paying $20/month for a game are long gone.

Based on my steam purchase history, $20 =
Metro 2033 redux + Metro last light redux + shadowrun: dragonfall - director's cut + counterstrike global offensive + deus ex human revolution director's cut
or
dead island GOTY + borderlands GOTY + (fallout 3 GOTY or new vegas ultimate)
or
legend of grimrock + witcher 2 + dragon age origins ultimate

Humble bundles get even more ridiculous.

Comparing these things to PoE MTX prices, I have to laugh at the "micro". Ultimately we look at it as a donation/support/contribution for a free game rather than as the purchase of a mtx. But after $40, $60, or even just $20, it can get hard for the typical gamer to justify additional support.

If/when the whales stop contributing GGG is really going to need to shift toward mainstream. Maybe start doing repeat supporter discounts (i.e. increasing discounts on additional stash tabs after buying beyond a threshold, and/or very large stash tab bundles (i.e. 50 tab bundle)). People eventually reach a limit where they feel they've offered sufficient support and want more value for additional purchases.

There are many developers and awesome games I try to support, sometimes before waiting for a sale (like the first stash tab bundles I bought, before GGG even ran MTX sales). For me to throw more money toward GGG, one of these things needs to happen:
a. offline mode
b. bulk stash tabs priced much, much lower than ~$1.9/tab (10x lower; such that spending another $20-$40 would make you never worry about stash issues/ remove only tab conversion).
c. crazy high self-found reward/time increases, like +10000% mirror drop rates.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
viciousnugget wrote:
"
XigTek wrote:

(I also did it because I'm too lazy to click 200 point purchases repeatedly. The gargoyle part was mostly sarcasm. Because if I use anything bigger than say, ferrets, I tend to spam click them in game. Instead, pets occupy my HO)
I thought I was the only one who does that. I have a zoo in my hideout. I only use the undead hand pet that I got for Halloween a couple years ago. Anything bigger and I move to attack it when I get in a group of mobs.

Yup. Mini-Pets are awesome, but oh man do they get more than their fair share of spells/cyclones/etc thrown their way.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
Vhlad wrote:
The reality is, $20 is 2x more than most games on steam sale.

reality is: you have to pay for these games before you can play them.

apples, oranges anyone?

if 10% of players here support the game, that would be alot.
reality again is: there are alot of freeloaders with all sorts of excuses why not to support the game. they don't care (ok, some maybe really can't afford to support).

anyway, ggg should have split the game some time ago, one free part and one paid part (so the game is free basically). it's a fact that most people are on the trip: "if it ain't cost anything it ain't worth anything". you can't change them, only charge them.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 21, 2016, 9:17:52 PM
Hmmm, only 800 points worth or so, pretty much all spent on stash tabs. I feel like I owe the game more given the number of hours I have played. Or does the game owe me more for my time? Or both? Or neither? Does it matter?
130$ for a pack and stashes, fair price for the quality of the game in general and the time spent on it.
Will consider buy more the day death penalty is removed.
The frustration this mechanism brings to me doesn't justify to spend more.
$60 is what I paid for this pack and I'll never spend a dollar more, no matter how fun a game is and how much I play it, if people spend more on a game it's foolish
I feel though the title is a bit too offensive. If possible can't we change the title to "How much money have you spent on Supporting PoE" Also I'm just waiting till I get a job again till I spend money on games again.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
$60 is what I paid for this pack and I'll never spend a dollar more, no matter how fun a game is and how much I play it, if people spend more on a game it's foolish

Quality opinion.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
And before anyone goes complaining how expensive it is to be a nerd, go google how much sporting equipment costs.

Played hockey all my life, startup costs on new gear + skates is around $1200. Then you outgrow it constantly through middle school/high school. Skates need replaced, and are $300-400 a pair.

Probably spent about $5-6,000 in total from middle school to high school playing hockey when all is said and done (includes travel, outside hours practice, camps, etc.).

And I have spent way more time playing PoE than I did playing hockey.
IGN: Emfx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info