Harbingers

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Harbingers are like divorces. Yes, they cost a lot. Why? Because they're worth it.

its really just physical harbingers that are expensive
many people havent hopped on the voltaxic train yet. physical harbingers are worthless now...

hell even before voltaxic one of our best guildies always went elemental harbingers rather than physical. got twice the dps for a 10th of the cost. the only reason why physical harbingers were so good in the past was because elemental bows lacked leech and have to offer up a gem slot to the dark gods to work which made their damage not competitive.

Now that the duelist tree has those everything leech nodes there realistically is no reason to bother with physical harbingers right now if you can buy a decently rolled elemental one instead.

im thinking it will take a bit more time for people to realize this.

just get a bow with 3 decent elemental rolls ,an attack speed roll and master on a crit chance roll.

go frenzy /power charges/ crit / elemental instead of physical bow nodes and you have a winner.

elemental attacks are definitely a thing now. I mean, they always were but the fuss with sustaining life and mana just made them rarely worth it if you can afford an epic physical weapon and you dont mind paying for it. Now its game on, and yeah I dont think the markets and builds have fully caught on yet.
This is why you should never buy mirrored items this late in the game's cycle. The meta changes at such a profoundly fast pace that nothing is safe from being replaced by a better cheaper alternate.

In some cases, made obsolete. At the very least you can find harbingers at 280 instead of 300 exalts. Those 20 saved exalts were enough to make a fully end game capable ele build.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Truth be told I can only think of 2 reasons..

1) Ranged = cruise control. High damage from a safe distance,aoe clear and good leech. Anything that makes it even easier to do this will cost a truck load.

2) Most poe players suffer from a cognitive deficit. Phys crit bows are by far the easiest phys crit type weapons to craft because they do not have caster mods to worry about. FacePalm.

I have a level 94 bow shadow. I have a 6L 350pdps harbinger, it does quite fine even in T15's. Perhaps you should focus on getting a 6L bow of similar dps to yours rather than a 400dps one. Just my two cents.
"
I am not fucking reading that until you format it NAIT where the fuck are you format this.

It's my day off.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Harbingers are like divorces. Yes, they cost a lot. Why? Because they're worth it.

You're the man, player.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Okay, I have to put in a cent here. I roll harbingers plenty, I currently have a Merciless of Incision 5 Link 6 Socket for sale in SC. I get "lucky" according to my guildies as they seem to think I roll it often. What they and everyone else dont see are the HUNDREDS of alts and augs it takes to get that roll. Now, I know that most of the time I wont get what I have invested into said bow back, but I would like to try to recoup some of what I put into it to keep rolling said mods. So, yea it seems expensive but try to see it from a diffrent perspective.
dat wall of text

I skip'd them
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
M E T A
E
T
A T E M

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info