Soulthirst, Event 4: Headhunter Solo

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Dead characters will still receive reward points.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Beacon (Unique Golden Flame) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 22: 10 Reward Points.
  • Level 19-21: 8 Reward Points.
  • Level 16-18: 7 Reward Points.
  • Level 12-15: 6 Reward Points.
  • Level 9-11: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 6-8: 2 Reward Points.
  • Level 4-5: 1 Reward Point.

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Mercy Mission (The Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Dweller of the Deep (The Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Caged Brute (The Upper Prison): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Marooned Mariner (The Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Den: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Catacombs: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art The Princess Unique Item (50 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Would be good if you put the description of the Headhunter race mod in the description.
"
Overcrash wrote:
Would be good if you put the description of the Headhunter race mod in the description.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
I thought GGG was getting rid of death penalties and "side area clearing" points to focus on pure racing. I Guess that starts next season?
Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
"
I thought GGG was getting rid of death penalties and "side area clearing" points to focus on pure racing. I Guess that starts next season?

The "Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive" line was a copy and paste error Dan said he would fix in the next day or so. Last staff post here.

Side area clearing and first to complete quests is only being removed from Signature events. That way the season signature events are much more focused on the pure race element. Source.
Last edited by ChronoExile on Nov 2, 2015, 8:26:45 AM
The best race at 5AM EST?!?!?!

Proof that GGG hates east coaster's.
"Headhunter: When you kill a rare monster, you gain all its mods for 20 seconds. Every monster pack has a rare monster (even the Twilight Strand). This race type is voided."
"
Fightgarr wrote:
The best race at 5AM EST?!?!?!

Proof that GGG hates east coaster's.

Yeah, USA time zones not a WIN this season. Even West coast at 2am and 6am for the season "morning" races. That's killer for our sleep cycle.

The WIN though is 155 races like they had in the first season races!! Now just to get GGG to make the prize pool rewards back up from 5 to 9-10.

Also, not losing points to death is a BIG WIN! I know a lot would get so upset (me included) to race 55+ minutes into a 1 hour race, and die like 1-2 minutes from the end. RIP those points, and turns some off to racing again (least for a bit). Now we all can more safely weigh the risks for a higher payout.

I think this race season allows those medium to high end racers to once again be able to attain a 1,000 point item, and the moderate to occasional racer a much higher chance at earning the 100, 250 or even 500 point rewards at a decent commitment. Before 120 races meant like 9-10 points a race on average to get a 1,000 point item, which I can say was only attainable by the top 20+ racers. Now it's 6-7 points, which with some of the revisions on the point rewards I think could be a reality. Likely though by the end of the season to turn into a zombie from being sleep deprived. LOL!

Least you will have chicken (Yeah, Leroy Jenkins)....I mean shiny rewards. hehe.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏

And it begins, woot!
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
"
Snapfire wrote:

The WIN though is 155 races like they had in the first season races!! Now just to get GGG to make the prize pool rewards back up from 5 to 9-10.

Yes i agree with you reward pool should be upped to what it was before 9-10 rewards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info