Witch tips for act 2 please?

Hi, I'm new to racing and managed to get to act 2 using freezing pulse + added lighting damage.

However I can't seem to progress quick enough in act 2, what should be the best route with a mix of both safety and speed?

Should I go to chamber of sins or stright to the weaver?

I also can't manage to kill alira, she is too tanky.

Wich level should I kill the bandits?

TY
Last edited by Gordyne on Sep 4, 2015, 1:22:48 PM
You can figure out optimal order of progression based on the zone levels.

14 The Old Fields
15 The Crossroads
16 Broken Bridge
17-18 Chamber of Sins
15 The Riverways
17 The Western Forest (kill Alira)
18 Weaver's Chambers

Alternate pathing would be Riverways before Broken Bridge and get The Western Forest waypoint, then go back to Crossroads. Only attempt this once you are very fast, taking less than 8 minutes, so The Western Forest instance doesn't reset:

14 The Old Fields
15 The Crossroads (get waypoint)
15 The Riverways
17 The Western Forest (get waypoint)
16 Broken Bridge
17-18 Chamber of Sins
17 The Western Forest (kill Alira)
18 Weaver's Chambers

For Alira, don't stand on corpses, and eventually you'll get her. Until you get better you could try killing all the guards first, TP'ing to town to reset the fight, then take on Alira and her zombies.

Optimally you should be about 3 levels underlevelled when you start a new zone level. Accounting for gaining a level during the trip to the bandit: Kraityn@14, Alira@15, Oak@17.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Sep 4, 2015, 7:12:58 PM
Thanks, I'll try those tips.

Can I kill those 3 bandits with freezing pulse alone or should I get another gem?
"
Gordyne wrote:
Can I kill those 3 bandits with freezing pulse alone or should I get another gem?

You probably could but you might as well pick up other quest rewards.

As Witch, you should probably pick up Lightning Tendrils instead of Freezing Pulse at the start. Buy Fire Trap (Scroll of Wisdom). Buy Flame Totem from Nessa (Scroll of Wisdom) once you've completed the Mud Flats. Then get Firestorm from the Merveil quest. Use Flame Totem + Fire Trap + Tendrils once you kill the Bandit adds.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Sep 5, 2015, 9:19:26 PM
"
unsane wrote:
"
Gordyne wrote:

You probably could but you might as well pick up other quest rewards.

As Witch, you should probably pick up Lightning Tendrils instead of Freezing Pulse at the start. Buy Fire Trap (Scroll of Wisdom). Buy Flame Totem from Nessa (Scroll of Wisdom) once you've completed the Mud Flats. Then get Firestorm from the Merveil quest. Use Flame Totem + Fire Trap + Tendrils once you kill the Bandit adds.

No.

As witch, when you get to town get FP + Buy fire trap from Nessa. Then at level 4 you buy flame totem from Nessa aswell. When you get to caverns grab Firestorm at level 12 drop Freezing pulse.
Last edited by lPeeps on Sep 11, 2015, 3:56:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info