[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Okay so today I got both a frost doryani and a whispering Ice. I feel like the game is trying to tell me something.

Might try your build, but I found curious that the dory is mentionned nowhere ; is there a reason for that? (That's just curiosity on my part :p)
Skyforth looks interesting. However, if you are not already running an all-unique WI build (which is kinda different from this one) then the nodes saved on dropping US will just get you the INT lost from decent rare shoes. And you lose ES and resists too. Dunno if that's a worthy trade-off just for 4% increased INT.

For all-unique definitely good. But the prices on these new boots... Check poe.trade... LOL! Maybe in a few months when there are more of them in game.
I have been following this build with my "_Zana_" Scion. With the Skyforth boots, I have been respecing out of US node. I am not sure if it becomes a better or worse build, but I spent too many regrets already.

My Rare ring, Body Armor, Glove, and Helmet are complete shit. They needs to be replace, but I am broke now :(

My Gear

My passive tree @ L84
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABBAcIZw18DkgQWBEtEVARlhVQFdcabBzcHRQdTx8CHxgnqSlPKjgsnCy_LR8tqDW5NsU9X0VHRnFHBkrITLNQQlF0UftSKVJTVeBWY1haXfJfKl9qX7BmVGwIbRlvnnvDf8aCm4LkgwmD94TFhXuGrodliq-MNo7pjxqPRo_6kBGTJ5Ugl5WbtZ2uoS-iLqKjppmnCKcrr42vm7GQtAy1BLfWvoC-ir68wGbBxcHzwzrKSsrTzRbQH9DQ1abYJNtZ2-fkIuq66-Tr7uwY7Djv6_GK?accountName=TheHeadsmasher&characterName=_Zana_

I will probably remove the socket near CI and move it to the Scion's lower right socket (need to farm more regrets!)

If I use "Control Destruction" gem, I will lose the Power Charge property on the boots, right? Should I use it?

Please share your thought. Am I making the build worse?
Thanks,
"

I will probably remove the socket near CI and move it to the Scion's lower right socket (need to farm more regrets!)

If I use "Control Destruction" gem, I will lose the Power Charge property on the boots, right? Should I use it?

Please share your thought. Am I making the build worse?
Thanks,

This is non-crit build, so Control Destruction's downside does nothing to our dps. Switch it with Hypothermia for sure.

About Skyforth, even though it's pretty damn good, a good ES boots with high INT & resistances is better. Why? Because it'll help you get enough resistance for another Perandus Signet, which will give you at least 100 more INT (more ES more damage), and espcially mana regen.

I'd definitely recommend to drop Skyforth, spec to US again (which allow another Brute Force, that has 24 Int on them), but only do this when you have a good ES boots, another Perandus, and ....more regrets :D :D :D. You should also get some increased duration nodes on the tree.

IGN: _Gaia_

Where to download my hideout: https://poe.house/hideout/76oNuBpb

Where to trade currency between leagues: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156864
Last edited by _Gaia_ on Jan 12, 2016, 10:53:52 AM
My current character is using this build. Thank you, Baalorlord, for creating it!

After playing it for a while and experiencing most of the top content with it (although I gave up on Uber; fuck that grind and I'm not spending exalts to buy it just to try it) I have a few notes and can propose a couple of improvements. My gems are still being leveled, my jewels are meh, but the results are already excellent. Normal Atziri is a joke, all map bosses up to T15 are punch bags. T15 Kaom and Daresso down deathless, haven't found a Core map yet.

My current gear:

Lv 93 tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAecD7gQHDXwOSBEtEVARlhXXGmwbJRzcHRQdTx2-HwIo-ilPKjgsnCy_LR8tqDOHNbk2xTboPAU9X0VHRmlGcUrIS65Ms1BCUXRSU1ZjV8lYr13yXypfal-wZlRtGW6qbztvnngNe8N_xoKbgseC5IMJg_eExYV7hq6Kr4w2jHaO6Y8aj0aP-pARkyeX9Ju1na6ePJ_LoS-iLqKjppmnCKcrpzCpbq-NsZC0DLUEtfK31riTvoC-ir68wBrAZsHFwzrKSsrT0B_Q0NWm2CTZW9tZ5CLpAuq66-Tr7uwY7DjvfO_r

1. OP may want to add this detail to 'Why CtF/AoF?' (edited after more checking): because CtF gives you 15% MORE damage (multiplicative) plus 20% increased (additive). I clarified how the damage conversion works with the experts in the gem forum: it's a 30% MORE modifier for 50% of your base damage, i.e. 15% MORE overall. And then AoF makes it a single damage type again, allowing Fire Penetration to do 150% MORE damage to resistant mobs including bosses (the mob takes 63% of the damage you deal instead of 25% without penetration). Multiple multiplicative modifiers stack up to huge dps. And you save valuable tree nodes by double-dipping into Snowforged.

2. I dropped one jewel socket (the rightmost one, near GR) and took Amplify and Blast Radius instead, with only 2 of the nearby 5% radius nodes. This lets me use Conc Effect all the time, not just for the bosses. It's a huge boost, another 60% MORE damage, multiplicative, plus 60% increased (additive) too. The Icestorm radius is virtually unchanged (-25% +20%). I specifically picked +20% because it's the sweet spot where you lose only about 10% single target dps compared to the pure Conc Effect. See the Firestorm Calculator. It's very accurate and works for Icestorm just fine. As a result: I have no need to switch gems, I have almost the same normal Icestorm radius, I do 60% MORE plus 60% increased (50% from the area nodes and 10% from CE gem quality) AE damage compared to the original build (but 10% LESS on the very few bosses that stand still and have no adds). The radius is not a problem at Atziri either: on the split phase you cast it between the non-mirror statue and a wall and it will not hit the mirror. I absolutely recommend trading 1 jewel socket for this huge dps boost.

3. I took Potency of Will instead of Exceptional Performance. They do the same thing and you only need one of them. The difference is that the node leading to the former is +Int while the latter is +Dex. To get there, I pathed left from Foresight to connect to the upper-left part of the tree instead of going left from Snowforged. That lost me one +Int node but gained a +6% ES node. Net result: lose +Dex, gain +6% ES.

4. I am not rich and can't afford quite the same amount of ES on the items as the original (check poe.trade prices on stuff like that!). And if you want to reliably kill the top bosses you need to have a ton of ES. So my solution is to drop Alchemist (yes, flasks are nice but ES is nicer) and the 20% mana regen +5 Int node (it's insignificant) near Scion and grab 4 fat ES nodes near Witch (+38% ES!!). This gave me over 11k ES and a lot of security and freedom in map mods. If you are rich and love flasks then the original build works fine I guess. Or you can get like 15k ES instead of Alchemist too.

5. CWDT+Firestorm+CoH+TC is so 2.0. Drop it easily. Blasphemy Warlord's Mark aura is the new king in 2.1. Drop PoF and get it instead. All you need aura-wise is Discipline + AA + Blasphemy + WM + Enlighten (doesn't even have to be lv 3). It takes care of everything. It doubles your life leech. Blasphemy is not reflectable, you simply WM Atziri like any other mob. Ele reflect? No problem, you leech 4% already, don't even need to use a flask except for some extreme cases like +reflect -resists or Ele Weakness. It solves your mana issues by adding 2% mana leech. -80% regen? No problem! Use Clarity instead of WM for Curse Immune maps. Oh, and endurance charges! The life saver! CWDT + IC + Inc Duration. It's all you need. I am going to try high level gems too. Let it trigger on 3k damage but last several seconds.

6. Auxium! You take US to stop getting stunned/interrupted, meaning you already hate this kind of stuff on a CI char with 1 life. Auxium takes care of the other half of the problem: chill/freeze. I tried Doryani's, Perandus Blazon, Bated Breath, but Auxium was by far the best. Yes, it's lower dps, but dps is already not an issue, this build has enough dps to kill trash by just walking by and kill bosses reasonably fast. It has a ton of ES. Not getting frozen/chilled by everything that deals cold (or avoiding +cold dmg mod and certain bosses) is an immense QoL improvement. I got raped by Haast early on. I laughed in his face after switching to Auxium. Get this belt! It's totally worth losing some dps.

7. Thought about going all-unique. Twice the dps but half the survivability. Not my thing. You have to decide how much of a glass cannon you want to be. I would love to see the videos of an all-unique WI char vs Uber, Core or even T15 Daresso with non-trivial map mods. No room for error. One wrong step and you are dead. And not just on bosses. Tough packs/rares/mods. A couple seconds of lag, a momentary distraction or loss of concentration, and hours worth of xp are wasted. Not to mention avoiding a lot of map mods/combos/bosses. I want to go far with this char. Perhaps even lv 100. A glass cannon can't do that. I would much rather take twice as long killing a boss than risk dying. WI, Astramentis, 2x Perandus Signet, Auxium - 5 uniques is perfect in my opinion.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 14, 2016, 6:47:45 PM
My current gear:

LVL 87 tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAecEBw18DkgOXBBYES0RUBGWFdcabBzcHRQdTx8CKU8qOCycLL8tHy2oNbk2xTboPydFR0V-RmlGcUrITLNRdFZjWK9ZbV3yXypfal-YX7BmVGr6bRluqm87b554DXvDf8aCm4LkgwmD94TFhXuGrodliq-Mdo7pjxqPRo_6kBGTJ5Ugm7Wdrp48n8uhL6IuoqOmmacIpyunMKlur42vm7GQtAy1BLXyt9a-gL6KvrzAGsBmwcXB88M6ykrK088y0B_Q0NWm2CTbWeQi6rrr5Ovu7BjsOO_r

It's really nice build, i have 9.2k es with this items and 5.3k avg. dmg with conc effect. Want go to Uber, when i take 10k+ es)

I was try this
, but astramentis better)
Last edited by ChemKiller on Jan 13, 2016, 2:15:12 AM
"
ChemKiller wrote:
I was try this
, but astramentis better)

I experimented with different rare amulets for a while. They can get you higher dps and more ES. But Astramentis solves so many gear issues, it just can't be beat.

Hint: don't overpay for perfect Astramentis. Buy the cheapest one for 1ex or w/e. It only has 2 mods. You can easily roll them high enough yourself. I bought my

as +12 +82 and it took me 2 Blessed and 1 Divine to turn it into +15 +99. Sure, that's probably lucky, but Divine is 1/3-1/4 ex and Blessed is very cheap.
An update on higher level CWDT+IC with WM aura: loving it!

Wasting IC on a tiny 536 dmg when you have 11k ES always bothered me. This is SO much better! Any physical packs turn me immune after the first 1-2 hits and then they are dead before IC is over. Blue exploding hedgehogs, archers, etc in high tier maps - I used to throw my golem between them and myself, or hide after they start exploding, especially if it's a +dmg mod or Vulnerability. No need anymore.

And the Atziri Trio is just a joke now. Pre-cast Icestorm on the center before triggering the fight, it insta kills the archer bitch and severely damages the fire dude. Then finish him off. The melee guy charges at you enraged, pop anti-bleed flask, he triggers IC immediately which also makes you immune to the machine gunner adds. The adds die to the Icestorm still going on in the center and give you endurance charges. IC fades, he re-triggers it immediately, for 4 sec. And then he's dead. LOL. Makes me want to finish the Uber grind and give it a try.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 13, 2016, 12:42:17 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
7. Thought about going all-unique. Twice the dps but half the survivability. Not my thing. You have to decide how much of a glass cannon you want to be. I would love to see the videos of an all-unique WI char vs Uber, Core or even T15 Daresso with non-trivial map mods. No room for error. One wrong step and you are dead. And not just on bosses. Tough packs/rares/mods. A couple seconds of lag, a momentary distraction or loss of concentration, and hours worth of xp are wasted. Not to mention avoiding a lot of map mods/combos/bosses. I want to go far with this char. Perhaps even lv 100. A glass cannon can't do that. I would much rather take twice as long killing a boss than risk dying. WI, Astramentis, 2x Perandus Signet, Auxium - 5 uniques is perfect in my opinion.

Sigh. An all unique build:

- 10.5k ES (you can drop Blast Radius and pick up Arcane Focus for an additional 41% ES and 20% ES RR)
- 50% faster ES RR (or 70% if AF is your thing)
- 6k tooltip DMG (36% to radius) without concentrated effect (have fun with a WI spread of a portal lol)
- 81% capped resists (oooh baby)
- 3.08 casts per second
- Ability to freeze (or take AoF as there are 2 free tree nodes)
- 2000+ Int
- 36% movement speed

All of the survivability and double the DPS: yum! If OP can do Uber Atziri with 12K ES at 75% resists (pre-Controlled Destruction), I don't see how facing her with 11K ES and 81% resists post-CD (which would negate far more damage than the additional 1K ES covers I might add) is suicide.

Pound for pound, an all unique build has a far higher ceiling due to our crazy scaling.
Deliver pain exquisite
I was just wondering what you guys think of this amulet
http://i.imgur.com/2JE8j0m.jpg

Could it compare to an Astramentis?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info