Descent Champions: The Brute

What works for killing him? I've tried a couple times now with a Fire Trap/Lightning Tendrils Shadow, which works fine for getting there. But since I doubt I can face tank him, I keep throwing traps, which inevitably kill Skellies, which accelerates him further and further, until the inevitable.

He's got a *lot* of hp, so I'm having a really hard time thinking of something to bring him down.
if u get freeze pulse its easy
look in nearby threads
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Also try fireball, with its 20% chance to ignite you can usually ignite without hitting skeles and kite him around the stairs
The trick to killing the brute is to kill him fast as the longer the fight drags on the harder he gets.

What I like to do is immediately head for the stairs on the left and run up to the top of the platform making sure the brute is flowing. I drop a flame totem and step back a bit and get as many shots in as I can until my totem dies. I've seen some people who are content to sit there and face tank him after the totem dies but it never quite works out for me. So I run down the stairs a bit, re cast my totem and then either fire from where I'm at or run over to the other set of stairs if he's chasing me instead of focusing on the totem. Once he's focused on the totem fire away.

Edit: should have mentioned this was playing as Templar.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Last edited by Dethklok on Aug 29, 2015, 1:20:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info