Wild Strike

I saw on some posts that the secondary part of the damage does not hit the initial target. Would want to confirm if this is true?

If so, probably should make it clear on the skill description as both the description and the visual effect of the skill both indicate that the 2nd part will hit the main target.
Last edited by ScorpiusXI on Dec 9, 2017, 10:52:03 PM
"
I saw on some posts that the secondary part of the damage does not hit the initial target. Would want to confirm if this is true?

It is an accurate statement. Pretty easy to see for yourself - if the initial target took both Hits, they'd be melting like butter, dealing far more Damage than even Vigilant Strike.
I am indeed very much enjoying to play with Wild Strike. Cool skill with cool synergies! (EE ftw!)

The sound effect for the fire burst though. Holy moly. Please, GGG, please please turn that down!
IGN: Laubblaeser
Playing Wild strike for couple of days in not-most optimal way but enjoying it a lot.

I would like to have however a Thrashold jewel for this skill which would shift the chance for the various types

Basically 3 jewels , exclusive to each other (limit 1)

Some regular Inc Ele dmg 10-15% to not be punished for taking jewel (considering abyss, it's still a big punishment)
Exclusive effects
- 50% chance to do arc - rest 25/25
- 50% to do fire / rest 25/25
- 50% chance to do frost bolts /rest 25 / 25

Could be interesting to have a possibility to tweak the wild strike a bit.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Laubblaeser wrote:
I am indeed very much enjoying to play with Wild Strike. Cool skill with cool synergies! (EE ftw!)

The sound effect for the fire burst though. Holy moly. Please, GGG, please please turn that down!

Yes, please GGG. The fire burst sound effect is not only far too loud in comparison to the others, in my opinion, but also does not thematically match the visual effect.
How about a Threshold Jewel that gives Elemental Penetration and Weapon Range? One of the flaws from testing the skill is that you have to actually melee hit the mob for it to work so maybe giving it something similar to Frost Blades could be quite advantageous.

Ele penetration for the generic damage boost that threshold jewels give.
"
Laubblaeser wrote:

"
MayaSarnn wrote:

Yes, please GGG. The fire burst sound effect is not only far too loud in comparison to the others, in my opinion, but also does not thematically match the visual effect.

I totally agree! GGG, please change this sound effect - a very high-frequency and incredibly loud sound.

Also it is sounds more more like a hard hit on a plywood sheet than a flame.

This sound is very annoying to me. I stopped playing with this skill only because of this sound.

Or maybe... make a MTX with less annoying sounds. It's not free, so it's worth a work, right?
Last edited by Spiro on Mar 25, 2018, 8:13:17 AM
I was somewhat disappointed when I found out that if you support Wild Strike with Ancestral Call, both... illusions? (what is the proper name for those?) always use the same element as my character. I was expecting it to be randomized as well and just cover the screen in fireworks.

Is this intended behavior? Any chance it could be changed in the future?
I would like to suggest a few possible changes to wild strike that I believe would make it more viable to standard builds and have subtle elements (no pun intended) that could make for powerful specialty builds.

First of all, turn it into an intelligence, dexterity and strength skill (since it uses lightning, cold, and fire) with 3 separate threshold jewels:
The intelligence threshold jewel could be called, “Entropic Cataclysm” and have a 15% chance to allow for a double critical strike. I.e. if you have a critical strike multiplier of 400, then if you pass the 15% chance jewel check then you get 2 critical strike rolls, if neither critical roll passes then you get a standard hit, if one passes then you get a critical strike of 4 times the damage, if both pass then you get a critical strike of 4*4 = 16 times the damage. With a critical strike chance of 50% and a critical strike multiplier 400 this jewel gives, on average, 22.5% more damage.
The dexterity threshold jewel could be called “Entropic Thrust” and give 20, 15, and 10 penetration of a random element on each hit. This means that a hit would have 20 lightning penetration, 15 fire penetration, and 10 cold penetration, or 20 fire penetration, 15 cold penetration, and 10 lightning penetration, or any of the other 4 possible combinations.
The strength threshold jewel could be called “Entropic Domination” and give a 20% chance to have 100% of the hit’s damage gained as a random element. This means that if a wild strike hit comprised of 100 fire damage, 15 cold damage, and 10 chaos damage and if the jewel’s 20% chance roll passed and the random element chosen was lightning, then the hit would do 100 fire, 15 cold, 10 chaos, and 100 + 15 + 10 = 125 lightning damage for a total of 250 damage.

The second suggestion that I would like to make to wild strike is to allow it the have a stat stick (something like this https://i.redd.it/jm2cbhje1te01.png). This would likely require making wild strike only use the main hand while dual wielding.

I believe that these changes keep true to the nature of wild strike and give it a whole slew of new possible builds to fit into.

Thank you for your time, consideration, and constructive feedback.

TLDR: Give WS 3 threshold gems: doubles critical strikes, extra penetration, and more damage. Also, let it use a stat stick (https://i.redd.it/jm2cbhje1te01.png).
change the fires burst sound.
its a neat skill, but every time i try it out i quit in five minutes.
CHANGE THE FIRE BURST SOUND.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info